Everything posted by RA1
-
The Organ
Slim Pickens was one of my favorite actors. Think the B-52 looks anything like the B-707? It should, same parents. Best regards, RA1
-
The Secret History of the Female Code Breakers Who Helped Defeat the Nazis
So why did FDR apparently "let" the Pearl Harbor attack happen? Endless speculation about this already, I know. Best regards, RA1
-
The Secret History of the Female Code Breakers Who Helped Defeat the Nazis
Women are taking over the world. Look at the latest efforts of the BSA (Boy Scouts of America). Could be a good thing. Best regards, RA1
-
One of those days....
The birds near the opening scene have the best of it all. Best regards, RA1
-
I can’t believe I forgot to mention this !
I believe it is a widely circulated idea that native Americans have a gene that makes them susceptible to alcohol. Of course they say much the same thing about women but that might be somewhat supported by weight differences. Yes this was the early 70's. Best regards, RA1
-
I can’t believe I forgot to mention this !
Strange things can and do happen around the world. I remember being shocked my first trip to Goose Bay, Canada seeing the hotel clerk kicking a native on the floor and escorting him out the door. Apparently drinking was only allowed for natives one day a week and I happened to show up that day; I was also interested and not in a good way to see military personnel at Heathrow armed with automatic weapons walking around in the terminal. Courtesy of a recent episode of the "troubles". Best regards, RA1
-
DJT vs NFL/NBA
Sorry for the mistake. I first thought DJT was CK not the prez. Still the controversy is big and getting bigger which is silly considering all the "real" problems we have. Best regards, RA1
-
DJT vs NFL/NBA
Now that it is DJT vs Trump he will at least stir up a bigger controversy. Best regards, RA1
-
Puerto Rico
I used to have hope but I gave it up for Lent one year and nothing ever replaced it. OTOH you seem to be supposing it will matter 100 years from now (when the Dow hits 1 million, according to the oracle of Omaha). Best regards, RA1
-
Puerto Rico
AS- I think Ma Nature can take care of herself as in what you are describing about the climate. Best regards, RA1
-
Trump Pardons the Sheriff
I think it is typical of many Presidential pardons. Best regards, RA1
-
Name your Five Funniest TV shows
Kind of made you want to be a bus driver or work in the sewer, if they had that much fun, didn't it? Best regards, RA1
-
Name your Five Funniest TV shows
Wiki says that at least some of the Kinescopes exist. All of the original scripts seemingly exist although what Sid did was NOT in the scripts. Best regards, RA1
-
Name your Five Funniest TV shows
One thing that made the Shows of Shows so spectacular was the ad libbing by Sid Caesar who frequently broke up Carl Reiner and others in the cast. He and Imogene Coca were spell binding together. I believe these shows were live and some or most not likely preserved in any way. I would like to be wrong about this. Best regards, RA1
-
Name your Five Funniest TV shows
Show of Shows The Big Bang Theory Carol Burnett Show The Golden Girls Red Skelton Best regards, RA1
-
Best of Everything
I got a chance to see Johnny Cash live in a country club setting about 1982.I do not belong to this country club. I was just the invited dumb pilot of the host. As I recall the fee was $25,000 for 30 or so minutes in front of an audience of maybe 50 people. I enjoyed the show. Best regards, RA1
-
Think he is gay?
http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/whats-hot/man-hits-back-at-bosses-for-telling-him-to-remove-his-make-up-at-work/ar-BBEfhZr?li=BBnbcA0
-
What do you do to get rid of stress?
Go flying. For me it is impossible to worry about earthly things when miles above it. Best regards, RA1
-
Is it a Lock ?
Whether one is for or against ObamaCare, no one wants this version. Best regards, RA1
-
Getting OLD is a Bitch
Other than friends who were born then or survived the war, I can think of little good that is memorable about 1944. If that guy is 73 I want to meet him and or his siblings. Best regards, RA1
-
Flying
Wrote this as a Word doc which I included. Sorry. Best regards, RA1 Flying.docx
-
Bad experiences on United Airlines?
boiworship- I think you must mean 40 years ago. Best regards, RA1
-
Bad experiences on United Airlines?
FWIW- When UA went bankrupt a few years ago, they treated their own employees just as shabbily as they are currently treating the flying public. Best regards, RA1
-
Bad experiences on United Airlines?
No competition and no incentive beyond the bottom line. Best regards, RA1
-
These are the world's 50 most violent cities.
How did MEM avoid this list? Best regards, RA1