paulfort

Good tailors for a suit and shirts in Pattaya or Bangkok?

Hi Guys

In the past I have often quickly walked past and politely ignored the touts at various tailors near Boys town Pattaya or on the Surrawong Road in Bangkok. However I do need to wear reasonable suites in my job in the UK (normally from M&S - sad I know!) and wondered if any of you had any experience of buying a made to measure suit in Thailand, how long it honestly takes as my worry is it not being quite ready and rushing or being posted to me and any recommendations?

I am back in March staying at Baan Souy for 8 days so any good tailors in the Boys Town or Jomtian area would be good, then in Bangkok at the Raya for 6 days so again near there on Surrawong or Silom Road an option? I noticed in the post from ggobkk that he rated Excelsior Tailors which would be ideal as very near the Raya but would welcome any other opinion and advise?

Guest CaptainSwing

I have been happy over the years with suits and shirts from Classic Tailors (http://classictailor.com) (also on Facebook: classictailorpattaya).  They are a short block off of Second Road, facing the parking lot of the Welcome Plaza Hotel, more or less across from the Royal Garden Mall, an easy walk from Boyztown.  They have been there a long time, and are not like the many tailors you see with the touts out front--much more reputable, and understandably somewhat more expensive, though still cheap by Western standards.  A week should be long enough for a suit, allowing for a couple fittings.  Their fabrics are high quality, though I have sometimes had bad luck with the zippers.

Guest CaptainSwing

I never looked at their Facebook page until after I posted the above.  I'm somewhat horrified to see my picture there(!!!) modeling a  topcoat they made for me (and which I am very happy with).

I never looked at their Facebook page until after I posted the above. I'm somewhat horrified to see my picture there(!!!) modeling a topcoat they made for me (and which I am very happy with).

I checked their fb and i cant tell which one is yours lol

I can recommend NEXT Tailor on the outer edge of Jomtien Complex immediately across the road from View Talay Condo #2 and the Thai Military Bank.... professional, fast, reasonably priced, friendly

Thanks for referencing my mention of Excelsior. I like them but always caution to spend time with the fitting and don’t hesitate to get a second fitting. Also, know what you want...there are as many types of suiting as there are food stalls on Surawong.

I’ve tried a few of the tailors along Surawong, usually I start with a shirt order and a pair of pants.

That said...a suit purchase in a Thailand can be at a cost that when compared to home, even at M&S, can underwrite /justify a trip to Thailand.

Numazu uses a tailor n Pattaya and mentioned the shop in a report last year.