musgrave

A trip to Paradise

Been in Chiang Mai for about 4 weeks and had only foot and legit body massage, I decided to try one of the gay massage shops.  I had been to Paradise previously 2 years ago and also when it was known as Mystic Spa.

Easily accessible from the old town area - about 10-15 minute walk from Thapae Gate.

When I arrived at the entrance around 6.00pm the mamasan and one boy were sitting outside - my appearance brought a chorus of "falang, falang" from inside - so I gathered business hadn't been that brisk.

The boys - in black shirts and jeans - were gathered just inside near small reception - mostly lazing about which to me doesn't give a good impression - about 6 of them - 3 on phones looking decidedly disinterested .  When asked, 5 said they were from Mae Hong Son the other was from Mae Sai.  The latter was chosen as he was "just right" - small frame,smiled, cute moustache, looked as though he was interested.  Mamasan assured me he could do good massage.

Older wooden style inside with creaky floors but quite nicely appointed.  Separate shower room which seems to have been renovated since my last visit.  The room I was in had the mattress on the floor but others have tables.  Aircon, dimly lit, lockable door.

Showered alone before the massage - the actual massage delivery was just ok - not the best I have had but the end stages were very enjoyable. There was not a lot of discreet touching during the massage from his side but he did not object to me being very "feely". My man from Mae Sai had a smattering of English and he attempted to engage in conversation. After the event we showered together which was very pleasant.  Interestingly he told me that 100thb of the tip went to the massage shop!!! I was unaware that this happened.

Downstairs again - no after massage drink was offered.  Cost of 90 minute oil massage 800 thb     (mine lasted about the full time)

Would I return? YES!!!! The man from Mae Sai was certainly worth a re-visit.