Guest EXPAT

Oscar Nominations Announced

List of 81st annual Oscar nominations is announced

Complete list of 81st annual Academy Award nominations announced Thursday:

1. Best Picture: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""Frost/Nixon,""Milk,""The Reader,""Slumdog Millionaire."

2. Actor: Richard Jenkins, "The Visitor"; Frank Langella, "Frost/Nixon"; Sean Penn, "Milk"; Brad Pitt, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler."

3. Actress: Anne Hathaway, "Rachel Getting Married"; Angelina Jolie, "Changeling"; Melissa Leo, "Frozen River"; Meryl Streep, "Doubt"; Kate Winslet, "The Reader."

4. Supporting Actor: Josh Brolin, "Milk"; Robert Downey Jr., "Tropic Thunder"; Philip Seymour Hoffman, "Doubt"; Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight"; Michael Shannon, "Revolutionary Road."

5. Supporting Actress: Amy Adams, "Doubt"; Penelope Cruz, "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"; Viola Davis, "Doubt"; Taraji P. Henson, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Marisa Tomei, "The Wrestler."

6. Director: David Fincher, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Ron Howard, "Frost/Nixon"; Gus Van Sant, "Milk"; Stephen Daldry, "The Reader"; Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire."

7. Foreign Film: "The Baader Meinhof Complex," Germany; "The Class," France; "Departures," Japan; "Revanche," Austria; "Waltz With Bashir," Israel.

8. Adapted Screenplay: Eric Roth and Robin Swicord, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; John Patrick Shanley, "Doubt"; Peter Morgan, "Frost/Nixon"; David Hare, "The Reader"; Simon Beaufoy, "Slumdog Millionaire."

9. Original Screenplay: Courtney Hunt, "Frozen River"; Mike Leigh, "Happy-Go-Lucky"; Martin McDonagh, "In Bruges"; Dustin Lance Black, "Milk"; Andrew Stanton, Jim Reardon and Pete Docter, "WALL-E."

10. Animated Feature Film: "Bolt"; "Kung Fu Panda"; "WALL-E."

11. Art Direction: "Changeling,""The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""The Duchess,""Revolutionary Road."

12. Cinematography: "Changeling,""The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""The Reader,""Slumdog Millionaire."

13. Sound Mixing: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""Slumdog Millionaire,""WALL-E,""Wanted."

14. Sound Editing: "The Dark Knight,""Iron Man,""Slumdog Millionaire,""WALL-E,""Wanted."

15. Original Score: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," Alexandre Desplat; "Defiance," James Newton Howard; "Milk," Danny Elfman; "Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman; "WALL-E," Thomas Newman.

16. Original Song: "Down to Earth" from "WALL-E," Peter Gabriel and Thomas Newman; "Jai Ho" from "Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman and Gulzar; "O Saya" from "Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman and Maya Arulpragasam.

17. Costume: "Australia,""The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Duchess,""Milk,""Revolutionary Road."

18. Documentary Feature: "The Betrayal (Nerakhoon),""Encounters at the End of the World,""The Garden,""Man on Wire,""Trouble the Water."

19. Documentary (short subject): "The Conscience of Nhem En,""The Final Inch,""Smile Pinki,""The Witness - From the Balcony of Room 306."

20. Film Editing: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""Frost/Nixon,""Milk,""Slumdog Millionaire."

21. Makeup: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""Hellboy II: The Golden Army."

22. Animated Short Film: "La Maison en Petits Cubes,""Lavatory - Lovestory,""Oktapodi,""Presto,""This Way Up."

23. Live Action Short Film: "Auf der Strecke (On the Line),""Manon on the Asphalt,""New Boy,""The Pig,""Spielzeugland (Toyland)."

24. Visual Effects: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""Iron Man."

---

Academy Award winners previously announced this year:

Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award (Oscar statuette): Jerry Lewis

Gordon E. Sawyer Award (Oscar statuette): Pixar Animation co-founder Ed Catmull

• Members

Oh-oh...I've got my work cut out for me;

1. Best Picture: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""Frost/Nixon,""Milk,""The Reader,""Slumdog Millionaire."

Only seen 1

2. Actor: Richard Jenkins, "The Visitor"; Frank Langella, "Frost/Nixon"; Sean Penn, "Milk"; Brad Pitt, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Mickey Rourke, "The Wrestler."

Only seen 1

3. Actress: Anne Hathaway, "Rachel Getting Married"; Angelina Jolie, "Changeling"; Melissa Leo, "Frozen River"; Meryl Streep, "Doubt"; Kate Winslet, "The Reader."

Only seen 1

4. Supporting Actor: Josh Brolin, "Milk"; Robert Downey Jr., "Tropic Thunder"; Philip Seymour Hoffman, "Doubt"; Heath Ledger, "The Dark Knight"; Michael Shannon, "Revolutionary Road."

A little better...seen 3

5. Supporting Actress: Amy Adams, "Doubt"; Penelope Cruz, "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"; Viola Davis, "Doubt"; Taraji P. Henson, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Marisa Tomei, "The Wrestler."

Seen 3

6. Director: David Fincher, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; Ron Howard, "Frost/Nixon"; Gus Van Sant, "Milk"; Stephen Daldry, "The Reader"; Danny Boyle, "Slumdog Millionaire."

Only seen 1

7. Foreign Film: "The Baader Meinhof Complex," Germany; "The Class," France; "Departures," Japan; "Revanche," Austria; "Waltz With Bashir," Israel.

None

8. Adapted Screenplay: Eric Roth and Robin Swicord, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"; John Patrick Shanley, "Doubt"; Peter Morgan, "Frost/Nixon"; David Hare, "The Reader"; Simon Beaufoy, "Slumdog Millionaire."

Seen 2

9. Original Screenplay: Courtney Hunt, "Frozen River"; Mike Leigh, "Happy-Go-Lucky"; Martin McDonagh, "In Bruges"; Dustin Lance Black, "Milk"; Andrew Stanton, Jim Reardon and Pete Docter, "WALL-E."

Only seen 1 ... I recommend In Bruges

None

11. Art Direction: "Changeling,""The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""The Duchess,""Revolutionary Road."

Seen 2... The Duchass is my next Netflix

12. Cinematography: "Changeling,""The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""The Reader,""Slumdog Millionaire."

Seen 2

13. Sound Mixing: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""Slumdog Millionaire,""WALL-E,""Wanted."

Seen 2 Wanted???

14. Sound Editing: "The Dark Knight,""Iron Man,""Slumdog Millionaire,""WALL-E,""Wanted."

15. Original Score: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," Alexandre Desplat; "Defiance," James Newton Howard; "Milk," Danny Elfman; "Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman; "WALL-E," Thomas Newman.

16. Original Song: "Down to Earth" from "WALL-E," Peter Gabriel and Thomas Newman; "Jai Ho" from "Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman and Gulzar; "O Saya" from "Slumdog Millionaire," A.R. Rahman and Maya Arulpragasam.

oh-oh ... seen 0

17. Costume: "Australia,""The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Duchess,""Only Milk,""Revolutionary Road."

Only seen 1

18. Documentary Feature: "The Betrayal (Nerakhoon),""Encounters at the End of the World,""The Garden,""Man on Wire,""Trouble the Water."

19. Documentary (short subject): "The Conscience of Nhem En,""The Final Inch,""Smile Pinki,""The Witness - From the Balcony of Room 306."

20. Film Editing: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""Frost/Nixon,""Milk,""Slumdog Millionaire."

21. Makeup: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""Hellboy II: The Golden Army."

22. Animated Short Film: "La Maison en Petits Cubes,""Lavatory - Lovestory,""Oktapodi,""Presto,""This Way Up."

23. Live Action Short Film: "Auf der Strecke (On the Line),""Manon on the Asphalt,""New Boy,""The Pig,""Spielzeugland (Toyland)."

24. Visual Effects: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Dark Knight,""Iron Man."

Yeah...seen all 3

So many this year with late and limited releases. I want to see; Milk, Revolutionary Road, The Wrestler, The Reader, Slumdog Millionaire, Changling, & Frost/Nixon.

Lot's to see.

• Members
I am so far behind as I have been out of USA for so long. I have to get to a city to see all these movies. I have really wanted to see Milk but not showed in any location I have been at.

Most of these should see wider and new releases since they're nominated. I'm going to see a couple this weekend.

I saw Revolutionary Road yesterday, and I enjoyed it, but I guess I wasn't as impressed.

The acting was brilliant, but relatively early it was clear to me more or less how this was going to end, so most of the time I was just watching the train wreck unfold.

I do recommend it though.

Guest mineallmine

I always really like the oscars more then any other award program accept maybe the Tony's. I play the oscar pick em game. I do pretty well. Anyone else play it or am I the only one? I really hope Kate Winslet wins for Revolutionary Road.

Guest mineallmine

I liked her performance in teh reader better as well. Unfortunately she wasnt nominated for it so I will take what I can get. She had two very powerful performances this year so I defineatly think she deserves the Oscar even though I really like Angelina in Changeling as well!

• Members
List of 81st annual Oscar nominations is announced

Complete list of 81st annual Academy Award nominations announced Thursday:

17. Costume: "Australia,""The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,""The Duchess,""Milk,""Revolutionary Road."

---

Academy Award winners previously announced this year:

Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award (Oscar statuette): Jerry Lewis

Gordon E. Sawyer Award (Oscar statuette): Pixar Animation co-founder Ed Catmull

Bump...With the MER contest and Academy Awards on Sunday I just wanted to get the full list of nominee's nicely provided by Expat back at the top of the forum.