payless

Thais see opportunity in gay divorce

It might be true if the "farang" lives in The Netherlands or Belgium. If not, then even if they went there to be married, how would such a thing be enforced a year or so later and how would the Thai boy file papers and go through whatever the proceedings are if they're not even in either of those countries?

Also, I have neither heard stories about anything like that happening nor have I heard about any "farang" being asked to go to either of those countries to be married and take up residence there.

Based on that, it sounds like just a rumor to me.

Guest Steve1903

Wouldnt work in the UK. Although same sex marriage is allowed it is referred to as a "civil partnership" and the law doesnt quite work the same as it does for a hetero relationship. I think if both stayed together for like a decade or more the partner might have a shout for some kind of claim but I doubt he'd get anywhere near 50/50.

Guest mgluyas

Face facts guys. we are guys and marriage is not part of what we are. What do we achieve other than pushing our lifestyle in the face of everyone else. Lets live our life and enjoy what we have; do we really need a legal document to say what we have. Do hetrosexuals need the same document. In history it really has all been about two people recoginising that they wish to spend the rest of theirlives together. Legally you can get beyond all the obsticales. I can leave my estate(such as it is) to anyone in the world. What is really left other than trying to make a statement. Lets just live our lives. Mys sister doesn't walk around with a tatoo on her forhead say she is hetrosexual, nor do I with one saying I am homosexual. Do we really want pink triangles?

Lets just be humans.

Sorry if this has gone overboard. I feel very strongly in that my life is not about who I sleep whith but who I am.

Michael

I feel very strongly in that my life is not about who I sleep whith but who I am.

That's fine and you are entitled to your opinion. However, this thread is addressing an entirely different issue, that being what gay partners may or may not be legally entitled to as a result of a marriage in locations where it is legal.

Guest kenrfc

Just the same as with some Thai (and other foriegn women) marrying foriegners just to get out of their country and getting divoriced after.

Marriage is for Shmucks!

Im with mgluyas. Let the Heteros keep it!

Guest mgluyas

Just the same as with some Thai (and other foriegn women) marrying foriegners just to get out of their country and getting divoriced after.

Marriage is for Shmucks!

Im with mgluyas. Let the Heteros keep it!

Thank you. I was a little over the top, but what we have is beyond the legal side of lfe