Everything posted by fedssocr
-
vaccination progress
that's interesting. Bhutan made a lot of news over having done some big number of shots, so it's odd that no one is fully vaccinated. It also seems odd that no one on Taiwan has been vaccinated. I think the number I heard from Thailand was 1.5m shots so far
-
touring Thailand YT channel
this is another good channel for those who miss Bangkok. This guy is a Dutch expat who does real estate in Bangkok. He makes a lot of videos on public transport (lots of new train lines coming online) and rides his bike around the city with his gopro rolling. Seems like a nice guy and good quality videos
-
Half of Thailand’s hotels may close within 3 months – BOT
they mentioned on the Thaiger news the other day that 50% of Thai hotels only have enough cash to last 3 more months. So that would seem to jibe with this article. When you think of how many hotels there are in the country that's got to be a huge number of jobs. Obviously most of the world is in a heap of trouble but a place like Thailand that has so much of its economy tied up in tourism is headed for some prolonged hurt.
-
Should People Be Forced To Get The Vaccine?
we do have mandatory vaccinations required for some travel already. But I think if people don't want to get it they should be able to not get it. But they shouldn't expect to be allowed to do everything and go everywhere vaccinated people can.
-
Manila Report
There's so much competition in Thailand, especially Bangkok which helps keep prices very reasonable. I think Vietnam is probably good competition these days. I've always been fascinated by the Philippines. I have several Pinoy-American friends. I'd like to visit but haven't ever had the gumption
-
Youtube video selling gay Bangkok to the Chinese market in the middle of a pandemic
my one visit to Nakarat wasn't so great either. But it's too bad it's gone. I just thought the guy hosting the video was very handsome.
-
Interest in moving out of Thailand takes Internet by storm
I think everyone can read between the lines
-
Youtube video selling gay Bangkok to the Chinese market in the middle of a pandemic
of course once you watch this video the Almighty Algorithm will start showing you other similar ones. I got served up one from Nakarat massage that was quite enjoyable. and this Thai boy band at a Japanese bath house
-
Youtube video selling gay Bangkok to the Chinese market in the middle of a pandemic
during the first few months of the year Thailand thought they had beaten the virus. I know music venues were hosting concerts for many months where most people were not wearing masks. The numbers started shooting up a few weeks ago. So it's possible that this video was shot before things started going bad
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
I'm sure someone has theories or research. Maybe it's the same reason straight guys like lesbian porn? What's better than one cute guy? Two cute guys together! And I suppose it also means that no other girl will get to have them either if they are with each other?
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
they just keep churning them out - 30 more on the way! https://youtu.be/nzoZVUGa_XQ
-
A Stunning Flagship in Bangkok’s Coolest Skyscraper
there was supposed to be a hotel in the building when it first opened a few years ago, but those plans got put on hold. Not the greatest time to be opening a hotel, but I guess by the end of the year somebody might be able to stay in it
-
Has Daddy's Message Forum Died?
As far as anyone knows he died without a will or next of kin. If he didn't want the site to continue on when he was gone he certainly could have made a will stipulating that. I have no reason to disbelieve that those who saved the data when they say that they were his friends for decades. Certainly it's a lesson for everyone to make sure they have an estate plan in place. For most people it's a pretty simple process. You can even do it for free with a site like freewill.com if you are in the USA.
-
Australian?
I don't know about a hotel. I believe he's been living in Myanmar for several years https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-01/sean-turnell-aung-san-suu-kyi-myanmar-charged-official-secrets/100046216
-
Has Daddy's Message Forum Died?
The site is now back. They managed to copy the whole thing to a new server. You may need to update your bookmarks https://www.m4m-forum.org/threads/read-me-message-forum-moved-to-new-server.164510/
-
Has Daddy's Message Forum Died?
could be any number of issues. I did read a thread there that some old friends of his were trying to get control of the website but I think it's a complicated process.
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
OK. I just finished ep 3. The main character is a total brat, but it's funny and almost sickeningly adorable.
-
touring Thailand YT channel
There are lots and lots of expats in Thailand channels on YT. I recently came across this channel by this nellie but apparently straight British guy who picked a terrible time to try and tour the country by motorscooter. He's been in the far south lately which has been interesting. For those of us missing Thailand it's fun to see the country and his videos are pretty good quality. He also has a couple of good videos on real estate in Chiang Mai.
-
When do you expect to be in Thailand next ?
I wish that were true. It's going to take a year or more for people to get the vaccine in much of the world. Look at how difficult Thailand is finding it to get the vaccine and get it distributed. Even Japan has only vaccinated 1% of their population. Australia struggling to get the vaccine out. Mainland Europe not doing great at this point either
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
I Told Sunset About You part 2 will be called I Promised You the Moon and will debut on May 27 https://news.abs-cbn.com/entertainment/04/19/21/new-title-poster-of-thai-series-i-told-sunset-about-you-part-2-revealed
-
Homoerotic k-pop video
album photoshoot
-
The Future Prospects for Gays in Afghanistan
At this point there doesn't seem to be any easy answer. The US can't stay there forever. The GLBT community and women are treated very badly in many places around the world. Groups like Rainbow Railroad offer some hope and help for getting GLBT people out of those countries, but it's difficult work that is expensive with a huge backlog of people seeking help.
-
Gay Thai Drama / Thai BL stories
this looks adorable and I am only as far as the opening credits
-
Brazil Retirement Questions 2021
do you not have the option of stopping your mail at the post office? at my condo the boxes are small, but once they jam it full they just collect it in the mailroom or at the front desk of my building. Having a 24 hour staffed front desk is one of the nice things about my building
-
Brazil Retirement Questions 2021
Good for you. If you don't have a financial planner I might recommend getting one who specializes in the kind of retirement you're contemplating to help you navigate the issues.