Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. The Campbell's Tomato Soup ingredients that you list are bad enough but one that you did not mention may be the worst and that is sodium. According to the label, each can has approximately 2.5 servings with each serving containing 710 mg of sodium or 30% of the adult MDR. If one were to consume a whole can, one would have already had 75% of the daily amount of sodium. US citizens in particular need to reduce their intake of salt. If you never added any salt at the table or while cooking, you would still get much more than you need every day. That would be without ever eating fast food or "processed" food, also. I am not trying to claim I am that careful with my diet but I am at least aware and trying to do better. Best regards, RA1
  2. LOL to both CharliePS and MsGuy + Lucky, of course. Best regards, RA1
  3. I try very hard to not kill anyone. After all, if the pilot has a bad day, it likely will affect others. That probably sounds harsh or silly but I mean it in this regard: I try to be extra careful and "assume" even less than usual. I always try to be very alert, a bad day just makes me more so. Best regards, RA1 It has worked so far. 43 years and 13,000 hours without an accident or incident. And, no loss of passengers.
  4. If you don't want to talk about Pepsi, just ignore the comment. When they first raised the price to 6 cents, the machines that I remember had a metal tube attached to the machine. In reality, it was an honor system because the machine had no way of "knowing" if you put a penny in the tube or not. Best regards, RA1
  5. From the old days, you are talking about 6 ounce Cokes, right? That is what you got out of a machine for a nickel, then 6 cents, later. I had at least two older family members who thought that when the 10 ounce bottle came along that it tasted different. I never pinned them down but I think they thought the 10 ounce bottle was the same 6 ounces + 4 ounces of carbonated water, which, of course would have diluted the taste. Pepsi had a series of blind taste commercials several years ago which claimed that there was no difference or Pepsi tasted better under those conditions. Any opinions about that? Best regards, RA1
  6. No one, including me, wants to prove they will do what they "agree" to do in these situations. However, it won't take many, perhaps only one, incident to show the world, mainly terrorists, that we mean business. I think most, by far, US citizens will be willing to take the responibility to take care of themselves and others as and when the situation suggests and especially if the "leadership" agrees and offers the same. I think that most will assume the purpose of being "first" and do what is required, IF they are so informed in advance or in the ordinary course of living. We must take back our civil rights and advance the USA. Best regards, RA1
  7. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I have been to Thailand but, on business. I would like to return to see what is going on with "the boys" during a vacation, whatever that might be. Best regards, RA1
  8. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Yes, I will still donate regardless of the tax consequences, but, like some others, I do give, but, not necessarily until it "hurts". Best regards, RA1
  9. It doesn't matter what Bin Laden said or thought, we have lost many of our freedoms and in that regard, the terrorists have "won". I repeat my theme about US citizens taking responsibility for whatever happens to each and every one of us within the limits of their physical abilities. The TSA can be reduced to checking for metal and virtually nothing else, IF each and every passenger would take the responsibility of preventing any hijacking or terrorist activities. This would be similar to asking and requiring the persons sitting at the emergency exits IF they can and will assume the responsibility of opening the exit and helping others get out, if required. This is something we all can do. As far as using the destruction of the twin towers to enrage or attract the populace for action, I only have this to say: No real pilot who was alive at the time of the attacks on US, the citizens of the USA, will every forget that they used American airliners to perpetrate their awful activities. We take it personally and always will. Best regards, RA1
  10. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in Politics
    What oil shortages? Best regards, RA1
  11. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in Politics
    Human nature. Best regards, RA1
  12. BBB- Either you are very geographically challenged OR your sense of humour is just as warped as mine. Best regards, RA1
  13. Aren't there some escorts that could fit one or more of the various descriptions offered? As well as some clients? In some ways it was like reading about a prune danish review, all squishy and slightly tasty. Best regards, RA1
  14. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in The Beer Bar
    Among all the other considerations about a portable generator is to be sure and run it once a month or it likely won't start or run well when you need it. Fuel goes bad after sitting around months on end although there are additives that lengthen the storage life. Best regards, RA1
  15. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Do you have an iron dick to take the abuse from that iron fist? Best regards, RA1
  16. I assume you mean in the US or other so called civilized countries? Some places they hang them (us). Best regards, RA1
  17. Tacoma? Best regards, RA1
  18. "Recovering" from the week past and getting ready for the next week. I have already personally relived the horror of the US being attacked in the lead-up to the anniversary. I am aware. I know what happened. I am continuously sad and sorry about it all. I need no further reminders, at the moment. If I happen to be flying on 9/11/11,I will be keenly interested in whatever the controllers and other pilots have to say, if any thing. I expect very little. Grief among pilots is personal and usually quiet. Retribution is always noisy and continuing. Best regards, RA1
  19. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Whatever the two of you want it to. Best regards, RA1
  20. RA1 replied to Lucky's topic in Politics
    So, does that make you a Romney man? Just asking. Best regards, RA1 Personally, I am very tempted at this point.
  21. I enjoyed reading it also. Thanks. Best regards, RA1
  22. Crazy is what pols do, isn't it? Things in general do seem to be getting worse. Isn't there a term like the quickening for this? Not quite ready to claim it is time for the rapture. I see several who are willing to make public disclosures about their popularity for public office but I see virtually no one who is exhibiting leadership for same. Pity. We need several, but one would be nice. Best regards, RA1
  23. TN is also just about a varied as KY but for slightly different reasons. Mountain folks in the east, plateau folks in the middle and delta folks in the west. That is an extreme over simplification of how TN "is". I personally have enjoyed going to Canada every time that I have gone and that is many, many times, on business. However, I have no need to harvest a crop of snow. That is a reference to a recent comic strip which appeared in US newspapers and is only mentioned for (mild) humour. There are many things to know and enjoy about every area of the world. I hope we will focus on that. In other words, no bitching. Best regards, RA1
  24. When McDonald's came to MEM we thought it was a joke and fad. The food was kept warm by heat lamps and tasted every bit as bad as one could imagine unless you got one at the height of a meal time. Whoever heard of cooking food ahead of time? Ugh. The "milk shakes" actually tasted warm because they used so much stabilizer in them. Everything they served was according to their own formula and was not very much like any other food products. It was a product, not what I call real food. As you suggest, they also prepared their fries also according to a formula. They cut them, soaked them in a sink under water, dried them and then cooked them in beef tallow. As you also suggest, they were tasty when hot and also very bad for you. Probably the only product that most considered to be "real food" even though bad for you. Obviously, McDonald's wasn't a fad and they improved their products but continued to make them according to their own formulae. I understand that portion control and "quality" control are part of making a profit. I certainly expect that in a fast food outlet. I don't enjoy it nearly as much in an establishment that has some right to call themselves a restaurant. However, it is a fact of life these days. Like many who are older and hopefully a little wiser, I do not eat in fast food places very often now. I don't think I have been in a McDonald's in over 10 years. Best regards, RA1
  25. I am sure you have your own demographic reasons for delineating the states the way you do but it does casually raise some questions. Why wouldn't KY be considered part of the South? Not sure that WY and MT consider them plains states. Etc. Just curious. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.