Guest naughtybutnice

Further crackdowns in Pattaya

11 days to go before leaving for Bangkok and Pattaya so I appreciate all the posts on the forum. Thanks to you all.

Now, looking at Google map (!), the beach mentioned on this topic (Wong Amart Beach ) is not close to the gay Jomtiem veach, right? Are chairs and vendors (massage, manicure, food, etc) still on at Jomtien beach?...and theboys too? ;-)

This subject is also discussed on the Gay button forum. Gay beach at Jomtien has not disappeared but has changed dramatically. Hopefully, it will retain some of its allure (chairs/umbrellas for those who want protection from the sun and showers, masseurs, food and drinks, souvenirs, massage, and yes some cute boys in speedos) but only time will tell. The gay beach was why I came to Pattaya starting last century and in those days sitting under the bungalows with thatched roofs. Times change hopefully the gay beach survives.

When in Pattaya I visit the gay beach in the afternoons quite frequently. I like the relaxed atmosphere, the sea air and also chats to other older gays who like me sit in the same place day after day. Ok these days few boys in speedos are to be found but a few still go there.

I take it that the "crackdown" refers to the one day a week when the concessions cannot operate with their chairs and umbrellas ?.

I think this was a bad idea - I don't expose my body to the full force of the sun in Thailand, so don't go to the beach on those days.

I don't believe the water at Dongtan is as bad as described as filthy. I go into the sea frequently for a swim and have yet to experience any ill effects from this, although I keep my mouth shut as much as possible.

I would prefer that ladies were kept away from the relatively short gay section so maybe we could petition the authorities to erect notices and institute patrols to achieve this . Just joking !.

I´m normally to lazy to go the Jomtien Beach - simply too far away from my hotel near big C. I just go down from second street to the beach and there I am. Of course russian ladys in their 50 - 60`s are not really an eyecatcher, but when i have luck like yesterday i´m able to watch a group of sexy Thais in their later teens - maybe little young - but as long as I just watch them...

of course the water quality is better at Jomtien Beach because no speed boates and jet ski - but old machines run better with a little oil - so i think it can´t be so bad for me, hehe

but to be honest - in the next days i will drive to Jomtien beach also - just to look whats new or not - of course not on wednesday

...if I was beach person which I'M NOT I'd prefer beach without all that furniture...

I'm not a beach person either (go to beach on 1 out of  20 days spent in Pattaya), but if I go, I want to sit in shade in a deck chair and maybe have some food (no, skip the food, eating in deck chair is uncomfortable, but it's good to know you can get food).

There should be enough space to have deck chairs and umbrellas and free space (sand and sun) on a public beach.

There is a beach in Bang Saen popular with locals where I estimate 20,000 (twenty thousand) deck chairs (sample count of rows, columns and concessions), wonder what is going on there.

If it wasn't for drinking and washing, I wouldn't touch water at all!