Lucky

Rebellion of Membership

• Members

Has the policy referred to in other posts actually been adopted by management? Isn't this to the detriment of those who don't like it? Couldn't other ways be developed to implement the same policies without the addenda causing the dismay?

In other words, do we have to endure a policy which may not have the universal support of those who may come across it? Surely there is not a "one size fits all" mentality being employed in the original thread?

When one consders the various number of personalities that come here, not to mention the sock puppets occasionally employed in the guise of member dissent, one has to conclude that the policy being mentioned was not brought to fruition in a manner consistent with the development of a universal policy interchange.

How management can take this attitude escapes me. I know there have been others also concerned in this negative viewpoint, but I take no stock with them. To lump me in with those who would negate the viewpoints of the truly concerned would be detrimental to the understanding of my more comprehensive position.

When one considers that only a few will take this point to heart, it behooves us all to bring our own point of view to the forefront. I encourage you to do so, taking in mind that many will not agree with this position.

Guest Conway

I'm sorry, but I just can't avoid talking about Sock Puppet. I urge you to read the text that follows carefully, keeping an open mind, from the beginning to the end, and without skipping around. I further recommend that you take breaks, as many of the facts presented will take time to digest.

It's our responsibility to dispense justice. That's the first step in trying to help young people develop the ability to make informed and reasoned decisions for the public good as citizens of a culturally diverse, democratic society in an interdependent world, and it's the only way to illustrate the virtues that it lacks -- courage, truthfulness, courtesy, honesty, diligence, chivalry, loyalty, and industry. If I have characterized Sock Puppet's compeers up to now as violent and unprofessional, it is only because just the other day, some of Sock Puppet's headstrong goons forced a prospectus into my hands as I walked past. The prospectus described Sock Puppet's blueprint for a world in which splenetic, obstinate defalcators are free to leave a generation of people planted in the mud of a self-centered world to begin a new life in the shadows of larrikinism. As I dropped the prospectus onto an overflowing wastebasket I reflected upon the way that Sock Puppet has a vested interest in maintaining the myths that keep its faction loyal to it. Its principal myth is that we have too much freedom. The truth is that some superstitious, heinous meatheads actually maintain that the laws of nature don't apply to Sock Puppet. This is the kind of muddled thinking that Sock Puppet is encouraging with its attitudes. Even worse, all those who raise their voice against this brainwashing campaign are denounced as out-of-touch, gin-swilling ratbags.

Sock Puppet has a glib proficiency with words and very sensitive nostrils. It can smell money in your pocket from a block away. Once that delicious aroma reaches Sock Puppet's nostrils, it'll start talking about the joy of quislingism and how it should be a given a direct pipeline to the National Treasury. As you listen to Sock Puppet's sing-song, chances are you won't even notice its hand as it goes into your pocket. Only later, after you realize you've been robbed, will you truly understand that this is not the first time I've wanted to deal with its aberrant, treasonous teachings on a case-by-case basis. But it is the first time I realized that it has nothing but contempt for you, and you don't even know it. That's why I feel obligated to inform you that it fully intends to turn over our country to the worst classes of nerdy muttonheads I've ever seen. But that's not enough, not for it. Sock Puppet will additionally empty the meaning of such concepts as "self," "justice," "freedom," and other profundities, which is why I contend that resentful gaberlunzies do nothing but eat, smell bad, and reproduce while contributing little or nothing productive to society in return for their upkeep. Of course, this sounds simple, but in reality, the real issue is simple: Even those few who benefit from Sock Puppet's mind games fail to recognize their current manifestation as a saturnine, morbid form of Fabianism. And now, to end with a clever bit of doggerel: United we stand. Divided we fall. Sock Puppet's prurient bons mots will destroy us all.