Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Riobard

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Riobard

  1. No actually, they are close cousins but your terms are more related to character trait theory whereas mine are well-known terms in ethics and morals theory. I suffer from extensive exposure to applied research ethics.
  2. The ethics of right/wrong comes down to beneficence (do good), non-maleficence (do no harm), autonomy aka self-determination, and distributive justice. I think that the legality references in this discussion are easily traceable to ethical principles and, in fact, concretize the more philosophical aspects of morality.
  3. Countless fee-for-service professionals and their actual or prospective bookers outside of the commercial sex industry are required to manage these same dynamics with equanimity. I have been at both ends of the spectrum. Within professional networking settings it has not emerged as a pressing topic about which providers wish to vent and brain-storm. I had two regular providers for two separate chronic health problems that flared up unpredictably and for which I would seek attention on an impromptu basis. They were obviously invested in beefing up their service in the context of overhead expenses and making ends meet, but expressed no anxiety about the occasions our scheds did not dovetail. They would certainly not call later to importune a booking if it had been left up in the air. Nor would I, in their shoes. This is life. And we just roll with the non-regular fly-by-nights as an occupational hazard. That said, commercial sex workers have notified me, asking when I intend to book again. Say what? I do not forecast my desires. I am not put out and I do not get anxious about service options being withdrawn ... I simply lack the capacity to fulfill an expectation on which two parties do not see eye to eye. My health problem flare-up might at times spontaneously subside in the same way that the pressing urgency of libidinal appetite might wax and wane.
  4. Say whose story is hard to follow?
  5. I appreciate the attempts at phenomenological clarity and common ground related to respect for hires, but play is a flimsy euphemism for purchased sex. I viscerally reacted to "had" as well, but upon reflection determined that it is a valid synonym for my own behaviour. Still, play sounds better. That said, interestingly, it is commonplace to brag about a "good deal" in nonsexual commercial transactions and be less likely seen as crass. I think that the central dilemma is simple and longstanding: sex is sadly and mistakenly socially constructed as dirty and degrading. This idea does not represent any impressive insight on my part. Sex and its overall complex bundle, like other distorted, stigmatized, and loaded topics, is also conveniently misappropriated to support one point of view over another.
  6. The non-sexual massage provider at the Brasilian venues where prostitution is legal is also earning 20-25% what I pay in my home country, where the cost of living discrepancy is not nearly of that scope. By extension, perhaps the exploitation label applies. Purchase power parity, jurisprudence, attitudes, socioeconomics, ethics, etc, make the discussion extremely complex.
  7. Commercial sex advertisers where we visit are also not embellishing their photos and service descriptors with testimonials, for example, like this (not [sic]): "this boy hungrily sucked me then could not help getting extremely excited, though explicity ativo, riding my dick, moaning with eyes rolling back, and exploding a huge load of milk all over my pecs and face". Such narratives are best left to the genre of erotic fiction, outside the purview of real-life 1-on-1 performative labour accounts. Here below are some sobering excerpts from Cuban and Brazilian criminal defamation law, I assume substantially different from the tort-based equivalents to which we are accustomed. The Brazilian application of insult law is, by the way, not at all restricted to citizens, occurs regularly, and is rather open-ended. As such, if not willing to respectfully prioritize local legal customs and covering your ass when abroad, in favour instead of a somewhat naïve centric view of personal prerogative to impose your foreigner standards of free speech, I suggest that you cozy up to your destination consulates and Amnesty International ahead of time, contractually piggy-back on local licensed porn entities, and brush up on how prison in Latin America makes the fictional TV Oswald Pen look like a DisneyWorld vacay. And a solid budget set aside for legal representation, translator services, and related hustles, etc. Why put yourself out on a limb in this way for the sake of a few transitory jollies? Why expose yourself and your hires to the damage-control-resistant caprice of photo dissemination and subsequent embarrassment or worse? Why endure the anxiety of your passport scans not coming out squeaky clean? And good luck persuading a local magistrate concerning your take on informed consent. Sorry, you are no more than a faggoty cockroach in that type of judicial setting. In Brazil, you had better hope that your hire mitigates your crime by formally reciprocating a denigrating slur. And you should redact BBC references. Feel free to add more suggestions.
  8. I had hoped to pre-empt the getting lost part by, earlier in this thread, months ago, identifying the map disconnects and providing unambiguous tips about 13 location. In fact, the club's website now also specifies the adjacent landmark venues. Happy you scored happily, latbear, given the inauspicious nature of your back problems and the club's distance.
  9. Verbal consent is context-specific. It is not like a Cuban cigar is always just a cigar. Unless a pic suggests otherwise, I am going to assume the Havana lad accepting of a few bucks is likely ghetto-raised (whatever that equivalent is there, I realize that concept differs in some places) and is not predisposed to rebuff a photoshoot request from someone who has, as I do, a chronic case of affluenza. A relevant analogy might be that of an unboundaried crack cocaine addict in a more developed world setting.
  10. The idea of a 'slave auction' occurring within any historical period transcends race ... it is really about how those with the upper hand in any context view and treat the less advantaged. That is how I interpreted the related comment (with metaphor) about being judicious in use of images. Case in point: Moorish supremacy, s/w Europe in Middle Ages, over Goths (my DNA origins).
  11. In my personal opinion, many of the DIY photos contributed here are too much "on the nose", appear to be taken in a developing world locale with an inadequate budget for lighting, and intended for a forensics or medical textbook set of illustrations. That said, they are often accompanied by interesting verbal erotic accounts that, to me, have far less diminishing returns. The net result, however, is that some of these trip-advisor-grade reports be signalling to me: Don't bother (visiting for trade). In terms of Brazil in my case, for example, I discovered the scene 16 months prior to finding this forum board. Being there had a much bigger influence on my impressions of the commercial potential. In terms of Cuba, I would want a solid sights itinerary and the overall benefit of satisfying curiosity to offer compensation if necessary.
  12. I am going to risk sounding preachy ... a MacBook Air costs about 10,000 reais there. Please exercise caution using your PC out in the open while drinking and distracted with offers to join you in your room. And do lock it in the safe if you host.
  13. The street numbers are fucked for Clube P11 ... the address is 11 Jose Duarte but logically it should be about #91. In truth, there is no logic when you scan on Streetview. The evens and odds do not seem to remain on the same side. It is about 10 buildings south of Joana Angelica, on the west side of Jose Duarte. I also had difficulties the first time but had a picture in my head.
  14. Lucky. I had something similar in Sept, Rio-SãoP-Canada, 50 minutes connection due to a delay, but minus bag retrieval and plus a seemingly endless sprint between terminals following Customs. I was stunned to make it as the gate was closing, and that my bag made the transfer. There were airline agents along the route encouraging us. And it would have been too late at night to visit Lagoa courtesy of the airline. Also recently a 30 minutes connection Panama City, but had to be bussed a few kms from tarmac to Tocumen terminal (construction/closures), and then mad dash to the Brazil departure gate. Again, shocked my bag made the transfer.
  15. Harrowing start ... glad the stress is behind you. Question: how did you retrieve your checked bag in Recife and still make the Salvador departure? Additionally, I have always had to clear customs at first Brazil entry. All that in 45 minutes?
  16. No, Walker, but it just occurred to me that the broom he usually carries may be intended for guys, like you, inclined to bend over at the drop of a hat.
  17. A few days ago, just prior to leaving Brazil to return north for the holidays, a funny and teachable-moment (for me) story: The club staff groups are basically broken into reception, refreshments, and cleaning/lockerroom. In the last group exists a young lad with whom I am on a first-name hug/kiss basis, as many of you are. We typically exchange a few words in his flawless, and my pathetic, Portuguese. I know his full name, but my account of events does not require identifying him. These workers earn a few USD per hour. As an aside, they appreciate and deserve cash gratuities of any amount. You see them, know their names, respect them without shoving their likely poverty in their face, and as a possible offshoot bonus if you misplace your prescription glasses, phone, etc, they will be all over it. Well, the pace happened to be slow and we had an extended, relaxed conversation in which he rescued my deficiencies by breaking into fluent barely-accented English! I do think he is a rarity but it should not have taken me a number of years to discover his multilingualism. He indicated that within our previous brief exchanges he did not want to thwart my attempts to get my words across, albeit massacring the language (this last bit my own admission). The End.
  18. Might I add a 3) for good measure? A client with Board access who feels scorned and cheated within negotiations, and wants to maliciciously shove into a garoto's face, while maintaining a third-party degree of personal impunity, that there is evidence, beyond verbal exchange hearsay, that said garoto's services of such-and-such a nature could be had for such-and-such a price by such-and-such client/poster who wrote and illustrated about it all. Along with ego, follow the money.
  19. I think that defamation law in Brazil technically has its bar set lower, extending beyond libel/slander where the truth of the matter is disputable. Insulting someone, offending their honor and dignity, irrespective of the veracity underpinning such insult, may be taken more seriously and be more prosecutable than many of us might think. Some of you might say, in relation to our forum, "But the offended person would not likely pursue and draw further attention". However, they may be backed into a corner and capitulate to demands from familial/social networks to launch an ersatz 'duel at dawn' via legal recourse. Or, heck, a civil suit ... who knows? Pic poster beware.
  20. If it was one of the members-only clubs, why is this discussion not restricted to that group!? (A rhetorical question) Since the general readership is not privy to the scope of images posted there. The only thing a private club does is delay the inevitable breach of privacy, viz law of averages, in terms of the discretion that the average sex worker hopes for. I thought that private clubs were for circumscribed interest, not so much to keep info contained. A similar case in point exists within the local venues. There are clients who engage with you socially and inquisitively without obsessing about costs or rating tricks. Alternatively, there are one-trick pony customers whose social capability is reduced to objectifying programa guys and rating their experiences with them, without sussing out your own MO. And so offended when I demur. If I wanted a garoto to be aware of some version of my impressions of him, I would blab to a peer in the latter category.
  21. Demedici, I think you mean "... twice, shame on me."
  22. I think that there is a deficiency in awareness among these guys that impairs their connecting of the dots. They are naïve and, perhaps, overly trusting. It is not clearly unethical to either avoid alerting them about the risks of self-posting SocMe pics eventually appropriated by customers for illustration here, or to facilitate upticking their grasp of such risks. The point is that mishaps along their learning curve related to the prudence of shutting down all public media preparatory to prostitution and to getting ahead of its occupational hazards are inevitably going to lead to upset and, at times, confrontation. And then, reservations about posting images here for whatever reasons posters dream up. So, help them maintain their ignorance, on the one hand or, on the other hand, assist in building an informational protectorate (ie, alert them to protestable shit that happens). These seem diametrically opposed to me. Perspective about these ideas is largely driven by personal values. Good luck achieving consensus.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.