Everything posted by RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
I can think of a LOT of folks who might say that but not MR. I am sure he has plenty of faults but I do not think that is one of them. Best regards, RA1
-
a video sample of some typical Brazilian sauna boys
Indeed likely you and I would like to cancel "advanced age". Best regards, RA1
-
Sean Cody Star blackmails wealthy client
Yes. Best regards, RA1
-
I called it first.
Of course. Similarly, this is how we "conquered' Japan, with McDonalds and blue jeans. Not sure MS. Merkel is even looking for eternal life, at least not how you seem to mean it. Best regards, RA1
-
I called it first.
The reason US tourists go to China is to visit their money. Best regards, RA1
-
I called it first.
Why are tourists so eager to see one of the last bastions of Communism? Among some of the things that means is too little pay, too little infrastructure, not enough hotel rooms, a certain lack of food, not enough organization and many other things that most consider "lacking" or doing without. Just how wonderful is that for either the inhabitants of Cuba or the visitors? Sure, no one wishes to pay a high price for "ordinary" things but why not just stay home, eat some rice and beans, drink a little rum and imagine how things are without "amenities". No thanks. Best regards, RA1
-
A day not to forget
For those interested in how really bad and bloody this was, please read the book, "Flags of Our Fathers" by James Bradley. Amazing. I have spent a fair amount of time at TOA aka Torrence, CA aka Zamperini Field. Also amazing. I know some folks who are not willing to forgive and forget and they were not even there (but their father's were). Third amazing. That many of us can forgive and forget. Best regards, RA1
-
Pope: Death penalty represents 'failure,' fosters vengeance
Interesting. Does this mean by extrapolation that the Pope is NOT a jihadist? JK. Is it also your view that life imprisonment is not "acceptable"? I seem to recall that you, at least once, offered that as an alternative to the death penalty. Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord. I agree that does not mean we can usurp that role as "agents". OTOH, what shall we do with criminals. Just let them do whatever they please? Best regards, RA1
-
Trump, the gift that just keeps on giving
They let Ross Perot debate so why not? Some folks think Perot cost George H.W. Bush the election, not "no new taxes, read my lips" which certainly did not help. It could have been very interesting to have 4 more years of this Bush and see who won in 1996. After all, some folks believe that Clinton was the beneficiary of the effort for recovery from a mild recession that Bush started. Speculation can go on and on with no one being able to prove much one way or another. Best regards, RA1
-
Most of What You Think You Know About Grammar Is Wrong
I always knew Grammar was wrong about some things and Grammpa also. Best regards, RA1
-
JUST IN CASE - - -
Again, thanks. Best regards, RA1
-
JUST IN CASE - - -
Thanks for this interesting post but I am at least slightly confused. What are the "main" meeting places? It is easy to assume the saunas are the main meeting places for "hired sex". I could also easily assume that "other" places might be the main meeting places for "free" sex. Please alleviate my confusion. Best regards, RA1
-
A 64 Bird lives
Did you also have time for a polka or is that a different segue? Best regards, RA1
-
A 64 Bird lives
If indeed one went over such as Niagara Falls in a barrel somewhat entangled with another, it would surely be the quickest quickie on record. Best regards, RA1
-
A 64 Bird lives
I would gladly buy back the car I had then, especially at the new car price ($4400). It had plenty of deficiencies, some of them simply products of the time, but I obviously enjoyed it. Best regards, RA1
-
A 64 Bird lives
www.vintagecorvettes.com/1963white.html This is pretty much what my first car looked like. White with red interior. 340 327 engine with AFB (Aluminum Four Barrel), close ratio 4 speed with 4.11 rear end. When you ordered that engine, the only options other than interior and exterior color + rear end ratio was AM/FM radio. AC, power doors, windows, brakes, etc. etc. were not offered. The top went up and down manually but was easy to do. The biggest problem I had was that tires of that era were not what they are today. With that much horsepower, even with Positraction (limited slip differential), one went through tires all too often. In spite of being young and dumb (as opposed to old and dumb) I never got a ticket while owning that car. Yes, I went very fast and did a lot of highway driving. I got stopped a lot because the various police and deputies wanted to look at the car up close but they never wrote me a ticket. At 88 MPH (4,000 RPM) it got 17 MPG on high test. At 90 it got 12. The easy conclusion is that two barrels were open at 88 and the other two opened any faster. Once during a closed section of highway I got it up to 142. Scary to think back doing that on those tires. I enjoyed owning and driving this car but my insurance pretty soon started up to astronomical numbers and the last price quoted was basically equal to buying a new car every year. Even though I was not getting tickets, this was the price of being under 25, single and driving a "fast" car. Best regards, RA1
-
INSIDE ARTHUR C. CLARKE’S MYSTERIOUS WORLD
What a heart warming article. Thanks for posting it. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Still humourous but many years old. Best regards, RA1
-
Netanyahu Urges ‘Mass Immigration’ of Jews From Europe
Now you know how many folks feel about BO. Sigh, indeed. Best regards, RA1
-
Creflo Dollar needs a new jet.
He must be a latter day Pilgrim. Best regards, RA1
-
"No Palestinian State on my watch"
I suppose it isn't over until it is over. Best regards, RA1
-
Creflo Dollar needs a new jet.
Which, a sucker or someone aspiring to fool others? Best regards, RA1
-
Creflo Dollar needs a new jet.
Televangelism is apparently live and well. However, I think he or they will have to pony up a few more bucks to buy a G650 today. In the first place a position with Gulfstream is no doubt a couple years in the future and the price does not stand still until you place your order and pay for it. I did not check but likely the current price for a future delivery is in the 75-80 million dollar range. Of course one does get training for 2 pilots and 1 mechanic included, a value in excess of 50,000 but of course that is just left over change in the offering plate, isn't it? Never mind the 2 million or so per year to operate such a jet. A minor detail. The right rev could buy a used jet or possibly even find a current position willing to sell to him. From the tone of his solicitation I would say anything other than brand new is just not going to do. Best regards, RA1
-
The next hot commodity to invest in?
My comment about the article was agreeing to not waste and be more efficient in our use of water. Investing in such may or may not make money, like any other investment. Otherwise, I was just commenting on the picture itself. Best regards, RA1
-
The next hot commodity to invest in?
What else would environmentalists find wrong with this picture? People in remote areas on top of mountains? Several ships in otherwise pristine waters? I have no problem with conserving water (and wasting nothing, for that matter). We indeed do need to be more efficient in our use of all resources. Personally, I try to hold my liquor and only go once. Best regards, RA1