TotallyOz

Fundraising

With the campaign season kicking off and the candidates working hard to raise funds, some candidates have already dropped out of the race as they have not raised enough money to continue. McCain has had to cut his staff in recent days. Both of the 2 front running Democratic candidates have raised over 30 million in the last reporting period. I am surprised that Obama has been able to keep up with the Clinton machine. Very impressive in my opinion.

Does all this money give a gadge of who the party is leaning toward? and who will get the nomination in the end?

Of course my favorite candidate has raised very little money and is the only one who is truly for peace immediately and has the voting record to show this.

Do any members here get involved in the fundraising of the parties? Or, do you give to your favorite only?

I gave a fair bit to Kerry in the hopes we would return to sanity. I am going to sit this one out, donation-wise. The amount of money being thrown around is staggering, isn't it?

I wish I could remember the reference, but I read a great article about a wealthy gay activist who started a push to give only at the local level with the intent of knocking out the psycho-conservatives before they could grow up to the national stage. Sounded like a great idea.

• Members
I wish I could remember the reference, but I read a great article about a wealthy gay activist who started a push to give only at the local level with the intent of knocking out the psycho-conservatives before they could grow up to the national stage. Sounded like a great idea.

I think you're referring to Tim Gill.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=11433268