12is12

"corujinhas - the infamous hustler restaurant"?

Someone wrote that in the forum. Why is it "infamous"? Where is it located? when's a good time to visit? Any special going-ons? Details please.

the address is:

Pca. Serzedelo Correia, 9 - Copacabana. http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=9133504590505250902&q=corujinha&hl=en&cd=7&cad=src:kml_balloon&ei=dOg3S82nEKeIpATdgKmLDA One block in from the beach and about 4 blocks from the Atlantico Hotel where many gay travelers stay. Look for the yellow awning surrounding it. It is across the street from the block square park called Serzedelo Correia. Most tables are outside along a railing, if it's raining don't go, there will be few guys working. There is a indoor eating space but no one sits there unless you are Not interested in seeing who's working! Time to go is after 10:30 at night to about 1:00 a.m. Many sauna guys who did not get any work at the suanas will stop by to see if there is any potentional clients there. The nights really vary, on my last trip three weeks ago, several nights there were a dozen or more guys working, other nights 3 or 4. best nights seem to be thurs. - Sun. There are certain guys who will not work in the saunas but work here regularly.

Below is a guy who has been working reg. there for at least 4 years, never has worked in the sauna and has built up a steady clientle.

I have always enjoyed ending my night here. I like the atmosphere and the crowd. I also like the food and it is very inexpensive. You are never rushed to eat and the group is very laid back. I also have never been pressured here to buy a guy a drink.

Lastly, I met one of my favorite guys in all of Rio here! I thought I was going to marry him. I left him a wad of cash when I left and he put it in the bank. He called a week later to say his money was stolen. I asked him about the bank, and he said it was stolen from the bank. ^_^ I guess I have a lot to learn of the Brazilian Banking system.