Everything posted by MsGuy
-
April 22 is Earth Day
Ms. has an adopt-a-highway program too. Our highway department puts up roadside signs giving credit to the organizations that volunteer to pick up trash. Is there a sign saying "this section of highway xxx has been adopted by lookin" ? If the Kiwanis Club gets one, I think lookin should too! If not, maybe hito and I should post an online petition to the Cali DOT and get our boy some recognition.
-
A Glass of Wine Please
You didn't specify how much you were drinking before nor whether drinking was becoming problematic for you. I suspect your answers to those questions would serve to illuminate the question of whether a few glasses of wine would be advisable.
-
April 22 is Earth Day
I did Spring cleaning last night and this morning. Mopped floors, vacumed carpet, picked up, put away, dusted and polished and generally did all those household chores I've be meaning to get around to for months. Does that count?
-
This Week (made in Brazil)
Oz, until the 90's, dark skinned folks never appeared in Brazilian telenovas (except a few incidental roles as maids and yardboys). Does that answer your question?
-
Secret Service Prostitution Scandal
Or the tight new shoes, Hito. You want to look your best for the hunks in black.
-
Secret Service Prostitution Scandal
I am one of those doubting this is a one off event. No way 20 odd SS and MP types all spontaneously decided that humping ladies of easy virtue would be just the way to kill a little down time in Bogata unless precedents had already been set.
-
Odd & A Bit Homoerotic Russian Commercial
Just a Russian version of Faggots Are Funny.
-
What Brand Cell Phone & Tablet Do You Own?
According to the April 7th issue of the Economist (p.73,74), HTC, the Taiwan based manufacturer, is in the process of introducing an interesting new line of high end products with innovative features. Might be worth looking into.
-
I Have Thirty Three Million In My Checking Account!!!
LOL, did the bastards at least offer you a Mr. Coffee or a toaster for your trouble? I bet not.
-
Remember when???
2) LOL, I remember when we had a long metal pole attached to the side of the house with an antenna array on top that would have done justice to a space satellite. When reception was bad one of us had to go outside and twist it around while Mom yelled out the window, "A little more, more...stop! now back a little."
-
I Have Thirty Three Million In My Checking Account!!!
On further reflection*, I find the most likely denouement for all this to be as follows: -1- 4Aces will dither around long enough to accrue $50 K in interest. -2- Bank will notice error and recover all the loot. -3- Bank's computer will automatically send a form 1099 to IRS stating 4Aces recieved $50 K interest. -4- Hilarity all around will ensue as 4Aces spends the 2nd worst 6 months of his life trying to convince IRS he doesn't owe taxes, interest & penalty on $50 K in non-existent unreported income and discovering in the process that IRS revenue agents don't want to hear any bullshit about bank errors, they just want their money. -5- One year after 4Aces finally concludes negotiations with IRS, the IRS computer will refer his file to the US Attorney's office for criminal prosecution. More hilarity ensues as our hero endures the worst 6 months of his life.** ---- * Story line based on true life experiences of clients of mine. ** Being put on the 'audit for next five years' list by IRS (just in case) is a cream puff by comparison.
-
I Have Thirty Three Million In My Checking Account!!!
Oz ponders the existential question:
-
I Have Thirty Three Million In My Checking Account!!!
At 1%, interest would accrue at not quite $1,000/day. That would pay for a lot of pop.
-
I Have Thirty Three Million In My Checking Account!!!
LOL, FourAces, you already pretty much know the law or you would be hitailing it to parts unknown with a suitcase of $100's. The money (&house &car and any other recoverable property that can be traced back to the money) belongs to the bank. Now if someone wanted to dance on the edge of the abyss, he might zero out his true balance and then withdraw the interest on the $33 million as it accrued, leaving the principal amount untouched. Faced with the embarrassing publicity that would be incurred by an effort to recover the missing interest, some bankers would be sorely tempted to just swallow the loss (if it's not too much). Banks really really dislike being seen by the public behaving incompetently. Of course the downside of any such abyss dancing is the distinct possiblity of finding oneself on the wrong end of a felony conversion charge. No sensible person would run such a risk. And a cautious person would pick up the phone tomorrow morning and call his friendly local banker (while he remains friendly) and ask that his account balance be corrected, which course of action I sincerely recommend. The bank is holding four aces. And your chances of a runner runner hit to an inside straight flush draw are infinitely higher than successfully making off with any significant amount of the bank's money. Contemplate for a few minutes that the relevant laws were written by folks in the banking industry's pocket and I'm sure you'll see that some hands are best folded.
-
I Have Thirty Three Million In My Checking Account!!!
LOL, I had a client in similar circumstances who bought a house, a car and had a wild old time before the bank caught on to what had happened (several months later). Good luck, FourAces, here's hoping we don't hear about you on the evening news.
-
For you Proper English lovers. . .
Only if I can be on top.
-
For you Proper English lovers. . .
I read somewhere umpteen years ago that the the early English grammarians innocently carried over the rule from Latin grammar because that was the only analytic scheme they they had available to them. Personally I suspect the old buggers were making a deliberate choice to differentiate the language of the educated classes from that used by the vulgar masses.
-
For you Proper English lovers. . .
Actually I kind of like the sound of "Proper English Lovers." Sounds like the title of one of those Barbara Cartland bodice rippers* my mother used to read. *hyphen omitted in deference to AS's sensiblities.
-
For you Proper English lovers. . .
Damn, AS and I jumped you at the same time, Lookin. That's bullying so I feel oblighed to tender my apology.
-
For you Proper English lovers. . .
Hmmmm... nor /nɔr; unstressed nər/ Show Spelled[nawr; unstressed ner] conjunction 1. (used in negative phrases, especially after neither, to introduce the second member in a series, or any subsequent member): Neither he nor I will be there. They won't wait for you, nor for me, nor for anybody. 2. (used to continue the force of a negative, as not, no, never, etc., occurring in a preceding clause): He left and I never saw him again, nor did I regret it. 3. (used after an affirmative clause, or as a continuative, in the sense of and not ): They are happy, nor need we worry. 4. Older Use . than. 5. Archaic . (used without a preceding neither, the negative force of which is understood): He nor I was there. ---- Dear Schoolmarm: Aren't you arguing for elevating the 5th (archaic) usuage over a more current form?
-
Gay May-December Romance
Does he design shoes?
-
New Developments in Gay Reparative Quackery
Gabriel Arana writes a good analysis/pocket history/personal memoir on the Ex-Gay quackery. http://prospect.org/article/my-so-called-ex-gay-life Beginning on the 3rd page there's an interesting section on Dr. Robert Spitzer's role in the crucial 1973 reclassification of homosexuality in the APA manual (before then we were officially warped), his 2001 study that was latched onto by the Quacks as justification for their practices, and his subsequent efforts to retract the 2001 study as scientifically flawed.
-
Post Count As Of Early AM on 4-10
You have to go back to the original contest thread (pegged), find the poster's stated starting number and compare it to the latest number of the poster whose count you want to determine. Too much work; I'll let someone else keep up with it, lol.
-
Post Count As Of Early AM on 4-10
What did I tell you, Hito? One mention of altar boys and AdamSmith comes running.
-
Zac OOPS I Did it Again Efron
Maybe there was a cold draft, Hito.