Gaybutton

Crystal Boys - Pattaya's Newest Go-Go Bar - Grand Opening on Valentine's Day

Crystal Boys, in Pattayaland Soi 2, is having a grand opening on Valentine's Day. I have attached their flier to this post.

I haven't been there yet, but today some especially handsome muscle boys were at the beach handing out the fliers. If the boys at Crystal Boys are anything like the ones who were at the beach today, then I have a feeling most of you will be well pleased.

I looked in last night and still closed but advertising Opening as above. One unit next to Cafe New Orleans, stage on left seating will be on right if it arrives on time. Was lady bar and little done to it other than name change as far as I can see as yet. Could be owned by same owner as Wild West Boys?? Hope to report on Valentines opening.

This evening my boyfriend and I went to the Crystal Bar to have a look. It is small, but tastefully decorated. As soon as you walk in the door, look up. You'll see a chandelier that would remind you of the set for the opening scene of "Phantom of the Opera."

The boys are all obviously of legal age. I counted 15 boys. They are all muscle boys, that's for sure. There are all different kinds of muscle boys too. Some look like steroid body builder types. A couple reminded me of sumo wrestlers. Others looked like they spend a lot of time in the gym. If you are into muscle boys, then when in Pattaya Crystal Bar is the place to go. All of them are muscular, butch, and there is a type for all tastes. It's Pattaya's answer to the famous Tawan Bar in Bangkok, no question about it.

The boys are all clad in very brief tiger-skin thongs. They don't really go-go dance. They mostly go into muscle competition poses. A couple were doing the usual "one-knee shuffle" though.

The music is loud, but not nearly as loud as many of the other bars in town. My ears were not throbbing when we left.

Drinks are 150 baht each, seemingly for no matter what you order. I had a gin and tonic. My boyfriend had a beer. Each was 150 baht. The "off" fee is 400 baht.

There were three negatives, in my opinion. One is the air conditioning. I thought it was too hot in there. The second is the location of the restroom. It's upstairs. I dislike having to climb a flight of stairs to use a toilet, but many bars have upstairs toilet facilities. The third is the seating. If you are in the front row seats, you're fine. You have plenty of leg room. But if you are in the seats in the back row, then you have to be a midget to be able to slide in. The couches are comfortable, but they are so close to the table, and the table is immobile, that you are going to have a problem sitting behind your table. You most likely will have to sit adjacent to it rather than have your table directly in front of you. I don't particularly like seating in which your knees have to almost be tucked under your chin just to sit down.

Other than that, no complaints. Those of you who like the muscle boys will definitely want to go to Crystal Bar. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Guest xiandarkthorne

Drinks are 150 baht each, seemingly for no matter what you order. I had a gin and tonic. My boyfriend had a beer. Each was 150 baht. The "off" fee is 400 baht.

Off fee of Baht 400? Isn't that higher than Bangkok prices?

Off fee of Baht 400? Isn't that higher than Bangkok prices?

I think so. Someone much more familiar with Bangkok "off" fees than I will have to answer that one.

With an "off" fee that high, then you can rest assured the boy is probably going to expect to be tipped far more money than most Pattaya bar boys. It would probably be a good idea to negotiate the tip before taking the boy "off," at least until a few people can post their experiences with these boys and let us know how much the Crystal Bar boys expect.

Guest buckeroo2

I also went to Crystals last night rather late - 12:30 AM or so. I did have a problem with the air-condtioning. The music was unusaul in that during my time there all of the songs were slow pop ballad - no fast disco-type music. The slow songs allowed the dancers to do a slow version of the serpent gyratioins so many guys do. Yes, a few were definitely muscle posers. And all of the guys are large. I swear one guy had thighs the size of my waist. And while they all have muscular chests/arms, many of them should spend a little time doing some sit-ups - many of the guys are pudgy around the middle. 150 baht a drink? really? I did not even notice - I drank beer and cola but I did not pay any attention to the cost. The bar seems to be owned/run by the same owners of Wild West. This bar is definitely not for anyone looking for small or femme guys. There were about 8-10 guys still available when I was there. Actually, I sort of enjoy a different type of Pattaya bar and this one - the slow music and the big guys will be appreciated by any guys into these amenities. Two of the waiters are favorites of mine formerly of Toy Boys. BTW, I left going on 2 AM and customers were still being served - maybe it was due to the fact that it was their opening night and also Valentine's Day.

I forgot to mention that they do have a show once per night (some bars have two shows a night). The mama-san, Tam, who some of you will recognize, said the show starts between 11:00 to 11:30 PM, depending on the number of customers. Usually, he said, they get started about 11:15 PM.

We were long gone by the time the show started, so I know nothing about the show. Perhaps someone who has seen it can provide us with a description of the show.

I forgot to mention that they do have a show once per night (some bars have two shows a night). The mama-san, Tam, who some of you will recognize, said the show starts between 11:00 to 11:30 PM, depending on the number of customers. Usually, he said, they get started about 11:15 PM.

We were long gone by the time the show started, so I know nothing about the show. Perhaps someone who has seen it can provide us with a description of the show.

Photos of the show opening night on my Valentines 2007 link in my site.

Guest xiandarkthorne

Thanks for the update, Khaolakguy. Last time I was in BKK, the off-fee was only Baht300. Guess the cost of living's gone up even more than I thought.

Thanks for the update, Khaolakguy. Last time I was in BKK, the off-fee was only Baht300. Guess the cost of living's gone up even more than I thought.

Few weeks ago, I paid 400 Bahts as well for the off Fee.

The bottle of water was 300 Baths. It has gone up for sure...

I was at the opening too.

This bar is obviously run by the same people as Wild West Boys (WWB). The compere for the evening was the same very petite ladyboy who ran Mr Pattaya at WWB a few weeks ago. The free VIP cards were handed ut by the same guy who ran the Raffle that night at WWB and the Boys were wearing the same pants as the lads in WWB. In fact some were recognisable from WWB and wearing the same numbers they wear in WWB!(No. 77 etc)

The VIP cards are identical to those in WWB, except fr the logo on the front, and the drink prices are the same too.

It remains to be seen whether the boys were planted for the first night or will be regulars. I doubt whether guys who regularly work in WWB would be happy in a new unproved bar rather than their normal bustling hangout.

Time will tell.

G

Guest xiandarkthorne

No, time is just passing faster than you realise. For how many years now have you been planning your next trip to Bangkok?

How many years? LOL...let me see....last time I was actually in Bangkok for THAT kind of a holiday was in 2003 because the three years after that, various relatives died just days or weeks before my birthday and made it impossible for me to come to Bangkok on the eve, pray at the Erawan shrine, confess my sins and then go out and collect a fresh batch for the year ahead. No funerals this year but I had surgery around that time, so it must be at least 4 years since I last came.

Gosh! I really do need a proper break as soon as I finish all my clients' books in April!

Guest thrillbill8

...finally a muscle bar in Pattaya for us guys who don't care for the skinny nellies... Does anyone know ifthese beefcakes are straight with an attitude or gay?

...finally a muscle bar in Pattaya for us guys who don't care for the skinny nellies... Does anyone know ifthese beefcakes are straight with an attitude or gay?

Str8 with or without attitude and gay for pay. I wouldn't get too excited if you are looking for new faces as the boys are mostly recycled from other bars.

Guest buaseng

I wouldn't get too excited about the muscles either (if you like that sort of thing). Judging from recently posted pictures of the boys from WWW and Crystal it looks as though about 80% of them are just plain over-weight, flabby and fat. Yuk !

Guest xiandarkthorne

I wouldn't get too excited about the muscles either (if you like that sort of thing). Judging from recently posted pictures of the boys from WWW and Crystal it looks as though about 80% of them are just plain over-weight, flabby and fat. Yuk !

I don't know about the rest of you but I like what I see in Boxer's photo galleries. Men with a little bit more, be it age, length, girth or muscles don't turn me off at all. I've never chosen to associate or sleep with men based on their lack of adipose tissue but if they are going to have attitudes( as GayButton says) like those from a certain other Bangkok bar I won't name, then thank you. I can do without those.