TownsendPLocke

End of an Era-Numbers in WeHo going straight

• Members

Deciding to stop being vague about it Moz has announced Numbers will no longer be a gay venue.

Considering that 70% off his business is on the last fully gay night there(Saturday)this is a totally FAIL proposition.

Hope he can pay his bills in the pussy he hopes he will get out of this.

I give it 6 months max

Guest EXPAT

This is so stupid it's almost laughable. Anyone with business sense would know that it will never work in that location and with that name. Even with a name change it is going to be nearly impossible. Such a shame for the neighborhood and for the business.

• Members

Was it at least breaking even back when he 'tolerated' the bars' clientele or was going straight a desperate attempt to stay in business?

It seemed fairly busy the couple nights we met there, but maybe not busy enough considering how much of each day it sat empty and how many people were on the payroll (especially useless people like the manager...).

Maybe rentboy.com should buy it, Brandon seems to want to get back into hospitality management... ;)

Well that was quick

NUMBERS CLOSING THIS SATURDAY(9/12/2009)

It is up for sale-Totally Oz wanna buy a bar?

Well, I hope the new owners do better. I would love to buy the place. Is it cheap? JK

I would be a horrible businessman for a bar. I would want all the boys to drink for free and want them all to live me with. That would up my expenditures. ^_^ I think JKane got it right. This would be perfect for Brandon Baker!

• Members
For those of you that live out there,,,,, How many times now does this make that this has happened to the place? Can anyone return it to it's glory days?

It's at least the third major time. I thought 'digits' was a fiasco, but Moz trying to use it to get girls has to take the cake. So very sad.

Anybody got tabs on the sexy waiter/matre'D (never saw him at Moz's)?

Now there's no place I know of in Hollywood to go to reliably find a working boy...

• Members
I would think that keeping a gay bar a gay bar would be the best way possible to get girls.

With the exception of The Bear Cave all the gay bars here are crawling with girls and if you were one of only a couple dudes in there who likes pussy your odds would be really high because you have almost no competition.

Maybe that's what he was thinking--but man was he in for a disappointment. In its' glory days the only women at Numbers were older trannies and/or selling photos or rrrrroses.

It wasn't a 'gay bar', it was a hustler bar, which seems to be pretty different. Not many women (who've always been women) at The Spotlight either.

Speaking of which, now that it's practically the only game in town, has it picked up at all? Anybody been lately?

Gotcha.

There's a derth of hustler bars in France so my recent experience on that level is fairly low.

I get annoyed here because often the gay bars have more straight girls in them than gay boys - which is why I was happy when the Bear Cave created a men only policy. The downside is they won't let twinks in either and are heavy on leather scene guys, which doesn't really do it for me.