Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. I have to agree. Only in a narrow legal sense and mainly for tax purposes should corporations be considered "people". Best regards, RA1
  2. After reading the Carpenter and Pollitt commentaries, the one thing that stands out to this Libertarian is recurring theme that the Federal government can fix and pay for this. This means two things to me; one, the further intrusion of the Federal government and the further use of tax dollars in a manner to which I am opposed. It seems to me the Supremes have done several things in this matter and others that are not viewed as correct or reasonable by one "side" or the other. In the first place, Obamacare is apparently considered unconstitutional except when viewed as a tax. Well, some think we need more taxes but I am not one of them. It seems this act will be fiddled with by the Congress and the Supremes until some time when it is probably not recognizable as resembling the original concept and everyone is unhappy BUT the cost of it will continue. The possible efficacy of it has not been determined, never mind demonstrated. Obviously this public debate will go on and on. The country seems politically completely at odds with one another. I do not blame the Democrats or the Republicans; I blame them both. Best regards, RA1
  3. You have a mouse in your hand? OK, old joke. Similar to we, which prompts the inquiry, do you have a mouse in your pocket? All nonsense. Happy Independence Day. Best regards, RA1
  4. Today has been a busy day for me so I have not yet read and thought about the analysis of Justice Ginsberg's dissention above. But, I shall. To answer or start a debate on one question posed, yes, I do think Christian Scientists can opt out of many things. They can refuse to hire and let go any employees for whatever reason except race, gender and a few other things. Do we really want Christian Scientists to only hire Christian Scientists or Jews to only hire Jews or Blacks to hire only Blacks, ETC., ETC.? Without some give and take, that could be a (negative) result. I would like to think that an employer would like to hire the best qualified person available and offer them reasonable benefits. One problem is the definition of best qualified and also reasonable benefits. I consider all this matters for discussion. Best regards, RA1
  5. Now you are having 5 martini high power business lunches? Best regards, RA1
  6. Standards are for those who are leading the charge in a war. The rest of us just stand and observe. Keep going. Best regards, RA1
  7. RA1 replied to MsGuy's topic in The Beer Bar
    To paraphrase Andy Griffith: And, there I saw a bunch of men running around in a cow pasture. I don't know what they were a-doing but the crowd seemed real interested in whatever it was..................... Best regards, RA1
  8. I consider birth control to be a subject limited to the woman herself + any she chooses with whom to consult whether her doctor, her husband, her lover, her family or friends. However, as a Libertarian, I am not sure who should pay for any possible birth control drugs or devices. My first thought is that she should pay or arrange to pay for what ever she chooses herself. However, I realize there are many opinions and possible options regarding this in fairness and equity. I suppose my conclusion is that no one should be forced to provide this coverage and that such coverage should be optional to both the provider and recipient. Best regards, RA1
  9. Achtung! Uber is what we do. Even though I misspelled ambiance, I intend to pursue it "uberly". One of us may indeed be "cute" but I am not. Be careful, MsGuy, or you may find yourself being interrogated by HSA. That is Housekeeping Sluts of America, no? Best regards, RA1
  10. There are many invisible hands, not the least of which are the 3M products to include Scotch Tape and others. I, for one, do not appreciate Scotch, although I readily admit to appreciating Scots Men. I find Scotch reminds me too much of diesel fuel which is good for mileage but not necessarily good for ambience. OTOH, I do really appreciate our poster herein, AS, and wish us all well to the future. Best regards, RA1
  11. Upon what characteristic of AS (the original, or actually the son of the original) do you mainly ascribe? I find you have not bulging eyes, a peculiar gait or much of a speech impediment (other than living among Yankees overlong). My dear Sir, do you even like Scotch? Best regards, RA1
  12. And, the Europeans brought smallpox. Plus, it was "on purpose". After the invention of penicillin I have to think the overall numbers and long term effects of tobacco were more deadly and long lasting than syphilis. A legal drug that kills thousands every day is pretty hard to beat. Best regards, RA1
  13. If red potatoes can be called redskin potatoes, why are brown skin potatoes called Irish or white potatoes? I find it interesting that various fruits and veggies are associated with places different from their origination. I believe potatoes came from South America and tomatoes (famous in Italian cooking and others) came from North America. This has generally been a thread about Indians or Native Americans which introduced tobacco to Europe and the rest of the world. Was this their possibly unintended "slow" revenge on "whites" for all of their transgressions upon them? So many questions and, sometimes, even more answers. Best regards, RA1
  14. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Damn, what happened to biodegradable/edible sportswear? Best regards, RA1
  15. RE; The Title. Is there anything else? A little dated but not very tedious. Excellent. Thanks. Best regards, RA1
  16. I knew it was right around the corner and, here it is. Congrats. Best regards, RA1
  17. 10 cent bar story. Another version has the barkeep answering the question of how he can serve so cheaply with, I am just an employee but the boss is upstairs doing the same thing to my wife that I am doing to him down at the bar. Best regards, RA1
  18. No one told me not to drink it so my other choices were try it, observe someone else try it or read about trying it. Best regards, RA1
  19. Well, I know I have read GDP and a few others which has made me think twice about sipping hemlock. Best regards, RA1
  20. Are you sure it isn't just, no one likes a tattletale? Best regards, RA1
  21. This isn't a condescension list, is it? (Not by you.) Best regards, RA1
  22. Amazing. Best regards, RA1
  23. TOZ- Whatever works for you, works for me. Best regards, RA1
  24. EXPAT and Charlie PSP- You hit it on the head. The "real" reason to fly, either passenger or pilot, is to get away from it all. The plane I mostly fly does not have cell phone or internet service on it and, in fact, generally our pax don't even want a newspaper on board. It is a moment of brief respite from the rude world and a chance for all of us to really relax for a little while. The pax can go into a Zen trance for all I know or care while I concentrate on delivering them safely to their intended destination. I have no worries about house upkeep, car repair, assorted bills or even relationship problems while airborne. It takes skill and concentration to be safe and that is my intention and goal. It is wonderful for removing the cares of everyday life. Best regards, RA1
  25. One reason it is so expensive is basically the same reason it took so long to become available and that is so many different agencies have control of various aspects of international travel and communication. An airline cannot just decide to fly between two airports. IATA, the state department, the FAA and several others are involved with the US part of such. For communication there is ARINC, the satellite owner, various government agencies, etc. SATCOM became available for the airlines to transmit position reports over the vast Pacific many years ago but for at least a year or two, they still had to officially use the HF for clearances. HF is potentially very unreliable and the Pacific traffic really tied up the frequencies. During this interval the airliner would get his clearance over SATCOM and the "verify" it over HF. Silly, but true. The bottom line is the technology for pax internet service has existed for years but all the politics kept it from happening. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.