Guest Martelly

Rumour, Throb & Splash has been sold.

Guest Martelly

I have just received an email from my Thai friend who works at Throb, telling me that it has been sold.

Im just wondering if anyone else has heard this?

I have just received an email from my Thai friend who works at Throb, telling me that it has been sold.

The rumor mill has been quite active lately. The rumor that the bars were going to close for three or four days turned out not to be true. Today I received an E-mail from a friend who heard that Le Caf

Guest xstreamlove

The rumor mill has been quite active lately. The rumor that the bars were going to close for three or four days turned out not to be true. Today I received an E-mail from a friend who heard that Le Caf

I have not heard this about Throb/Splash. It is perhaps the only bar I would want to own in Pattaya. They really know how to do things right there and I always have a good time and enjoy the show.

However, like all things in Pattaya, what isn't for sale for the right price?

At this point I do know that Top Man is up for sale. It's difficult to maintain a bar when there are no customers. I've been talking about this for over a year and a half now, that sooner or later the bars are going to begin to go out of business if they don't have enough customers. Apparently that is now beginnin g to happen.

On Soi Day-Night, Lek's bar is now closed. Two years ago there were several go-go bars on Soi Day-Night. Now there are none. On another nearby soi, there used to be Boy's Studio, Playboy, and one or two others. Now there are none.

Other go-go bars, both in Sunee Plaza and Pattayaland, have closed, changed hands, and reopened under a different name and different ownership.

The owner of one other bar complained to me, only yesterday, that he may be forced out of business because customers are no longer coming.

I suggest that when you come to Pattaya, visit all the bars at least once. Obviously you have your favorites, but there are nowhere near as many go-go bars now as there were just two or three years ago, and the number of bars is decreasing, not increasing.

Regarding Throb, Splash, and Le Caf

I can now confirm that both Throb and Splash have indeed been sold and the sale took place about three weeks ago, with the contract to have been signed as of yesterday (Monday, June 12). The now former owner, Mr. Quill, is to remain for three months during the transition. From what I understand the buyer (or buyers - I do not yet know), is from the UK and currently resides in Bangkok.

Le Caf

Guest Martelly

Thanks for confirming that Gaybutton. Lets hopethe New owners make some good changes.

It will be nice to have new blood in the street.