reader

The feet from hell

From The Sun (UK)

nintchdbpict000314668448.jpg?strip=all&w

Narong Thaopanya, 21, was travelling on the coach from Bangkok to Sukhothai province in northern Thailand on March 30.

He was overcome by a rancid smell when the blonde traveller sat behind him and put her sweaty feet on top of the chair to his side. Narong politely asked her to take down her feet but she refused to listen – staring at him and putting her legs up again.

The army reservist recorded the woman – believed to be from France – and took pictures of her arrogant behaviour.’

“The smell from her feet was filling the whole bus – it was hot and made me feel sick, because her feet were next to my head.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/3278815/coach-passenger-shames-rude-backpacker-who-refused-to-remove-her-smelly-feet-from-next-to-his-head/

Another annoying habit is the drinking of alcohol while walking in the markets - I am currently in Chiang Mai and went to Wulai on Saturday night and Walking Street Sunday and saw quite a few younger western tourists drinking from long necks while in the market area - not usually done at home so why here? Also what happens if the bottle is dropped and broken ? just leave it and walk away??? what happens to the empty  - just put it done somewhere and walk away??? :angry:

Guest ronnie4you

People also litter. Some scratch their butt in public. Thankfully, no one farts in public. Or burps. Or vomits. It's hard to imagine the girl having feet that would smell up a whole bus. Her mates would tell  her since they would be the closest victims. But, feet happen.

Maybe he should have told her that she was violating a sacred Thai custom by pointing with her feet.

It's hard to imagine the girl having feet that would smell up a whole bus. Her mates would tell  her since they would be the closest victims. But, feet happen.

Not hard for me to believe. I have been around people who's feet stink to high heaven.

Guest ronnie4you

Decades ago there were young guys who worked the street in West Hollywood. I saw one who was an exact replica of the guy who finally made me admit to being gay as I couldn't deny the attraction I had for him. Since I never had sex with him, I hired the um, hustler, that's what they were known as then.

Yet, despite my attraction, once in my room I realized that he really needed to shower. His shoes smelled so bad that I put them outside. Then we had fun.

smelly-feet.jpg

That jogged the memory.  Think I first drove down Santa Monica Blvd. sometime in the late 70's. Sun-bronzed guys on many corners.  Seem to remember a large coffee shop toward the east end that was a popular gathering spot late.