Everything posted by RA1
-
Want to join BOYTOY?
Must be a Canadian thing. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
Stealth and cunning may still apply. Best regards, RA1
-
It's been a long, long time - - -
The USD is basically on the upsurge against most, if not all, other currencies, mostly because of the decline in the price of oil but also because the US economy (sorry as it is) is doing better than most others. Best regards, RA1
-
Coming to America
The Brit birds do love their "unusual" hats, don't they? Best regards, RA1
-
Pictures surface--Road trip to Palm Springs Weekend
Gift? I thought that was an onboard potty. Best regards, RA1
-
'Los Alamos from Below' -- recollections by Feynman
I am the Canal Street Fairy, will I do? Best regards, RA1
-
Happy Pi Day!
Interesting. I, too, have maintained links with Wales, although I spell it differently. Cardiff and other Welsh domiciles are indeed interesting to visit. Best regards, RA1
-
What happen if you fall in love with a sauna boy
"...you can't solve all their problems." Shoot, I can't even solve all my own problems, never mind theirs. Question: Would you do what they do for money? No? Then why do you expect they do it "for love"? They don't. Relationships that fail of any kind for any reason are always painful AND much easier for someone outside to see what is going on. Just take some solace in the fact that everyone on this board has been there, done that. Best regards, RA1
-
Happy Pi Day!
Interesting observation. However, (as per usual) makes me think of various things including old joke: Pie are round, cornbread are square. Also, military or aviation "time" never has those exact times. Plus, other countries even write the date differently, i.e. New Zealand writes today as 14/03/15. Best regards, RA1
-
Ms play
There is a lot of floundering in MS. As AS suggests, please provide further info. Best regards, RA1
-
America is only four presidents’ lives old
As before, yes and no. Shall we both be alive when gays make a significant difference? Answer: yes and no. Best regards, RA1
-
America is only four presidents’ lives old
There are a LOT of fascinating facts out there but what does it mean? The Constitution demands we have a President but perhaps a more fascinating question is, would we have been better off without some of them? Of course, the answer is yes and no So, look MS, I mean AS, perhaps you would be well served to indulging in a little more porn vs. political history? Or, maybe not. Best regards, RA1
-
Hey All You Retirees
Nice ride. Those straight 8's are marvelous. Best regards, RA1
-
Hey All You Retirees
Pound for pound or inch for inch Airstreams are very expensive. Best regards, RA1
-
Second Harper Lee novel found
I am very sorry to hear such speculation of abuse. She (and others) deserve much better. When my mother was 88 (and probably yours also) no one had better try abusing them. Best regards, RA1
-
A veddy dry martini
This all reminds me of a drunk the next day who was offered an Alka-Selzer for his relief of a monumental hangover. The problem was the tablet was offered sans water with a glass or two of water to follow. Needless to say, the sufferer got over his hangover just as soon as he developed a more serious problem. Best regards, RA1
-
Good Morning America
Wait a minute. What about manias, phobias, etc.? There are plenty of other "quirks" extant that might apply. Best regards, RA1
-
A veddy dry martini
Just re-read the "truths we rarely question" and I must say I question the first two. The sky is not blue and the sun does not rise in the east. If you added the modifier, "apparently" then you would be more or less OK. Sorry to burst anyone's bubble. Best regards, RA1
-
How wartime Britain planned to give the US a copy of Magna Carta
I am plotting to see an escort. Should he be warned? Best regards, RA1
-
How wartime Britain planned to give the US a copy of Magna Carta
By plot do you mean scheme used in the British sense of the word, known generally in the US as a plan? If completely necessary, I think they could have figured out a way to accomplish this. However, they had the full faith and support of FDR and therefore with the Lend Lease "scheme" + the perhaps inattention to the Japanese attacking Pearl Harbor, there was no further need to get us on board. Still an interesting bit of history. Best regards, RA1
-
The Fosters
As you have mastered the internet, a few minutes of mindless voyeurism can't hurt. Best regards, RA1
-
Daylight savings time
I stand corrected by "Arlo" who made it clear that farmer's crops burn with the extra hour of daylight. Best regards, RA1
-
Joke for the Day: Add more if you want
But, why? Best regards, RA1
-
Daylight savings time
According to Wiki, DST was proposed by a Kiwi, not BF. Also, according to Wiki, DST tends to disturb farming (among other pursuits) which I cannot understand. Don't farmers work from can to can't? In other words, daylight until dark. I would be happy to just advance the clocks one hour and stay on that time year around. Best regards, RA1
-
Privacy...careful with apps you download!
Nicht verstehe. Best regards, RA1