Guest FourAces

How do You Sleep (at nights)?

Guest FourAces

About a year ago I left the rat race of what most call work to work on an Internet venture and play poker professionally. Both have been coming along at a reasonable pace. In fact, no complaints at all.

But since I no longer work a regular job my hours are manic. I don't have to be at work at 8am or whatever and that is nice. Yet I find that my sleep pattern is all screwed up. I am up all hours of the night and just when I start to get into a routine I travel to a different time zone to play a tournament or for other reasons.

There must be a few guys here who have like flexibility in their hours. If so how do you sleep at nights? I can't seem to do it anymore.

• Members

. If so how do you sleep at nights? I can't seem to

>do it anymore.

Hey Aces: Go to Montreal. There the object is NOT to sleep at night! :7

Seriously... it doesn't matter when you get it, but try to get 6 to 7 hours of sleep per day. Less than 6 and more than 8 shorten the life span (note I erred on the side of less sleep, because there are too many cute boys out there to waste too much time sleeping... lol).

>There must be a few guys here who have like flexibility in

>their hours. If so how do you sleep at nights? I can't seem to

>do it anymore.

I find a bowl of cereal with milk puts me to sleep. Also, a Tylonol PM works like a magic wand. And, the touch of my new boyfriend and the smell of his freshly showered body both excites and relaxes me.

>> And, the touch of my new

>>boyfriend and the smell of his freshly showered body both

>>excites and relaxes me.

>

>Sleep Oz, sleep. He was talking about sleep }(

HaHa. Sorry Barry. I didn't mean to get off subject. How is this?

the touch of freshly showered body (smooth as silk and a full six-pack) both excites and relaxes me and puts me in a daze which ends in a peaceful sleep.

See, I worked it in. ^_^

Traveling internationally for business and pleasure almost every month I have come up with some things that work for me.

Some non-caffine hot tea just before bed, a hot shower, and then you can get a natural supplement called Melatonin which is the hormone your body produces that makes you know it is time to sleep.

You can take 2 of those about an hour before sleep.

Hope it helps!

RussianRob

>When I am having trouble sleeping usually picking up a book

>works for me. A couple pages or paragraphs and I'm out like a

>light.

>

>Hugs,

>Greg

It all depends on the book Greg. I find that I fall asleep easy to a good romance novel but can't sleep when I read Stephen King.

When the new Harry Potter comes out, I don't sleep until I have finished the book.

One of my favorite books of all time was 100 Years of Solitude. I loved the book but was so confused at times that I did fall asleep and not be able to remember where I was the next day. After having read the book at least 15 times over the years, the more I read it the more I understand and the less likely I am able to falll asleep.

Put a good John Grisham book in my hands and say Nighty Night.

What book are you reading now Greg?

• Members

Right now I am reading Wanderings Chaim Potok's HIstory of the Jews. I"ve just started reading it and can tell already it is going to take me awhile. I love to read but I am a visualy person I like to see it and with reading a lot of times it takes me a while to get through a book with a couple exceptions The Red Fox from Jack Hyde and P.S. Your Cat Is Dead btw the movie sucks ass in a bad way! Secondly this book is pretty thick and I am guessing I am going to have to cross reference a lot on things or words that I might not understand since I don't speak Hebrew or Aramaic. But I'm up for the challenge ^_^

Hugs,

Greg

• Members

Why am I not surprised that you have trouble sleeping at night? One thing youcould do instead of counting sheep is count the failures of the internet, or as one blogger says:

"Top 10 Internet Failuers of All Time"

(Failuers must be French!)

• Members

Why not close the bait shop and enjoy retirement? Think lascivious thoughts and of things that go bump in the night. }(

Compliments of nakedtokyo.blogspot.com

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/612/2057/320/58461.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/612/2057/320/56011.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/612/2057/320/54286.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/612/2057/320/56054.jpg

Guest StuCotts

Do what some people who are constantly traveling across time zones do: buy a sleep mask and grab a snooze whenever you find the time, without getting hung up on whether it's night or day.

It used to work for me that I could sleep on a plane. In fact, I couldn't stay awake on a plane. I'd tell the attendant not to wake me for meals or for anything short of an emergency, and be sound asleep before takeoff. That doesn't work for everybody, certainly not the white-knuckle types who are driven crazy by people like me.