Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

RA1

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RA1

  1. I do not disagree with your comment about broken treaties and abuse but I prefer to think that sports teams are honoring Native Americans rather than insulting them. Respect is an individual prospect and must be earned. Those who do not give respect to those who have earned it need to be scorned, at least. Best regards, RA1
  2. RA1 replied to AdamSmith's topic in The Beer Bar
    As anyone might imagine, I love engines or most anything with moving parts (that includes some of my favorite escorts). The steam engine captured my attention as a small boy and I even had a working model that used electricity to heat the water but the steam made the "wheel" go around. Obviously, the biggest drawback to the steam engine is the enormous amounts of water it uses. The fuel use is pretty economical. Bill Lear experimented with a replacement product that he called Learium which basically was a liquid product that could be used, condensed and then used again in a never ending cycle. Sorry to say they never overcame the technical problems. As a side note, a classmate of mine's father was one of the test recipients of the 1967 Plymouth that had a turbine engine. I was not old enough to drive when he showed it to anyone with interest at our school but I do remember hearing it run (fairly quiet in the grand scheme of things) but it could hardly get out of sight without needing more fuel, like all turbines today (so far). Best regards, RA1
  3. I suppose DC has to try to be MORE PC than anywhere else but really why does the Patent Office think they know anything about Native Americans? Will the Atlanta Braves, Cleveland Indians and others similar be next? Does this mean we can no longer pay our Native American escorts with wampum? BTW, where are our NA escorts? Where is PETA on such as the Wolverines, Bears, Lions, Tigers, ad nauseam? Will our sports teams soon be called Sunflowers, Crab Grass, Mighty Oaks, Willows, etc.? Our saps are better than your saps. The whole thing is silly. However, in answer to such as the NCAA, such as the Florida State Seminoles can keep their name courtesy of a local tribe. Think about how silly that is. What does the NCAA know about patents and copy rights? About the same as both the Patent Office and the NCAA know about Native Americans. Best regards, RA1
  4. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Does this mean you don't care what their motives might be so long as they "do it"? Telling me you love me doesn't make it so. Best regards, RA1
  5. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I am sure that Allstate has its good and bad points just like most companies but I cannot forget some good friends of mine whose family had Allstate home, car and no telling what else in a bundle and when the boys turned 16, Allstate cancelled all. Not nice. Best regards, RA1
  6. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Wasn't everyone? Best regards, RA1
  7. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Thanks for posting this. Interesting, if somewhat stereotypical. Best regards, RA1
  8. I try to avoid fast food but when traveling, sometimes it is unavoidable. On that list the 3 that I went to in the last several years include Subway, Wendy's and KFC for their grilled chicken. Subway has some relatively decent for you choices and I have found their employees pleasant. Wendy's employees are average and KFC's are below average (in my limited experience). Interesting list and observations. Best regards, RA1
  9. This will really show my age but how many folks have ever sat in a burger booth making sentences from the song titles on the juke box selection menu? Sometimes it took a little imagination to join them but usually very little. Down in the Allley, Dream Lover, Endlessly, Fool Such as I. Etc. Best regards, RA1
  10. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Is that Chicago? Best regards, RA1
  11. I don't suppose you would consider watching Sam Bradford as part of your viewing enjoyment? Best regards, RA1
  12. Is science for science's sake good, bad or indifferent? Must there be a moral imperative for every effort by mankind, i.e., is it "good" for all? Everyone should have their own answer to this question, shouldn't they? Best regards, RA1
  13. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I thought it was snips and snails and puppy dog tails and/or sugar and spice and everything nice? Best regards, RA1
  14. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I wonder how long science has known about pheromones? I know they work on me, especially when worn by an attractive young man in close proximity. Best regards, RA1
  15. Great and good on you. Best regards, RA1
  16. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    I went to Brunei many years ago on business. It was certainly an interesting place. I was there to finalize the purchase of two King Airs and bring them back to the US. Royal Dutch Shell had decided or the Sultan had decided to switch from fixed wing to rotary wing transport for Shell's management/workers. Rotary wing means helicopters. Flew from MEM to SFO, met my other pilot and we departed on a Pan Am 747SP to Hong Kong. Spent the night and flew on a British Caledonia 707 to Bandar Seri Begawon where we were met with what appeared to be a Gurkha at ;least he was in uniform and drove a WWII style jeep. He drove us a hotel near the airport and office of the aviation branch of Shell. Beautiful grass strip. Plenty long and so well manicured I think you could have played croquet or whatever on it. Spent 4 days waiting on the money to be wired in, hire a shipping company to build a large container for all the spare parts that were part of the deal and getting to know San Miguel beer. Some say an aficionado can tell whether it is made in Manila or Hong Kong by the taste. I was hot and it was cold so all was well. However, it was strange to see the sign on the hotel bar that said NO Muslims allowed to enter. During the wait time, we changed the registration from Brunei to US. One day I was exiting a building in the complex and a Chinese looking gentleman approached and asked my name. He then said he was from the FAA in Guam and here was my permit to fly on US registry. I have no idea how he got there or what he did next. I never saw him again. However, because we could not easily get tanking or the overweight permits needed, I decided to go west back home even though it was farther. That turned into an eleven day adventure I will not bore you with. Best regards, RA1 Sorry, no gay adventures on this trip.
  17. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    If I were to have a wedding, my plans would not include singing and dancing all night. Best regards, RA1
  18. There was far more to the Asiana crash than that. No one noticed that the auto throttles were not engaged. One pilot did notice the slowing airspeed but too late. There were 3 qualified pilots in the cockpit watching or participating in the approach. There was a "culture" problem in that many other than US (and some US) pilots have a strict adherence to authority. The captain is the captain, etc. I think what you have in mind is that this airline trained their pilots to rely too much on electronic approach aids. The runway used by this Asiana flight had the ILS inop for maintenance. The weather was good, the crew had the airport in sight and, as is very normal, they were cleared for the visual approach. Even so, they were used to relying upon electronic guidance to the runway but it was not available that day. Still, it was a simple procedure except they were concentrating on doing the visual without aid and did not notice the auto throttles not engaged. The plane got slower and slower until it was unable to fly any longer and hit the sea wall short of the runway and then continued onto the runway. Unfortunately there was loss of life. The pilots weren't rusty, they were insufficiently trained. Best regards, RA1
  19. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    There are no approved commercial drones yet. There is a test program between a film group in Hollywood and the FAA + one operator in VA has partial approval. The problem is the FAA needs to formulate the rules, go through the approval process for new rule making and then make them the law of the land. And, they need to hurry up and do it. Best regards, RA1
  20. Why was your grandmother not married at age 14 or 15? That was a common way to get away from "family" obligations and out on your own, sort of. My grandmother married at age 14 which made her first born more little a younger sister rather than child, especially as other children came along. I think an English biscuit is more like what we call crackers. How about a scone, 14 or fewer? Best regards, RA1
  21. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    lookin- Thanks for baring your soul and also for providing a picture of otherwise. baring. I enjoy being on this site and miss having you be a regular poster. Best regards, RA1
  22. I feel that the US "farmer" style of eating is the best for everyone, adjusted for the various active lifestyles or lack thereof. In other words, a good breakfast, decent lunch and very small supper. Anyone, including me, could lose or maintain weight on such a diet, with the proper portions and calorie intake. It minimizes hunger and maximizes energy. Both good. However, not easy to follow. Best regards, RA1
  23. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    And, all this time I thought I was into major league baseball and it was cricket. Best regards, RA1
  24. RA1 replied to a post in a topic in The Beer Bar
    Here the various maiden aunts are discussing how to rear children when they have never had any of their own. Best regards, RA1
  25. I have tried fasting for up to two weeks. It is easy enough if one wishes to do so. However, one must eat to survive and that often leads to indulgence or over-indulgence at the end of a fast. I view this as a psychological dilemma. Easy enough to forego food during the fast but difficult to maintain a reasonable calorie count meal continuum after that or so I think. Best regards, RA1

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.