Everything posted by fedssocr
-
Homoerotic k-pop video
here's a behind the scenes video. The English subtitles in CC work
-
Background article on Myanmar
I recently read "The Hidden History of Burma" by Thant Myint-U who is the grandson of former UN Sec Gen U Thant. It really gives a lot of great background of what happened from the time of British colonization to the present. And the author has spent quite a lot of time in the country the last several years running an NGO and advising some government ministers in the original post dictatorship (ish) government. The current state of affairs is so sad and hopeless. The current military dictator doesn't seem to have had much of a plan or any goals beyond ousting ASSK and the NLD. And certainly they were surprised by the strong rejection on the part of everyday people to what they're doing. It's on it's way to becoming a failed state. I wonder what they're really trying to accomplish. People expecting ASEAN to do something constructive seem to have forgotten that much of the alliance is run by military strongmen and dictators who aren't going to do anything lest their own situations get a brighter spotlight.
-
Homoerotic k-pop video
are you not familiar with k-pop?
-
Homoerotic k-pop video
yeah, I hear ya. I've been doing a little research since I am fascinated by their "concept". Apparently this group ranges in age from 21-30 - so they're a bit more mature than a lot of these groups. And they've been around for a couple of years. They've been positioned from the start as mysterious and artsy. And I've read that they have a lot of input into the choreo and music. I did read an article that has some quotes that they were surprised by the backlash and pearl clutching in reaction to the video and their TV appearances. I watched a behind the scenes of the video filming and it looks like it was miserably cold for most of it. Some of them seem to have been more into the whole thing than the others but I suppose that's to be expected. Given how many of these groups there are, they have to find some sort of hook to differentiate themselves. It's interesting that there is a cottage industry of "reaction videos" on YT where people film themselves reacting to music videos. There are a lot of reaction videos to this. I agree that the whole k-pop machine is generally terrible, but I think that's been slowly changing after all of the high profile suicides. SK has one of the highest suicide rates in the world.
-
VACCINATED
Got the J&J/Jansen one shot vaccine this morning. Very well organized vaccination center operated by my county. Really feeling the effects now 14 hours later. Body aches, slight fever, fatigue. I see that as a good sign.
-
Homoerotic k-pop video
pretty much every guy in the Korean music industry wears makeup. This group has been making the rounds of all the k-pop weekly TV shows. On the Mnet show they did the same choreography as in the video which surprised a lot of people. They were on KBS Music Bank today and changed the choreo slightly so the guy on his knees doesn't run his hand down the standing guy's crotch but puts it on his thigh instead. I'm guessing the network required that. SK society is still quite conservative.
-
Homoerotic k-pop video
I've not heard of this boyband before called OnlyOneOf. Their new song and video is creating a little buzz. I don't know if this is just good "fan service" or something else.
-
The Thaiger (on YouTube)
I recently started watching The Thaiger on YT. It's English language news and info about Thailand. They do a daily newscast that is 10-15 minutes. It's run by an Australian guy and the other main reporter is a young guy who appears to be part Thai/part farang. It's fun to see news from over there on a regular basis. They also have their own news website. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfyWB_cTvCBWau8mFcMnJkQ
-
When do you expect to be in Thailand next ?
it means I want to get there before the PRC does
-
What music video makes you smile?
- When do you expect to be in Thailand next ?
Getting my vaccination at the end of this week. A lot will depend on travel rules. I am guessing masks will still be required on flights for a long time. Frankly flying 24-ish hours with a mask on doesn't sound like much fun to me. I'm guessing next year at the earliest for me for get to Asia. I'll probably go back to Taiwan first before China invades (hopefully).- The Prince Massage in Gay Bangkok
the muscle-y boy making a goofy face in the locker room would be my first choice, I think- Chinese Flight Attendant's Kiss with Pilot Leads to Homophobia Case
I primarily was referring to their demographic issues. Of course most of the post-industrialized world has demographic challenges too. They have some big economic challenges too- Chinese Flight Attendant's Kiss with Pilot Leads to Homophobia Case
Of course Taiwan does have a fairly advanced military. And the people mostly consider themselves to be Taiwanese, not Chinese. So I don't think it would be easy for the Chinese to takeover or rule. The US seems to be trying to draw together the other democracies in the neighborhood to counter China's expansionist plans. China has a lot of looming problems demographically and otherwise. Xi will do whatever he wants for the rest of his life. As you say there doesn't seem to be anyone to challenge him at this point. He seems to see himself as an emporer and the CCP has given him what he wants.- Chinese Flight Attendant's Kiss with Pilot Leads to Homophobia Case
model employee indeed. Good luck to him. Does OnlyFans work in China?- Taipei, Taiwan
that's interesting. The guy I picked at Royal Spa wouldn't even take off his underwear. Beautiful guy though.- Taipei, Taiwan
Here's the thread I started last time I was in TPE on Mudan Spa On another trip prior to that I had visited a place in a little alley near city hall that I don't recall the name of.- The future of gogo bars in Bangkok
Sorry about being off topic - but I am always astonished by the huge number of guys working at these Japanese places. Or at least their websites have a huge number of guys listed - whether they're all actually available could be another story.- Thailand's high suicide rate
The video spends quite a bit of time on the fact that the suicide hotline is overburdened and unable to answer about half of the calls that come in.- Thailand's high suicide rate
the woman providing meals and services to the homeless is a saint- Taipei, Taiwan
I've pretty much always found what I was looking for at the spas. First place I went (Royal Spa) the masseur wouldn't get naked. But everywhere else I've been has been a good massage and the sexual contact I was looking for. The last place I visited was really fantastic and hope to be able to return one day.- Thailand's high suicide rate
Thailand has the highest suicide rate in SE Asia- Taipei, Taiwan
there are several massage spas though with some sexual contact- Laos feels loss in foreign visitors
I think I also visited those waterfalls plus some others. There's a big complex of waterfalls right near the Cambodian border.- Laos feels loss in foreign visitors
I did the Vat Phou Mekong River cruise a few years ago which was really nice. Amazing sunrises and sunsets, great service, good food. And then did a little tour in central Laos which didn't have much in the way of services, hotels, etc. but the nature is spectacular. If they ever get their act together Laos could be a great ecotourism destination. - When do you expect to be in Thailand next ?