Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cape Town South Africa

Featured Replies

  • Author
  • Popular Post

Went into Cape Town for a few hours. Staying out on the Coast and mostly driving around but Cape Town has some interesting architecture and Fun Restaurants and a very nice out door Market.

 

So just a few photos to give you the flavor of Downtown.

post-243-0-54729900-1462017739_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-78000800-1462017804_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-80760700-1462017908_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-53797600-1462017978_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-14174900-1462019617_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-31131700-1462019762_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-08278200-1462019850_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-25021100-1462019935_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-59704900-1462019998_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 56
  • Views 15.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Just got back from Table Mountain. Just spectacular for my 3rd time.   The island is Robben where Mandela spent much of his life and a photo of the Big Soccar Statium.

  • Went into Cape Town for a few hours. Staying out on the Coast and mostly driving around but Cape Town has some interesting architecture and Fun Restaurants and a very nice out door Market.   So jus

  • firecat69
    firecat69

    Perfect day of sun and just driving around photos. Around every corner is another postcard!

Posted Images

Vinapu I assume you cancelled your next trip to Thailand after reading articles like this?

 

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/video-shows-british-family-attacked-thailand-38728151

 

 

 

Of course you did not!!

you got it right, I'm not easily scarred by the press sensations. I guess living across the street from social housing and being survivor of both Romanian 1977 earthquake and Mexico City's 1985 one helps.

 

Murders by drunks may happen everywhere but Thailand still remains very safe country.

  • Author

And thus are most countries that attract millions of tourists every year:

 

Last time I checked drunks had nothing to do with people blown up by a bomb in BKK at a spot I have walked by hundreds of times. Or the same spots where many were murdered by riots.

 

The point is that you can be killed almost anywhere as a tourist and yet very few tourists are ever killed in countries with stable governments.

Thank you for sharing. Four years ago my Thai bf and I visited Capetown for 9 days.

Really enjoyed our visit and would like to visit again.

I note that KLM each year offer special airfares from NYC and other cities to Capetown via Amsterdam. Less than $900.

Watch for the airfare sales.

On the way to a Safari. Probably no posts for at least a couple of days because I understand the WiFi is weaned intermittent.

 

Good luck!  I hope you don't get mauled by a tiger.

As far as I know there are no wild tigers in South Africa.

As far as I know there are no wild tigers in South Africa.

 

Phew!  Good luck!  I hope you don't get mauled by lions.

Beautiful Photos!

You are a gifted photographer.

 

thanks for sharing.

  • Author
  • Popular Post

Most of these photos are taken from less then 30 ft away . Surprisingly the Giraffes and Zebras are hardest to get close to.

 

The Lions are easy. The cheetahs are very difficult to track and we were lucky to find them but when you do they act quite relaxed even though we were less then 10 ft away. The Leopard has always been the hardest to find and we were just about done with the drive and the guide saw him in the headlight . Can't use flash , but the did not run from the light and that is the last photo.

post-243-0-95959100-1462360334_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-68181700-1462360365_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-60048600-1462360498_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-69836800-1462360585_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-11676200-1462360789_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-51491200-1462360847_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-25722300-1462360903_thumb.jpg

  • Author

That is about it for my posts from South Africa. Might get a few more from some small seacoast towns where we hope to the whales migrating to have their babies. Still have 2 weeks left.

 

Bottom line if you love to travel, then put South Africa on your to do list. Especially what is known as the Western Cape which includes Cape Town but so much more. You need to rent a car.

 

Don't listen to any stories about it not being safe , they just plain don't know what they are talking about. The roads are very good and for the most part are respectful drivers.

 

The more time you spend the better because there is such unbelievable scenery and then of course the Game Drives. For USA citizens like myself the current exchange is very favorable so most things are less then even Thailand and much less then any of Western Europe countries, Australia or New Zealand.

 

Unfortunately very little action on the Gay Apps. Can't have everything!

Glad you are having such a good time, firecat.  Your description of the place sounds great...until you get to the very last part.  

 

 

Unfortunately very little action on the Gay Apps

 

Ruled it out for me.  LOL

 

Enjoy your last couple weeks and keep in touch.

Glad you are having such a good time, firecat.  Your description of the place sounds great...until you get to the very last part.  

[ Unfortunately very little action on the Gay Apps ]

 

Ruled it out for me.  LOL

 

Same for me.  I have seen so much beauty of nature and impressive human works with my own eyes and I know that there is so much more to see,

 

but my main interest now is in interacting with local people,  especially the slim and smooth ones  :) 

  • Author

I should qualify my remarks. There are plenty of boys on the apps if you are middle age to younger. I am not. I have seen many hot boys as bartenders and waiters etc. My gaydar tells me they are of our persuasion.

 

After years of paiying for it especially in Thailand, I don't think they would be interested in me. But then I have taken the easy course of paying for so long I may miss opportunities or not?

  • Author
  • Popular Post

Some photos from wine country. Hard to find a better place to visit if you are a wine lover . The wine tasting is extensive and low cost as is most South African Wine. It is a very big industry here. And then the ride back to the Coast.

 

Only a few hours round trip! Sorry images are in revers order. Damn Computers.

post-243-0-35177400-1462614390_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-13972200-1462614433_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-63293900-1462614470_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-97882600-1462614523_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-50976400-1462614569_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-73912500-1462614641_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-46512400-1462614700_thumb.jpg

post-243-0-50779000-1462614759_thumb.jpg

Great pictures, firecat. I am impressed with your desire to travel. Brazil Thailand, Colombia, South Africa are the ones I know about. I wish I could travel more.

  • 2 months later...

How much a day for a budget is advisable to have a good time in South Africa? I am not a backpacker these days so I am asking for a trip like what you seem to have just done?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.