faranglaw

Does anyone know a good dentist in Bangkok?

Hi all,

I am leaving Vancouver tomorrow and have a developing tooth ache. Arrgh. I don't think I can get an appointment here today. Can anyone recommend a decent dentist in Bangkok at a reasonable fee?

Thanks in advance!

Although my favorite dentist in the world is in Pattaya, I had very good luck at this place and just 2 minute walk off Silom on Saladaeng.

Very fair prices and caring personnel. When you click on the link it comes up Bangkok Smile but it is one and the same.  Open nights also and 7 days a week.

http://www.silomsmiledental.com

Guest ronnie4you

silonsmiledental.com may do good work as I had no complaints/ But, you are being charged tourist prices, which weren't so below US prices. I would have to dig deep to make sure it is the same place, but I am 97% sure.

firecat, where do you recommend in Pattaya?

The place I recommend definitely does not charge tourist prices. They are a small % of what I pay in the USA

Once a year practically I had a front tooth cap that would break. It is part of a bridge and they would repair it until  Broke it again.  Usually in the chair an hour and the bill would be a 1000 baht which frankly is a joke, At least 10x that in the USA when I had the same thing done.

Guest ryanasia

Silom dental is a bit of a "boutique" dental experience. They have gadgets and gizmos and the service is good. You can have good, fast or cheap. Pick one of the three. 

I broke off part of a tooth on the flight to Bangkok in october 2015 and went to Silom Smile without appointment. Had to wait for about half hour until one of their dentists was free and then sat in the chair for about an hour while he made a stopgap repair. He said there was no guarantee it would last more than a couple of weeks, but the tooth is still intact after more than one year. Cost 1500 baht if I remember correctly. Would have been free under compulsory health insurance here, but I didn't want to run around with sharp ridges in my mouth for three weeks. They are easy to find. Corner Saladaeng road / Saladaeng soi 2, basically walk down Silom Road towards Rama IV / Lumphini and turn right between Silom Complex and Zuellig house. Dentist was cute, too.

I have a compulsion to divulge my personal dental care experience.

I have always been prone to cavities and I've a mouth full of crowns over prior root-canal work. 

About a year ago I had again a tooth ache sign of impending cavity.

I followed the clandestine advice of a dental professional and started to do "oil pulling".

This is a traditional way of "pulling out" bacteria from the teeth by taking a sip of coconut oil (liquid or solid) and swishing it between the teeth for 5 to 10 minutes.  The idea is that germs like the oil more than he teeth, haha.  The oil is thereafter spitted out in the trash.

After a short time my tooth ache went away, and so the prospect of crown removal, tooth drilling, and what not.  This was nearly a year ago and since then I do this every day.  I hope to keep the dentist only in my memory... 

I used Silom smile and they were a lot cheaper than I could have got done in Australia, service was good as were the staff and I would definitely go back there