Guest shockdevil

Condo/Apartment in Pattaya

Guest shockdevil

I am planning to visit Pattaya, Thailand for the first time in December 2006 though February 2007. Instead of staying at a hotel for over a month I was hoping to rent a furnished condo or apartment. Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks for any insight you can provide...

I am planning to visit Pattaya, Thailand for the first time in December 2006 though February 2007. Instead of staying at a hotel for over a month I was hoping to rent a furnished condo or apartment. Is there any easy way to do this?

Thanks for any insight you can provide...

I have stayed at the Mosiak and it is very clean and in a great location. The owners are difficult to deal with as none of the staff truly understand english. The staff there is great and the rooms are cleaned weekly for free.

http://mosaik-pattaya.com/

I have stayed at the Mosiak and it is very clean and in a great location. The owners are difficult to deal with as none of the staff truly understand english. The staff there is great and the rooms are cleaned weekly for free.

http://mosaik-pattaya.com/

I stayed at Mosaic last January and enjoyed it very much. Tends to be a little pricey for what you get (I had a large one bedroom unit). In July I will try the Yensabai Condos near Sunee Plaza.

http://www.pattayarentaroom.com/rent-index.htm

Guest shockdevil

You guys are great. Thank you for your replies.

I am wondering if the following description of what I am looking for seems unrealistic.

I would like to stay in a 1 or 2 bedroom furnished condo near the beach, not too far from the "Gay District" but not right in the middle of

A friend of mine stays at the View Talay Condos for a very reasonable rental price, and the price includes water and electricity. It fits much of what you're looking for. As a matter of fact, he is there right now.

It is located right across the street from the Jomtien Complex, where there are several gay venues. It is an easy walk to the beach. All you have to do is cross the street, turn right, and walk about half a block to the entrance to the Avalon Beach Resort. They don't mind people walking through to access the beach and you'll be right there at the gay beach.

I don't think there's a fitness center in the building, but you're not far from several. There might be one in the Jomtien Complex, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else knows. I exercised once in 1957, so I haven't paid much attention to the locations of nearby fitness centers. There is a large swimming pool, convenience store, laundry service, a barber shop, a couple restaurants, etc, all located within the bulding. It seems worth at least checking.

If you wish, you can send me an E-mail at gaybutton@gmail.com . I will be happy to give him your E-mail address and ask him to write to you with the information, and I'm certain he will be happy to do so.

Guest shockdevil

Thanks Gaybutton.

There were so many places in Thailand that seemed pretty decent. So far I have narrowed my choices down to a few that I thought might work out for me.

1) View Talay Jomtien Condominium (thanks Gaybutton and xstreamlove)

2) Yensabai Condominium (thanks Up2u)

3) VIP Condo Pattaya

4) Jomthien Condotel Pattaya

Mosaik Apartments seemed very nice, sort of what I was looking for. However, I believe the price per night range 7,700-9,700 Baht per night for one-bedroom

Guest shockdevil

Apartment rate

one-room-apartment one month Baht 7'700.00 - 9'700.00

two-room-apartment one month Baht 12'200.00 - 18'200.00

Less than one month rental, price on inquiry

The figure you mention is PER MONTH in low season. :)

Thank you so much billyhouston for clarifying that for me. I really like this place and took it off of my list of possibilities because of what I thought was a very high price per night rate.

Thank you so much billyhouston for clarifying that for me. I really like this place and took it off of my list of possibilities because of what I thought was a very high price per night rate.

My stay at Mosaic with a huge two-room unit (1-bedroom) came to about 25,000 THB/ month for everything. That was in January and included the 30% premium. Consider also the Center Condo which is even more convenient to the bars (Sunee Plaza and Boyztown). Contact the GayPattayan (gaypattayan@pattayagay.com), I believe he has units for rent or knows people who do. What's most important to you....the beach or bars? If you stay at JomTien coming into town using baht buses or motorcycle taxis can be a hassle. Conversely, going from Pattaya to the gay beach during the day is a snap. JomTien has good drinking bars (no go-go), massage studios and restaurants. There is gym (Hardbody?) on your way to the beach near Bamboo's. If you stay at the Mosaic, Yensabai or Center Condo try Chevon's Gym around the corner and behind the Flamingo Hotel.

Guest shockdevil

My stay at Mosaic with a huge two-room unit (1-bedroom) came to about 25,000 THB/ month for everything. That was in January and included the 30% premium. Consider also the Center Condo which is even more convenient to the bars (Sunee Plaza and Boyztown). Contact the GayPattayan (gaypattayan@pattayagay.com), I believe he has units for rent or knows people who do. What's most important to you....the beach or bars? If you stay at JomTien coming into town using baht buses or motorcycle taxis can be a hassle. Conversely, going from Pattaya to the gay beach during the day is a snap. JomTien has good drinking bars (no go-go), massage studios and restaurants. There is gym (Hardbody?) on your way to the beach near Bamboo's. If you stay at the Mosaic, Yensabai or Center Condo try Chevon's Gym around the corner and behind the Flamingo Hotel.

Thank you very much Up2u.

I really like the way Mosaik Apartments look online. Do you think that Center Condos offer the same quality units and amenities? I understand they do not have a website for sample views of units.

Has anyone stayed at Center Condos? It sounds like that may be more convenient to beach and bars opposed to Mosaik.

Thanks again guys for all of your help. I just booked my flight yesterday (so happy) and now I am just trying to square away a place to stay.

Guest francois

Shockdevil-Just go with Mosaik Apartments. It is so late now that you may not get the accomodations you desire. Mosaik is as convenient, or more convenient, to all activites that you will not be disappointed. Units at Center Condo can be anything from dumpy to luxurious however the halls and public areas are trashy at best. Plus you have to deal with elevators which are a hassle. The plus is there are great views from the upper balconies. Good luck.

Shockdevil-Just go with Mosaik Apartments. It is so late now that you may not get the accomodations you desire. Mosaik is as convenient, or more convenient, to all activites that you will not be disappointed. Units at Center Condo can be anything from dumpy to luxurious however the halls and public areas are trashy at best. Plus you have to deal with elevators which are a hassle. The plus is there are great views from the upper balconies. Good luck.

Shockdevil, I agree with francois although he may be a little harsh. Mosaik is nicer only because it is new and everything works. It is no means luxurious so don't set your expectations too high. Give it a few years and it will be like most any other condo/apartment in Pattaya. Both Center Condo and Yensabai have swimming pools which the Mosaik doesn't. The baht buses run down South Pattaya Rd but you must flag one going to JomTien by pointing (only) the direction you want to go (left), otherwise walk to the corner of 2nd Rd and South Pattaya and catch one there. Center Condo is just a little closer to Boyztown. Go to Pattayagay.com and check out the district maps (the Mosaik would be above the Luxor Restaurant and across from the Flamingo on the map), http://www.pattayagay.com/pattaya_maps/index_main.html

Guest shockdevil

Shockdevil, I agree with francois although he may be a little harsh. Mosaik is nicer only because it is new and everything works. It is no means luxurious so don't set your expectations too high. Give it a few years and it will be like most any other condo/apartment in Pattaya. Both Center Condo and Yensabai have swimming pools which the Mosaik doesn't. The baht buses run down South Pattaya Rd but you must flag one going to JomTien by pointing (only) the direction you want to go (left), otherwise walk to the corner of 2nd Rd and South Pattaya and catch one there. Center Condo is just a little closer to Boyztown. Go to Pattayagay.com and check out the district maps (the Mosaik would be above the Luxor Restaurant and across from the Flamingo on the map), http://www.pattayagay.com/pattaya_maps/index_main.html

Thanks a bunch Up2u and Francois. I have put in a request for a reservation at the Mosaik for a 2-room apartment.

The maps site was pretty cool. Thank you all for all of the information. I don't know what I would have done without this site to guide me through the blind spots.