Guest ronnie4you

That Long Ride Back

Guest ronnie4you

So last night we flew HKG to LAX. Didn't sleep before the flight, didn't sleep during it, and have yet to sleep since arriving 12 hours ago. Such is the life of jet lag for me.  Cathay Pacific has such a good reputation, but I found Business Class a tight spot. OK,, I quickly agree, better than coach!

We arrived to my main bag having likely been taken by someone with a similar bag, but he hasn't fessed up yet. Went to the Customs desk with hubby. The agent about spit at us: "State the nature of your relationship." I said we were two married gay guys. He didn't like that and with no suspicion at all that we had any agricultural goods, sent us down there. They are the most thorough search, so he was trying to hassle us, but the ag people were nicer and sent us on our way. We might have to get used to cocky people like this agent as Trump sets the tone, now discussing undoing Obama's executive orders protecting gays.

But all I  really wanted to say is this. If you want good infrastructure, go to Hong Kong. If you want fun, sex, and cute guys everywhere, go to Thailand. There's no comparison! We were tempted to head back from HK, but we're just not rich.

And thanks for the advice so many of you were kind enough to give us.

I just missed you. I'm in a lounge at the airport in Doha on my way to Bangkok. Flew Qatar in business. I'm a big supporter of Cathay Business Class, but this flight was amazing. Most comfortable Buiness Seat I've ever had.

Glad you had a great time in Hong Kong and welcome home.

Guest ryanasia

So last night we flew HKG to LAX. Didn't sleep before the flight, didn't sleep during it, and have yet to sleep since arriving 12 hours ago. Such is the life of jet lag for me.  Cathay Pacific has such a good reputation, but I found Business Class a tight spot. OK,, I quickly agree, better than coach!

We arrived to my main bag having likely been taken by someone with a similar bag, but he hasn't fessed up yet. Went to the Customs desk with hubby. The agent about spit at us: "State the nature of your relationship." I said we were two married gay guys. He didn't like that and with no suspicion at all that we had any agricultural goods, sent us down there. They are the most thorough search, so he was trying to hassle us, but the ag people were nicer and sent us on our way. We might have to get used to cocky people like this agent as Trump sets the tone, now discussing undoing Obama's executive orders protecting gays.

But all I  really wanted to say is this. If you want good infrastructure, go to Hong Kong. If you want fun, sex, and cute guys everywhere, go to Thailand. There's no comparison! We were tempted to head back from HK, but we're just not rich.

And thanks for the advice so many of you were kind enough to give us.

I don't think Customs agents being assholes is anything new. Let's not be quick to give Trump too much credit they have always been like that.

Guest ronnie4you

Ryan, you are right on that. I have dealt with so many asshole Customs agents over the years. I just had the idea that these guys might feel rejuvenated with Trump discussing foregoing Obama's executive orders protecting gays. The next day Trump said those rules will stay in effect. So that's good.

I hope that Mr. Paul puts the heat in all the males passing down Soi Twilight!