Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hotel Joiner Policies

Featured Replies

Don't think you have anything to worry about on that count. All the other older gents are perfect gentlemen like yourself, I'm sure.

 

Your knowledge about the other gentlemen is a clear sign that you were among them at the time you frequented Babylon.

 

They are not the problem, they are weak and fluffy.  Other younger guys are harder to shake off.

 

 

Otherwise, you seem to have settled into a comfortable routine, and I agree that keeping the birth certificate private is a good idea on your part.

 

I wouldn't call a "comfortable routine" something I could do only every so often in a trip.  My birth certificate is private, but my age is not.  In R3 they still asked for my passport even if I look under 50, hehe,  but in a visit to Seoul I could ride some public transportation for free because I am over 65.

  • Replies 83
  • Views 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Ok here's my attempt in steering this useful, but slightly derailed thread, back. This has been very useful for people who are looking for hotels to book, and I don't want it to be locked like the oth

  • Hotel - Nantra Silom City - Bangkok Visitors Allowed - they don't care, even if more that one  Joiner Fee - No, but if you require extra towel for 2nd boy charge is 100-200 Security - they don't care

  • Hotel - Crowne Plaza Lumpini Park City - Bangkok Visitors Allowed - Yes Joiner Fee - No Security - No ID asked, security at ground floor where concierge is and 23rd floor where reception is, never ge

They are not the problem, they are weak and fluffy.  Other younger guys are harder to shake off.

 

 

I'll take you at your word about that.

 

You could always tell when one of the old gents was grabbing you. There was the hairy, flabby tummy and the odor of neglected dental hygiene.  I agree that the young Thai guys were "harder" but I never viewed that as a negative.

 

But if you think there are still some young Thai guys in the dark areas, I'd get myself in there ASAP. They're an endangered species at Babs and we're not getting any younger.

 

It's the same reason so many visit the Galapagos: experience them while you still can.

 

 

 

 

 

 

(Btw, interesting member name; in German, "Schuft" means "villain", is this intended?)

It was at first, the english/german dictionary I used translated it as villian, Bastard.  At the time it fit me well, Have used the handle for the last 9-10 years.

 

 From reading these posts, it get the feeling the only thing i'm going to see at Babylon are old fat men like myself, not what i want to see in Thailand. :)

 

 

You could always tell when one of the old gents was grabbing you. There was the hairy, flabby tummy and the odor of neglected dental hygiene.  I agree that the young Thai guys were "harder" but I never viewed that as a negative.

 

 

 

Clear example of Ageism (and a gross generalization)

Clear example of Ageism (and a gross generalization)

 

I agree, Hutch. Hairy, flabby tummy (or as Stevie puts it, "weak and fluffy") can be very gross indeed.

 

That's why I prefer massage shops where you can avoid such experiences. But if hairy, older guys are your thing, feel free to pursue them with abandon.

 

Frankly, I don't think many guys fly 10-20+ hours to spend their time that way. If you do, however, nothing at all wrong with that. Whatever floats your boat.

 From reading these posts, it get the feeling the only thing i'm going to see at Babylon are old fat men like myself, not what i want to see in Thailand. :)

 

Too bad you think that others don't want to see you in Thailand.  (it might not be different in other countries). 

So it will be kind of you to stay away from Babylon in consideration of others there with your same mentality.

 

Myself, I don't mind at all being around old people, especially the well educated ones who frequent Babylon. They are too old for me, and although I feel young around them they go for the cute Thai boys in their 20s.  And they all give good, interesting conversation.

You could always tell when one of the old gents was grabbing you. There was the hairy, flabby tummy and the odor of neglected dental hygiene.  I agree that the young Thai guys were "harder" but I never viewed that as a negative.

 

I don't see the younger Thai as negative either, but I like to be in control.  If you get a chance, give the place another visit and you may not find it as bad as you think.  We are not getting any younger, but as older you get, as younger is the rest of the population. 

That's why I prefer massage shops where you can avoid such experiences. But if hairy, older guys are your thing, feel free to pursue them with abandon.

 

Frankly, I don't think many guys fly 10-20+ hours to spend their time that way. If you do, however, nothing at all wrong with that. Whatever floats your boat.

 

Maybe you fly the 10-20+ hours to spend there the 24 hours of the day getting massaged?  

Unfortunately, massage does little to eliminate a big fluffy hairy tummy. The most effective remedy is healthy nutrition, and in second place, plenty of exercise in a gym.

Whenever I've been to Babylon, I've always found that there's a good mix of people around. While it's true that there are more ageing farang than in other gay saunas in Bangkok, it is also true that there are more young, hot Asians who are interested in ageing farang. Others go to other saunas.

The only sauna I've been to is Chakran in Soi Aree.  It was like the Thai version of a Bel Ami movie set.  I was quite overwhelmed.

Maybe you fly the 10-20+ hours to spend there the 24 hours of the day getting massaged?  

Unfortunately, massage does little to eliminate a big fluffy hairy tummy. The most effective remedy is healthy nutrition, and in second place, plenty of exercise in a gym.

 

Well, Dr. Stevie, I defer to your superior judgement on how you manage to deal with your "big fluffy hairy tummy" (forgive me if I avoid forming a visual image...just had lunch).  

 

 

The only sauna I've been to is Chakran in Soi Aree.  It was like the Thai version of a Bel Ami movie set.  I was quite overwhelmed.

 

Chakran is far from being a good example of a BKK sauna.  The few times I went there I was underwhelmed. 

 

Well, Dr. Stevie, I defer to your superior judgement on how you manage to deal with your "big fluffy hairy tummy" (forgive me if I avoid forming a visual image...just had lunch).  

 

I have to defer answering your question to the time I may have such "big fluffy hairy tummy".  If it is not in this lifetime, I might have to catch you in a next one.  In the meantime, you can form a visual image of such thing by looking in the mirror.

Chakran is far from being a good example of a BKK sauna.  The few times I went there I was underwhelmed.

 

In its first few years Chakran was a great sauna welcoming lots of younger Thais and other nationalities. Just sitting enjoying a drink in a lounger by the small pool you could watch some lovely guys coming down the steps on the other side en route to the jacuzzi and steam room. Since its merger with the old V Club massage reports indicate the number of westerners at the sauna has dropped dramatically. Seems it is now much more Thai/Asian for Thai/Asian. Any more updates?

 

I have to defer answering your question to the time I may have such "big fluffy hairy tummy".  If it is not in this lifetime, I might have to catch you in a next one. 

 

OK, it's a date.  You'll be the guy still working on your abs. I'll be the guy with the beer.

What an excellent idea for a post! I love concrete and consise information. Thank you!

OK, it's a date.  You'll be the guy still working on your abs. I'll be the guy with the beer.

 

You will keep deluging yourself in beer in the next life?

Haven't you learned something in this one?

I've learned that an old guy with a beer has a hell of a lot more fun in BKK than an old guy worried about his abs--that no one's interested in seeing anyway.

 

But the date's still on, right?

 

 

  • Popular Post

Ok here's my attempt in steering this useful, but slightly derailed thread, back. This has been very useful for people who are looking for hotels to book, and I don't want it to be locked like the others because of stupid pissing wars:

 

Hotel: Intercontinenal Bangkok

Visitors Allowed - Yes, there were guards at the lobby, but did not ask for my two guest's IDs. Guards knew my name.

Joiner Fee - No

Security - Present but did not check ID

Extras - Breakfast for 2 boys no problem that was included with the stay, use of pool and gym no problem for two boys

 

Hotel - Intercontinental Hua Hin

City - Hua Hin

Visitors Allowed - Yes, everyone has to go through the lobby with security, but no one seemed to mind

Joiner Fee - No

Security - Present everywhere in the hotel grounds but did not get asked

Extras - Pool accessible to my extra guests

And a reminder that Malaysia hotel has minimum age for joiners 20 years (just the hotel's policies, not the law) and even I have to leave my ID at reception when I visit friends who stay there.

I've learned that an old guy with a beer has a hell of a lot more fun in BKK than an old guy worried about his abs--that no one's interested in seeing anyway.

 

I've learned that an old guy with a beer belly has a lot more fun with a beer than an old guy with a six-pack who instead of a beer sips on a mango drink sitting in Babylon at the pool with a cute boy he met at the gym. 

Following Numazu's lead:

 

Hotel:  Le Meridian

City: Bangkok

Visitors Allowed: yes

Joiner fee: no

Security: In lobby, charming and welcoming. Have never been asked for ID. However I have the feeling they probably cast an experienced eye over visitors and may exercise "quality control" if they see something they do not like.

Atmosphere: Very friendly. Often see others with companions at breakfast or pool. Staff are friendly to companions and companions like the place and the food as they can ask the staff for a particular Thai dish if they do not see it.

 

Hotel: Hansar

City: Bangkok

Visitors allowed: yes

Joiner fee: no

Security: At door, never asked for ID.

Atmosphere: Staff friendly and helpful to companions. Have not seen anyone else with a companion there, but no issues with other guests.

I've learned that an old guy with a beer belly has a lot more fun with a beer than an old guy with a six-pack who instead of a beer sips on a mango drink sitting in Babylon at the pool with a cute boy he met at the gym. 

 

 Your yarn may lack originality but I'm heartened that your abs have blossomed into a "six pack."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.