Everything posted by msclelovr
-
Villa Gianni in London, UK
Sorry to read that you had such a disappointing time, PF. I wonder how it might have turned out if you'd been open with the manager/door-guy. My approach with any guy I'm interested in is to be explicit, whether chatting online or in person. I say "I enjoy deep kissing with tongue and I like to be sucked off, no condom, to completion. Are you a good match for me?" When the guy and I are alone together, I always remind him again of what I enjoy. I suspect that if you had done this at VG and the guy's response had been negative, if you'd left the room and asked the manager, he would have found you a more suitable guy.
-
Will the Olympics be a Black Eye for Brazil or a Success?
I was aware of the problems in Brazil (high unemployment, income inequality etc) but I didn't realise that robbery had become so brazen in daylight in a decent area. Thanks for posting this.
-
Buenos Aires: Disappointing!
So true, EZEtoGRU. I had a full-on relatiionship for a year with a blond Argentine muscleboy 10 years ago. He could be difficult and demanding, but he gave me considerable insight into Argentine culture. Once we went on holiday to Rio de Janeiro together and in advance he warned me that, as a fit older European, I would be hit on by local guys while he, despite being blond and beautiful (and 20 years younger), would be ignored. I didn't believe him but it turned out to be true. One day, on the beach at Ipanema, I remarked to him on how readily Brazilian guys approached me. He said "it's like this. In Brazil it's easy. You see a cute guy you want and you chat a little; he says I like you, let's go to bed and have fun. In Buenos Aires, you see a cute guy in a club or bar. You smile, buy him drinks and chat all evening. At the end you say Shall we go back to your place or will you come to mine? He takes offence, says I don't do that, and goes back to the friends he came in with" I used to spend a month at a time in Buenos Aires and I've made many trips there. I stopped going after 2012 when I witnessed violent crime twice in the daytime in the best parts of the city. FWIW in 2005-2012 I've picked up very attractive men at the gym several times (Megatlon in Alto Palermo has the preppy, handsome muscleboys I like), I once picked up a guy I passed on the street and he turned out to be an actor who was a local heart-throb, and I've met guys in wine-stores, online, in a travel agency etc. In general, I'd say you have to do three things: 1. speak Spanish 2. be prepared to pick up dinner bills and romance them 3. dress well in a formal way Argentines tend to like rich foreigners but they can be very clique-y and are rather snobbish. Regarding your question, the apartments where you may meet working guys change often. They do advertise in the gay magazine which IIRC is published monthly under the title 'Imperio'. I suggest you go to the kiosk by Callao/Santa Fe (it used to display gay porn DVDs as well as the usual papers etc) and ask for the "revista gay". Otherwise there are a couple of gay saunas and gay cinemas for sex on the premises.
-
Lagoa/rio con't
This reminded me of the old English proverb: " Better an old man's Darling than a young man's Slave"
-
Trip to Rio and Porto Alegre
Excellent and entertaining report, Pauleiro. Thanks for taking the time to post it.
-
My 1st visit to Rio
I, for one, hope you find the time to provide a detailed report. I suspect there's little better than finding "a hot college boy on the beach" in Brazil.
-
So cute boys in Prague !
In Barcelona I've met some very nice guys through GayRomeo. Which social media do you find most useful?
-
The Main Reason I LOVE Rio....They come no better....
I need to correct my earlier comment above. I've met the model (Mario) through the Argentine photographer. It turns out that the model is actually Brazilian, and he mainly earns his living as a dancer but he is also doing some acting. He lives in Rio de Janeiro.
-
Buenos Aires. How Much For Escorts?
Most places are in Recoleta and Barrio Norte
-
Buenos Aires. How Much For Escorts?
I speak Spanish and have visited Argentina many times for an average stay of a month. FWIW here's my advice 1. Buy the local gay monthly magazines available at any kiosk. Each has listings of escorts and houses. 2. If you hire an individual, make sure you emphasise the need to be on time. Argentinas are chronically late. 3. If you go to a house, they will offer you a drink and let you see the available guys. If you do NOT hire, it is customary to leave a small payment for the house: I suggest 100 Pesos (=$6) 4. Since you mentioned them, taxi-boys do hang out on Santa Fe at the 2 classic intersections but usually only after midnight. 5. If you hire a street guy, be sure to take them to a 'telo' (hotel by the hour, again listed in the gay magazines) and NOT to your own hotel room. Be extremely careful. There is a lot of crime and poverty, and Argentines do report getting robbed at knifepoint by street guys. The police are not interested. 6. Be very specific about what you want and agree the price. Be aware that local prices are in Pesos but displayed as $ - Dollar prices are displayed as either USD or U$S. As a foreigner, you will pay more than a local. The rates quoted by Axiom are correct. 7. If however you are thinking of a well muscled young man with model good looks, be aware that his rate will be 200-300 Dollars or 200 Euros but you may be able to negotiate a much longer encounter than usual. If he is not a regular working guy, you will have to be discreet and suggest dinner or drinks first. Again FWIW I was approached several times when at the gym and had fun with some very nice guys. 8. Ihpguy is correct that you must take Dollars and Euros with you. Any good hotel will have a reliable money-changing place to send you to, and these places want large notes. The black market rate is known as the 'blue' rate. If you go to a bank, they will only give you the much worse official exchange rate..
-
The Main Reason I LOVE Rio....They come no better....
He's an Argentine male model, based in Buenos Aires. I'm not aware that he is available. I have known some Argentine and Brazilian male models and all of them prized discretion.
-
Prepago prices in Colombia
Thank you for the info!
-
Good Overview of Brazil's economic woes
I found today's (September 11) article in the New York Times intriguing in how it details the economic woes of Brazil and the political mis-steps. I had no idea the Brazilian national development bank had loaned out more money than the World Bank. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/11/world/americas/brazils-economic-crisis-intensifies-raising-pressure-on-president.html?ref=world&_r=0
-
Prepago prices in Colombia
I agree about good hotels, Firecat69. May I ask which hotels you would recommend in Colombia?
-
Will America take any Refugees?
I've no wish to dispute what TotallyOz says, but my understanding is that the Syrians etc who live in Arab countries, such as Saudi Arabia and the Gulf states, are not permitted to work. Of those without resources, Saudi Arabia this year has accepted 33 refugees.
-
Villa Gianni in London, UK
May I correct a misconception. £150 may be an "asking price" but I have found many attractive young men (from Gayromeo and other sites as well as Craigslist) who are happy to work for less. In my experience, in London the prevailing rate of pay is £80-120 or $120-180
-
New Gay Hotel in Medellin
Would you say that the key to having no problems with bringing guests to your room is ensuring that they are well-dressed and presentable in public? Or is there some racial dimension with lighter-skinned guests being accepted while darker-skinned guests are challenged?
-
Seeking dad
Welcome to the website and the forums. Congratulations on posting a charming advert. Guys tell me I'm a generous and handsome daddy, but I'm a very active man and I do like an enthusiastic and energetic young man who is eager to please. I don't know if we would be compatible. Others here too, I'm sure, would like to know more about you - age, height, physique, location, interests etc - and perhaps you can put some photos on your profile.
-
This is how bad Brazil's economy is!
FWIW there's a long article on Brazil and its economy in today's (Friday) Wall Street Journal
-
New Gay Hotel in Medellin
Maybe the moderators can combine this and the other thread you started, and show the correct location in the headline. I wonder if the experienced travellers to Colombia can comment on whether the young men they encounter online would be relaxed/happy to call in and be seen at an openly gay hotel
-
Brazil Domestic Carriers
"GOL consistently has hotter guys working as flight attendants if that's a factor in your decision making! " i Isn't it a factor in everyone's decision-making, and not just for air travel?
-
Sexy Rugby Star Comes OUT
I'm glad he's come out. He's had a lot of good support in the UK media. I think it's still very difficult for professional sportsmen to come out if they are active in a very macho sport. As regards Callipygian's question, I don't think his coming out at age 27 is so unusual. He plays for a team in a small town in northern England, was married until very recently and has fathered 2 children. In one interview, he commented that he felt his gay feelings were just a phase, and he wasn't even aware of any gay people in his town!
-
Great Database of Beautiful Boys
My guess is San Diego
-
Nostalgic for Salvador da Bahia
No, your laundry and bathroom facilities never come up in my mind.
-
WEHT Suckrates?
My Lord, Epigonos, you had the patience to teach school-kids for 35+ years! No wonder you ensure you have a good time with nice muscled young men nowadays ;-)