Guest Conway

The real is sliding back to reality...

Guest Conway

that's good news for lovers of Brazil and its boys. I'm headed there on Friday.

The real closed today at nearly $2.40 against the dollar. This is probably its highest point in over a year.

• Members

That is good news to hear for our Latin American fans.

However, the bad news is that the dollar is still in the crapper pretty much world wide and Bush and the Fed has no incentive to give it CPR. It seems it is better to give China boat loads of our cheap dollars.

Can you imagine the US and Canadian $s at parity? It's damn near there. Imagine US $ being declined in Montreal!!! .. if the trend continues. ;(

Actually, I doubt that will ever happen. We are, by far, their biggest trade partner so we'll probably drag them down with us. :o

• Members

>The real closed today at nearly $2.40 against the dollar.

>This is probably its highest point in over a year.

>

It is good news for us that are headed there but unfortuately it is the instability of the country that is causing the slide.

Guest Conway

KY, I have been in Brazil since the 27th and see no real effects of the riots of two weeks ago. Sao Paulo is as charming and sophisticated as ever.

Rio is , well, Rio. I have always felt the need to be more cautious here than in Sao Paulo.

Brazilians, generally, still seem to have the same fascination as to why Americans would want to travel here. And, the number of Americans I have met here this time has been far greater than in the past where I felt like a bit of an Island.

This was more of a budget trip for me than my last...fewer sauna boys and more tourism. And, I have really enjoyed it.

As for TY's contention above regarding the deficit, I couldn't agree more. I'm hopeful that the new Treasury secretary will have a positive influence on the Bush Administration where the trade deficit and debt are concerned. It has not been a priority at all for the last six years. Yet, he seems to have negotiated his way into a substantial policy role.

Unfortunately, among the Democratic contenders for the White House in 2008, I don't see anyone yet who seems to have an apropriate answer for the issues of the deficit and debt. If that candidate arises on the side of either party, he or she will earn my support as I believe that this is a vastly critical issiue for the United States.

Otherwise, our domestic economy is chugging along quite well, though I suspect rising fuel prices and interest rates are going to slow it a bit in the next quarter.

My belief is that the Fed will continue to increase long term interest rates for the next year in order to control domestic inflation. Thus far, it seems that Americans haven't blinked over higher fuel prices. In as much as higher fuel costs are here to stay, I expect that to change over the next few quarters.

• Members

>KY, I have been in Brazil since the 27th and see no real

>effects of the riots of two weeks ago. Sao Paulo is as

>charming and sophisticated as ever.

I have been in contact with a few that say the same as you about the riots. But we seem to forget the local currencies are not just affected by our countries policy and problems but also their own. The problems have had a effect upon the world's image of Brazil and how secure they feel the country is. Another example is Canada. With oil at the price it is, that is helping the Canadian currency and not just things that happen here in the US.

I am headed back to Brazil in August and plan my first trip to Sao Paulo then so I'll hope the currrency rate stays favorable.

When in Sao Paulo, make sure you have Danilo take you to the gay crusing park. I had such an amazing time there. It was fun to see all the gay guys there for hook ups.

I also enjoyed the saunas of course but I really like the discos and nightlife. The city is very gay friendly and if you know where to go, you will have the time of your life!

• Members

The only reason I am visiting Sao Paulo is because Danilo talked me into it on my last trip to Rio. Knowing Danilo I am sure he will have my Sao Paulo time very planned out.

The rio time is easy to plan for me now. Into the Sauna's by 3p and out about 10p. :+

Guest Funseeker22

>The rio time is easy to plan for me now. Into the Sauna's by

>3p and out about 10p. :+

Now that your milestone is coming up I guess it`s no disco and nightlife for you . :-) :-)

Guest fourjogran

Hey guys. Danilo also convinced me to visit Sao Paulo for four or five days when I return to Brasil next March. Let me know more about your experiences there. Am Sure Danilo will plan a very fun time for me.:P :P :P :P

• Members

>Now that your milestone is coming up I guess it`s no disco and

>nightlife for you . :-) :-)

I don't know about that. Danilo wants to show me the nightlife and with Brazil 2 hours ahead of me, I can stay up late and still get to bed at a decent hour. ;-)