Guest travelerjim

Any succes stories for a Schengen Visa ???

Guest travelerjim

Hello Friends,

A GT member has pm'd me and asked for assistance in getting a Schengen Visa for his Thai bf to travel to his home country for a visit. I have volunteered to assist and I am going to meet with him to gather more information on his and his Thai bf's situation.

If you have had any recent (past year) success stories (or rejections) from Schengen Country Embassies in Bangkok, I would appreciate knowing of your experience and which Embassy did you make application with and its outcome - granted or not...and for what time period (days, months etc) were you asking for...and any other info you might find helpful.

Is there an Embassy/Country more favorable in granting a Schengen Visa for Thais?

I was successful as an American in obtaining my Thai bf with a Schengen Visa to visit The Netherlands, Belgium and France for 15 days in Springtime 2005.

If you have any experiences, I am sure there are other members who read these boards who will appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Thank you for your assistance.

TravelerJim

Guest fountainhall

I know of one success with a Schengen visa. I was told it was like having teeth pulled but worked. They reckon that, despite the Thai being a student, it's mostly because they have been a couple for about 2 years and - the key - have had a joint bank account in both names for more than a year.

Guest lvdkeyes

In August 2005, my now ex bf was able to get a Shengen visa to Austria. It was rather effortless. He had a job at a hotel, so that probably made it easier. He had to supply a letter from his job stating his position, salary and length of employment. The letter also had to include that he was allowed to be away from his job during the time requested and was assured his job would be there for him when he came back. We had to show an airline reservation to and from Austria and a hotel reservation. Since we were going to be driving around I only made a reservation for arrival and departure dates in Vienna, so I also showed care rental reservation and my US Embassy letter stating my income. He also had to show that he purchased health insurance for the time we were to be in Austria. We dropped off the documents with the application form and paid the fee. He was told to come the next day for an interview. When we went back for the interview, they just handed him his passport with the visa stamped inside. We were able to drive freely around Austria and into southern Germany and northern Italy without ever having to show any documents.

Guest hajuthai

Do not use the Danish embassy. They are very difficult to deal with.

Of course you need all the same papers as mentioned, and your bf have to prove his income and bankbook and you have to show what you have.

And it can take weeks to get the visa.

Try another embassy.

Guest YardenUK

It isn't a schengen country I know, but I am curious to know has anyone had any experience with the Irish Consulate in Bangkok (Q House, Lumpini)? My bf has just been granted a second 6 month multiple entry visa for the UK, and has travelled there twice, but we are about to face the Irish, and curious to hear of anyone else's experience at the BKK Consulate (in terms of ease/interview/processing time). Thanks in advance :)

Hi YArden

I spent 1.5 years trying to get a visa for my Thai BF to get a visitor visa to Ireland...

It has been well documented elsewhere over teh years

But we eventually got it.

Last July we also successfully obtained his second VV, this time the application took only 9 days!

The most important things in this and all visa applications to Ireland are:

- a reason to go home at the end of the visa...

These should include:

-Good Job (non bar work)

-Letter from reputable school - if they are a student

-Family Ties in Thailand (eg. elderly parents but no wife or Kids - as they will hold this against them - perhaps they are going to Ireland to earn money to support them)

-Previous Travel History to other countries

-Non Brand-new passport

-Land and/or property in thailand

- No large deposits into their bank account - in last 6 months

-Matching itinerary for all proposed travel

Everything should be translated and stamped where appropriate

In addition you will also need to supply:

-Proof of having previously met you (photos etc)

-Invitation Letter from you

-Letter from you to Consulate

-Your Bank Details for last 6 months

-Application form and fees

Note that in the case of Ireland its the Sponsors bank accounts that they look for - not the applicants (this is the opposite of most countries)

Also note that the consulate in Bkk has not got the right to issue visas and must refer all applications on to the embassy in KL.

There is no interview involved in the process.

In my opinion, the UK visa is generally easier to obtain then an Irish visa as the Irish visa is very subjective. With a UK visa ur BF gets to talk to the person who is granting them the visa, and providing his story checks out and the paperwork is in order he will get the visa.

With an irish visa, u never get to see or even contact the visa officer directly, and even if the paperwork is 100% correct they often still refuse the visa as the final decision is down the the opinion of the visa officer(and the humour they are in!)

Unfortunately the 1st time applicants are usually referred to The Dept of Justice in Dublin which can take 8 weeks to processs, so make sure his flight itinerary is for at least 2 months ahead of the application date... if not it will be refused by the time they get around to reviewing the application.

In your case seeing as he already has 2 x UK VVs he might not get referred to Dublin.

If your BF is from Issan you might find that

Guest YardenUK

Hi there - thanks for the info. My impression also was that the Irish were definitely more anal (no pun intended!) than the UK, although the UK is also notoriously hard to get an entry clearance visa from.

We have already been in email contact with the Consulate in Bangkok, and because my bf has travel history and holds 2 multiple entry visas for the UK he will not need to have his application referred to the Ministry of Justice, Equality & Law Reform in Dublin - the Embassy in KL will decide.

I am cautiously optimistic, because it is a genuine application, and we will in fact only be in the Irish Republic for 2 weeks (mainly to attend my sister's wedding). She also has provided a letter to this effect.

Re land in Isaan, well he isnt from there, so I doubt I will be investing in a plot outside Udon :lol:

We are heading to the Consulate on Monday morning armed with the very fat dossier, and will keep you posted!

thanks again!

Guest YardenUK

My bf got a phone call from the Irish Consulate in Bangkok on Friday - and he can go on Monday to collect his visa! It was actually a lot tougher than the UK visa application processes we have been through, although on the plus side, no interview/interrogation was required - I guess they will do that at Dublin Airport :p

t'be shoor t'be shoor :lol::lol:

But thanks to Colm for his helpful advise!

Well Done Yarden!

I hope he enjoys the trip.... Make sure you keep him away from Dublins gay bars - or he could be running away (with ME :-P)

Just Kidding - where and when is the wedding on?

I'm sure ur Bf will be very popular with all the Aunts etc!

If you need any holiday advice for Ireland let me know!

Guest PeterSverige

I used a company in Bangkok to help me get my mate over to Sweden..they helped us with everything and worked out perfectly..It was called P&P Visa Service if i can recall their located in the Ploenchit Ceneter Bldg on the second floor. I still have their contact number which is 668-5934-4377...these guys know what their doing....hopefully it solves your problems for bringing your boy back with ya.....

Peter

Guest PeterSverige

Anyone have any experience with the French embassy ?

Not sure about the french embassy, maybe if u contact the same guys i did they can help answer your questions....

Peter

Guest travelerjim

Not sure about the french embassy, maybe if u contact the same guys i did they can help answer your questions....

Peter

Peter,

May I ask?...

since this thread is now nearly 3 years old...

Have you personally helped a Thai (such as your Thai friend or boyfriend)

get a Schengen Visa?

Are you in any way "connected" with the P&P..(same guys) ???

you have referred posters to in your responses?

Thank you for your reply.

tj

Are you in any way "connected" with the P&P..(same guys) ???

you have referred posters to in your responses?

He has posted this exact same thread on other sites as his first post. I'll let you infer what you will from that. :)

Guest lvdkeyes

When I got a Schengen visa for my then bf, we went to the Austrian embassy without the use of any company. We had no problem getting the visa with the required documents.

Guest joseph44

That's a very wise thing: the required documents.

In one way or the other, visa-applicants always seem to forget one or more documents, thinking that it doesn't apply to them.

Every Embassy-website shows exactly what the document-requirements are.