ChristianPFC

Is it hot outside? Go see for yourself!

Guest abang1961

Yes I was in Bangkok from Monday 25th to Thursday 28th and it was way too hot. The heat was fairly unbearable and I have to walk around with a USB fan attached to my phone. I stayed indoors most of the time during the day except for one afternoon, I was suntanning by the pool under the shade of a big umbrella. 

The interesting question is should the weather play a part in deciding where to visit on holiday, or even where to live ?

Over the next 7 days, the peak daily temperature forecast are:

Chiang Mai  38~40C

Bangkok 36~38C

Pattaya 33~35C

This is a small snapshot, but we should expect Pattaya to benefit from the sea moderating temperatures.

The drought is even scarier. Rural people are losing their livelihoods. Thailand already has a dangerous political situation with two equally strong groups hating each other, each group having some supporters prone to violence. An ailing king and a weak heir. A military government getting more repressive and just plain weirder by the day. Add food shortages to this mix, and the death of the king, and Thailand may be in big trouble.

Pray for rain everybody.