Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JKane

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JKane

  1. Yeah, I've heard of several "pig butchering" (basically confidence game) things where the person scamming is in a horrible situation like this.
  2. As Bill Maher said (back when he was funny), you don't pay them to come, you pay them to leave! I'm happy to pay to fuck who and when I want, but sometimes also find a guy to fuck for free (helps that I mostly "shop" on Grindr). I'd say it's generally a good idea to be specific about which is which. Some of the worst encounters are vague about that and then want cash after a mediocre session.
  3. You're welcome! And I do get that, I mean my good experiences were between free and asked MN$1000. I wish I'd discovered the last guy sooner! He was worth US$121 to me at least. Keep in mind the very first guy I was in touch with (hot sub twink exactly my type) got turned down for demanding MN$4000, so I wasn't completely on tilt. But I also didn't want to spend most of my time window shopping. I'm horniest in the mornings usually when there isn't a lot of choices. The lack of A/C helped with that, if I was in a cozy bed in a nice cool room I wouldn't have gone out and done as much. And if I'd been less tired in the evenings maybe I'd have done more with guys. But I wasn't just there to fuck. I think I struck a good balance.
  4. Thanks for all the replies! Please keep in mind that CDMX isn't rural or smalltown Mexico, and there may well be a built-in gringo tax especially for guys with no Spanish. Yes, the mediocre guy for $3500 was a rip off and I could've hard-balled (or done some actual negotiation before hand) but it's the only regrettable encounter and not because the $212 it cost, just because it was aggressively mediocre. I personally thought $2000 was reasonable w/ $4000 being acceptable for a guy who was really what I was looking for, but that's me. It was a really good deal and a really easy one (US$900 5 nights including round-trip non-stop flight!) through AA's website. I would've expected them to be slightly more discerning in their recommendations but I was also aware I always had the option to just go anywhere else--I'd have still come out ahead with the flight cost. Classier places seemed around MN$2000 a night. And I would've tried upgrading if the extension had worked out like I wanted, but I'm also glad to have a day home before I go back to work. It did have some positives. Guests were no problem (big worry of mine about a name-brand hotel). The beer was decent. It was very close to a Metro stop (if I'd been brave enough to use it) and not a bad walk to Zona Rosa and Roma Norte. And there was an Oxxo on the corner! 😜 Ok, not a lot of positives. 😄 I needed to pull the trigger or I never would, the perfect being the enemy of the good. Or the barely adequate in this case but at least I did it! No, $240 is not a typical rate in any US big city these days--especially if hiring from an escort website. I sometimes get away with $200 in LA on Grindr (non-"pro's") but am often asked for much more. And again, CDMX is a big, cosmopolitan city. I'm sure you can find a wide range of classes and prices of guys including well above what I spent--and those would be of value to some, to each their own.
  5. Had him over again early this morning, just as much fun, he was happy to take my remaining $1620 pesos. Told him he's worth more, asked if he might be trying to come to the US, he said his passport was stolen in Mexico. Damn. Got cleaned up and dressed and Uber'd back to that cafe the first guy had taken me to, was just as good the second time. Figured I make more of my last hours in the city and walked back towards the hotel, via the Angel of Independence which I only saw from the crappy Touribus. Overall a nice walk back. Writing this to pass the time before I head to the airport. Will probably leave way too early, but with vagrancies of Uber, CDMX traffic, and non-PreCheck security (yes I know I should get Global Entry, no, I can't bring myself to schlep to LAX just for it). Couple more general observations (for what they're worth) about CDMX. Safety. Filter this through me being very tall and apparently occasionally intimidating looking, but I never once felt unsafe. I didn't walk anywhere dicey (other than my actual hotel neighborhood...) and I Uber'd after dark. There are police EVERYWHERE and where there aren't police there's private security, but I at least never saw anything going on that made me think thank god they're there. Maybe half of them are a public works project plus maybe the thought that when there's always a group there may be less corruption. All were city based, didn't see any of the notorious Federales. Did see some casually wearing semi-automatic rifles outside a couple places (mostly malls). The cops (and most others on the street) are unlikely to be fluent in English if you need directions or something so probably figure it out for yourself through the magic of Google (maps). Though Google Translate is a great backup when needed. And Google Lens if you need to translate a sign or something. Cleanliness. For the largest city in North America it is a remarkably clean city. Probably to do with a public-works project of thousands of people in bright green jumpsuits sweeping (semi-effectively) with hand-made stick brooms. Dog (or other... looking at you San Francisco) waste and even cigarette butts were rare. However... I did often get a strong whiff of sewer smells, especially nauseating when paired with street food cooking! The city has epic plumbing/sewer issues and needs a complete re-pipe, probably will run into hundreds of billions of dollars and we'll see if it ever gets done. Still, in general felt cleaner than NY and New Orleans (both of which feel to me like there's some backroom corruption as the only reasonable explanation things are that bad there). It's not a large smoking city, though I did walk through 4:20 gatherings twice. The public bathrooms (WC) apparently require 10p coins to use, may not have TP, and may be awful. But a tourist will have plenty of clean and stocked bathrooms available to them at all the places they pay for things, so wasn't a problem. Still, good idea to keep a couple of the 10p coins on you just in case. Transportation. For the love of god I wouldn't rent a car (or city-bike) here. At times (especially traffic circles) it felt just like videos I've seen of places like India. I stopped counting near-misses in the Ubers. Public transit seems plentiful and efficient but also very crowded. If I had even High School Spanish I may've tried it, especially the subway which seemed to go through most of the places I went. Hiring options: While I did see several female and trans prostitutes on the street (mostly near my hotel...) I didn't see any obvious working guys. As I've documented Grindr is usable for working guys and erotic massages. Not sure there were any obvious keywords, dispondible is "available" for what it's worth, and CL or C/L means they can host. But then again, maybe you'll also have luck like I did and find a hot young guy looking for a "maduro". Otherwise there are plenty of listings on escort websites, including the Latin-American specialized one I mentioned early-on. With more effort beforehand on Grindr or that escort site I may've found a bi-lingual tour guide (plus...) but didn't end up needing it. May've made promising eye contact if I'd hung out more in the Zona Rosa (Pink Zone). Speaking of, it seemed a surprisingly gay-friendly city to me. Plenty of same-sex hand holding, areas with Pride flags (think their pride is RSN), and a sizable gayborhood. Very Catholic and yet, very Gay!
  6. Wrote up my report here:
  7. Airline sent a message that the flight was delayed several hours and encouraged rebooking. I spent some time looking up alternative hotels and just when I went (thankfully before pulling the trigger on the hotel) back to the airline's site to extend 2 days that day's nonstop flight was gone! But one day out was still open so I did that and then extended the stay at this wonderful "hotel" one day for $900 Pesos. Proceeded to do several things that had been mentioned the day before, starting with the walk up to Chapultepec Castle. It was great, I should've taken up the offer of an English tour guide but I still quite enjoyed walking all through it myself. Basically a museum of the time of the Spaniards through an incident in one of the wars with America that's pretty touching. Walked around some more, found a decent lunch (Chilaquiles again), went back to relax at the fancy cigar place, eventually headed to the landmark old restaurant in the historical core (near the Zocalo) and then to a awesome bar overlooking that plaza. 5 drinks between those 3 places! Headed back to hotel which finally had the extras opened again, went to the "speakeasy" in the lobby had a couple beers. Went back to room ready to retire but there was this hot 19 year old twink Venezuelan. We chatted back and forth a little. He asked for $1000. Yes $1000 pesos. Seemed too good to be true but fuck it. He showed up, I met him in the lobby, damn he's cute. Back in my room he asks for the $1000 up front but my little head hasn't taken over so I steadfastly refuse and we have fun. Damn he has a tight little body. Used condom, came, gave him $2000 and explained the reasons why up front is bad. I think we're both sad I only found him on the last day! Holy fuck it's late. I need to sleep now if I want to do anything before heading to the airport tomorrow. (Probably not sexual but... you never know... and the guy from the first day keeps contacting me!) Couple other general observations, haven't really felt the altitude (that I've noticed) once, and the temperature being mid-80's plus hasn't bothered me much either! I'm sure I wouldn't want to be in my non-A/C "hotel" during the day but that hasn't been a problem. Haven't been pouring sweat event wandering the Pyramids for hours in the beating sun. Not sure why, think I'd have felt it a lot more if I'd been in Vegas high-80's and outdoors! (Though everything in Vegas has A/C going full blast...) And the weather had been threatening thunderstorms most of the days I've been here. I heard thunder on two occasions and felt sprinkles once--briefly. Finally heard a real downpour just now tonight but didn't matter since I was busy writing this novella.
  8. Did a tour through a website I'd highly recommend called Viator of Teotihuacan and several other sites. This was great, though as I mentioned I may've appreciated a couple things at the museum more if I'd done that after instead of before. Talked to the others on the tour about things they'd done and recommended but was bummed I was leaving the next day so wouldn't get to do. I'd been meaning to get to the Gayborhood (Zona Rosa) so finally made the time after the tour. Started with a churro chain they'd recommended and then... went to a sex club/bar named Dallas Club. Odd place, a lot like a gay spa, lockers, dark room, etc. Bar but no smoking. Kinda struck out there (my schtick doesn't always work...) but saw somebody nearby on Grindr who was interested in meeting. Went over to the nearby Starbucks to meet him and we agreed to go back to my place so I summoned an Uber. UBER in Mexico City kinda sucks in so many ways. "Pay more for faster pickup" (pickup time goes up and then takes even longer than that). "Pay more for comfort/Black to be more comfortable"... driver doesn't have A/C on even in nearly 90 degree weather... This driver seemed to be playing the wait for me to cancel game despite being 5 minutes away (and not getting closer) so I messaged to ask why he wasn't progressing (after translating through Google) and he miraculously started moving and picked us up right after. Was this the guy watching a soccer game on a second phone between his legs? Not sure (reported that one). It sucks but... it's probably a lot better than the run-down pink and white Taxi alternative. The encounter was mediocre and the guy mentioned needing money after and was also insulted by the offer of $2000. Pretty ballsy considering he'd never brought it up before. Gave him $3500 (he wanted $4000) and Uber'd him back. Meh. But we did both cum.
  9. Didn't find anything promising on Grindr and wasn't going to waste more of the morning. Dragged my ass out in search of breakfast at a cafe nearby, think it was on Av. Insurgentes, which turned out to be fitting. Halfway through (excellent though very soup-like Chilaquiles--seems to be the City's dish) started to hear a lot of yelling. Called and Uber to go on about my day and came out to find the street blocked off because protesters were marching across it (Insurgents!). Walked up a couple blocks, got my Uber, headed to the famous Museo Nacional de Antropología (Anthropology Museum if you have even less Spanish than me). When I arrived it was closed because of electrical issues but I got to see some cool stuff on the grounds and it opened about an hour later. It was damn good. The first room of general Anthropology is what you see everywhere (and probably saw on a field trip as a kid) but the others. The history of the original inhabitants then the Aztecs and the artifacts. Worth it! Though all things being equal I'd have rather swapped it with the next day's trip. I think I went out to a beer place that didn't really serve food, then went to the cigar place in Roma Norte. While I was there I noticed a guy nearby offering massage and was pretty up for one after walking all day in the museum. Went over. Decent massage, decent head and hand job. $1500 (gave him $2000). Went back to cigar place.
  10. Woke up pretty early, Boy was up to so I Uber'd him over. Still had no idea on guest policy (place is specifically in a bad neighborhood so front door is always locked, doorbell to get in--and they keep guest's keys when they go out for some reason...) but figured what the hell, worst case they'd say no and I'd leave and take him to breakfast. He made it through just fine and we had more fun. Again, never any mention of payment but I'd offered to take him to breakfast. He picked a place and ordered an Uber on my phone. It was excellent. He ordered some pastries we shared, he thought I was struggling with the menu (was just trying to decide and one or two words were unfamiliar) so he asked for one in English, it's food, almost nothing was translated, I showed him, we laughed, I ordered the Croque Madame. He also ordered something for himself to go without mentioning it, but I really didn't care. He needed to get to work, I offered to Uber him, he had already ordered himself one on his phone. Thought we chatted several more times I didn't meet up with him again, regardless of how much he said he wanted my cock. ;oP I dunno, I'm a whore and not looking for love, though I did consider another meeting with him once or twice. I headed to the Museum of Chocolate and showed my friends I was getting even more culture. It was pretty cool, not huge, but the cafe afterwards... the chocolate tamale I don't need again but the drinking chocolate with chilies was amazing. I think this was when I finally managed to find the hop-on hop-off busses. They had bad reviews online but I usually do them in a new city to get a lay of the land. Yep, pretty crappy and also much of what I'd already discovered on the first day's walk! Damn it. Hopped off and wandered the Zocalo area again (from the first night). Then I went to another cigar bar, this one was pretty great too, was above a food hall in Roma Norte area. Didn't quite process I should've had dinner there and went back to hotel and to bed after.
  11. Got up and found out the beer garden/restaurant/etc. were all closed until next Friday. The photos of pastries and coffee all over their pages were a fucking lie. So one promising contact on Grindr was a hot young guy, 19 or so. He'd seemed really into an older (and maybe white) top with a thick cock (I'm lucky that way), no mention of payment. He'd mentioned coming to my place but since I was unsure of the guest policy and he'd also mentioned that he could host I figured I'd do that... so I Uber'd to his neighborhood (FUCK TRAFFIC IN CDMX IS A BITCH, THINK YOUTUBE VIDEOS OF INDIA) and he said we had to be *very discrete*... yeah, because his grandfather was home. Also, in person he spoke no English (but had done really well with a translate app so I wasn't sure, but had an inkling it was the case). So I snuck in and back to his bedroom. And it was pretty damn fun. Fucked him good (raw, I am on PreP and PEP) and we both had fun. Then I back out, NOT hitting my head on the stairwell this time, as he stood in his grandfather's doorway and talked to him... So I happened to notice on the maps that there was a Costco literally steps away from his neighborhood across a bridge. I'd joked with friends that I wanted to see what Mexican Costco was like though they were aghast I'd travel to do such a thing, which is partially why I did it. Also I hadn't yet eaten at all so... yep... first meal was a COSTCO HOT DOG. For anybody interested it was generally similar, more security. Electronics/etc. had tags in English, most food items didn't. But the food court, the hotdog seemed slightly better and best of all they had the Onions plus THEY HAD JALEPENOS in hand-crank dispensers. It really kicked up the hotdog! May'be been the best I've had. $30 btw w/drink. I think next I Uber'd to at a fancy cigar club ("private" but they didn't give me any hassle) to relax with a cigar and whiskey. Afterwards I wandered the gorgeous neighborhood it was in, ending up near (Frank Gehry designed?) Museo Soumaya (behind which I noticed... ANOTHER COSTCO, but sadly wasn't hungry yet). Wandered around, should've gone to that museum but didn't know it was free at the time or that it was art that interested me. Eventually I found a fancy local steakhouse and had roasted pig stuffed with bacon and way too much more, plus a couple drinks, great first actual Mexican dining experience! It's hazy (you'll know why in a moment) but I think I Ubered back to the hotel then later walked to the Museum of Tequila and Mezcal in Garibaldi square. Museum was fine, showed all my friends I WAS getting culture this trip. It kinda could've been a 10-minute Youtube video though. But I went to the attached cantina after and had several good drinks. Also explored Garibaldi square which is famous for mariachis. Yep, plenty of mariachis... standing around, leaning on things. It was a slow/overcast day and it turns out there's no live music that somebody hasn't commissioned--and I wasn't gonna do it. Still, fun. Uber'd back. Some more Grindr, mostly with this morning's boy, he wanted to see me again but I had Whiskey (more accurately Tequila) Dick by now and suggested he come to me in the morning.
  12. Writing this in the afterglow from a fun visit, we'll get to that... TL;DR: Sexual escapades in bold, the rest is my rambling description of the trip and general observations hopefully of use to other newbies. So, speaking no Spanish I decided to pull the trigger on a trip to CDMX. Was a great deal through AA vacations or whatever they call their in-house travel agency, 5 nights with round-trip from LAX for $900. I almost went to Colombia instead but the US State Department website and my being a newbie I was to international travel (had been to/hired in Montreal and all over the US but doesn't quite count) I figured this would be my "testing the waters". I have hired more than one guy in LA who spoke only Spanish so I knew how to get by with the magic of Google Translate. I didn't quite expect to need it so much! Call me a naïve (or worse) American but I figured the Capitol city of the US's greatest trading partner... plus the fact 90% of the music I heard in-country was English pop plus a fair amount of printed advertising... But maybe a lot of English fluent Mexicans go to super touristy places like Cabo/etc.? Flew in on a US carrier (only 3-hours and change from LAX and wasn't even at the International terminal), was through e-customs in moments and since I only did carry-on I headed for the Taxi stands. Uber is great big in CDMX but I heard something about them not being able to pick up at the airport, so I went to a Taxi kiosk near the exit, they quoted me 800 cash. I thought it was a bit high but said I needed an ATM and the driver walked me to a bank's ATM terminal and then to his massive taxi (think it was a Suburban). I looked on Uber and saw it was high but not outrageously so, similar to Black/XL IIRC. Got to my hotel, turns out it's RUSTIC AS FUCK. No elevator, no A/C. Only ventilation was the screen-less windows... Also, NOTE WELL: ENGLISH IN THE NAME AND PROMOTIONAL MATERIALALS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN ASSUME THEY'LL SPEAK IT AT THE ESTABLISHMENT. Sign-in form entirely in Spanish, guess my first born is screwed. Also had no idea about guest policy... One of the features was a rooftop beer garden so I promptly went up. Wandered into the bar where a woman spoke fluent English but that was the last I saw her. My waiter didn't and the concept of a beer list is completely foreign. They'll sooner bring all they have to the table. Picked one, struck up a conversation with a friendly guy at neighboring table and I assume his much younger fuckboy (the hotel being bright pink may've had a little extra significance). He recommended a few places and pointed out an important landmark or two from the roof. I wanted to go exploring before it got dark so was on my way. Walked over the Monument of the Revolution. Kinda cool but the actual history--it was supposed to be the dome of the legislature that never got built I think? There's a ridiculous amount of talk of the revolution here, that and wars they lost are celebrated/commemorated every street. Feels like the actual powers-that-be have an interest in the people thinking their regular demonstrations have some effect... Also it's election season, at a glance seems like several women running and one has a LOT of money for ads, won't be surprised to start hearing her name instead of Labrador. ;o) (My Spanish SUCKS.) Then I walked across town to the historic center and wandered around. Found a nice big pedestrian street, it had many of the brands you see in every city, not as bad as Vegas/etc, at least it wasn't ALL Prada/etc. Huge public square, wandered back to "Hotel" getting kinda tired and hungry. Arrived right as the rooftop beer garden was closing. Wasn't hungry enough to go back out, bought a couple beers in the lobby and finished the night in my room, looking at Grindr of course. I'd also looked at https://mx.mileroticos.com/escorts-gay/ and seen some promising ads... and a lot of repeats, never actually went through with a contact there since Grindr mostly works for me. It was plan B though. I had looked remotely and found somebody interesting but I guess he was insulted when I offered $2000. (Yes, it's confusing as fuck they use the dollar sign for Pesos.) He'd said $4000 would work but I was tired and getting a fair amount of other interest so after a bit more chatting I called it a night. End of day one. Sorry it's a bit boring.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.