TotallyOz

Brazil on a Budget - A Nutty TotallyOz Adventure

• Members

I got my final bill from the Marriott today. I stayed 7 nights with them in a one bedroom suite. Free breakfast every day and free Internet. The final cost of this stay 42R. That was the cost of the cheeseburger I ordered late one night. No other charges. YIPPEE!

PS. They also sent me a nightcap every night for free!

Oz, some may say that you have learned how to play the system. ;) I suspect differently. I suspect that you have bought the system. :lol: Your total past remunierations probably have tripped some trigger that caused you to be appointed a Member of the Board. :P The cheeseburger is a puzzle though. :huh:

Oz, some may say that you have learned how to play the system. ;) I suspect differently. I suspect that you have bought the system. :lol: Your total past remunierations probably have tripped some trigger that caused you to be appointed a Member of the Board. :P The cheeseburger is a puzzle though. :huh:

LOL No, no tricks here. Even thought close to Halloween!

• Members

Oz, give Danilo a "shout out" and a "hello" from Edward. He served as my ultimate guide when he was 18 and 19 years of age. How old is he now? He was such a sweetheart and great "eyecandy and company!"

And in terms of your banking situation not going through-- you answered your own question. Brasilian internet has not been brought up to speed to access US accounts for internet transactions--the same for Spain, but for Argentina, I reserved tickets while in the US.

Smooth traveling, my man. ...wish I were able to do so at this time-- perhaps next October for Brasil for me! A friend and I are planning on it!

Porto Alegre: Day 1

I decided to take TAM airline as the hotel told me that my status with Continental would most likely end up costing me less money with my extra bags. I did this and it was a great experience. The ticket was slightly over 400R but that was because I bought it so close to the time I was leaving.

I did leave from the smaller airport. The taxi was less than 20R and the airport is very close to the hotels. It was a quick 15-minute ride. I was very happy with that. TAM was easy to work with and took all my luggage free and asked no questions. I did get to the airport WAY too early. I didn’t know how fast things would be. Checked in with the airline in less than 5 minutes, went through security in even less time and sat waiting for the plane the rest of the time.

The airport in Porto Alegre was easy to get my luggage and get a taxi. The taxi knew where my hotel was and drove me straight there. The cost was 35R. He didn’t put a meter on so perhaps I got screwed. ☺ But, first time, I wasn’t sure so I just paid.

The Sheraton is a great hotel. They have me a great room on a high floor. There is a mall connected to the hotel so that you can just walk next door and get anything you want.

I met Tomcal and a friend of his around 5 for the saunas. Mezzininu was the sauna we went to and you need a map to get there as many of the taxi’s have a hard time finding it. Luckily Tomcal had a map. They showed me around and we then we all set for drinks. Both Tomcal and his friend are charming and great conversation.

Tomcal was right in that he knew I would love this place. HOLY SHIT. This was twink delight and if you are into lighter skin, this place is for you. I didn’t see one darker guy there all night. They had lots of boys with Latin looks and then quite a few of German / or white decent. It didn’t take me long to find my first boy for the night. He was a tall blondish 19-year-old twink. He had a perfect body and a nice cock. He was about to get his ticket to Thailand to visit me there. But, the sex was not as good as I had hoped. He was more of a get hard and fuck me hard kind of a boy with little foreplay. I needed a bit of foreplay to get to the fuck him hard part. So, it wasn’t a good match.

That was OK as there were about 10-20 more guys I would have easily gone with. My next guy was yummy, 18 years old, and did everything just right. A real charmer and great body and smile. He made me quite happy and I was thrilled with the programma.

The first guy asked for 70 and the other asked for 50.

Later, I met number 3 but was too tired to go another programma and I left my little magic pills in my room. We called him Little Man. He was a small, great body, nice dick, 18 year old. So, I asked him to meet me the next day. I don’t think he is going to be good sex as he said he doesn’t suck dick, doesn’t kiss and doesn’t get fucked. Tomcal asked him what he was good at and he said, “getting sucked.” Classic. I think we are all good at that. At least I know I am. But, ya know there are some lads that capture your attention and even if you think the sex is going to be bad, you want to try it anyway. This guy has such a nice personality that I wanted to try him anyway. So, if he is there tonight, I will.

All in all, I bought about 15 drinks, a platter of chicken, had two cabins and my bill came to only 103R. I was thrilled.

The rooms were better than the ones in Sao Paulo and larger. They had all condoms and lube in the room and there was no charge for it. Unlike many of the other saunas. I thought this was a great idea!

After that we went to an all you can eat Pizza place. It was yummy. It is done like the meat places but they bring Italian food to your table. The best was the desert pizzas. I was in hog heaven. I won’t even count the calories. The while chocolate with ice cream pizza was to die for. I didn’t get the name of the place but will try.

It was rainy last night and while in the restaurant, the rain stopped and we walked to Men’s Club. It was a 5-minute easy walk and felt very safe.

Men’s Club is new and very well done. They have a dance floor, pool room, dining room and bar. I believe they also have rooms upstairs for short time rent.

Many boys apparently come there after the saunas for fun or dates. It was quite nice as well.

I got home around 1AM and fell on my bed. That is the latest I have stayed out in ages and it is hard to keep up with Tomcal and his friend as they has boundless energy. But, I tried and I had a blast. Tom's friend speaks perfect Portugues so that was great and came in very handy at the saunas. I don't know how I would have known that Little Man was going to be so bad in sex if he had not been the go between. ^_^ I would have listened to his Portugese and assumed he was going to become my husband as he smiled the entire time he was saying he didn't do anything. ^_^ Day 1 in Porto Alegre was a success!

Now, lets see if Christian shows up at the sauna today to give me not so great sex and I fall in love with him anyway. If I can introduce Little Man to my Little Guy it would make Big Guy quite the happy man. ^_^

Mezzaninu

Rua Sao Salvador, 108

Proximo ao Bourbon da Assis Brasil

http://mezzaninu.net

tel: 51 3273.7776

Men's Club

Rua DR. Timoten N31

Porto Alegre

http://mensclub.com.br

tel: 51 3029.2532

• Members

Such a mixed blessing. As much as I enjoy these reports, they are driving me nuts. To think that such fun exists on the same planet, yet I am so far away from it. Well, Oz is doing a good job of representing all of us there, but I wouldn't mind joining him and Tomcal!

Oz, give Danilo a "shout out" and a "hello" from Edward. He served as my ultimate guide when he was 18 and 19 years of age. How old is he now? He was such a sweetheart and great "eyecandy and company!"

Thanks Axiom. You would know Danilo instantly as he is still that wonderful piece of eye candy. He is adorable. But, now he is like 24 or 25 and he works out every day with his new BF and his chest is big and his biceps are defined. He still has the twink face but with a Chelsea Guy body. IMHO, he looks fucking fantastic!

Such a mixed blessing. As much as I enjoy these reports, they are driving me nuts. To think that such fun exists on the same planet, yet I am so far away from it. Well, Oz is doing a good job of representing all of us there, but I wouldn't mind joining him and Tomcal!

LOL I wish you were here to have fun with us. How about planning to do this trip with me next time? I'd love the company!

MarcAnthony: Did I mention Twink Heaven? Spread my ashes here when I die.

Since Oz keeps forgetting to bring his camera to the sauna, I guess it's up to me to share some visual memories! The first pic is a 21 yr old guy I met Friday night and he is AMAZING! I went up with him to a room and we would not stop! we finished round one and I was going to reach for the towel next to the bed and he goes "no not yet" and proceded to start Round 2! Oz and my other friend were getting ready to sent out a search team for me, I guess I was up in the room almost 2 hours! Today he came over to the hotel at 3:00 , when he left and I met up at 5:00 with Oz and my friend I said "I am exhausted I don't think I will be able to do anything(or anyone)tonight at the saunas! I will let Oz finish the end to that story.

The second/third and fourth Pics are William who I met about 3 years ago and than about a year and a half ago disappeared and never saw him again...until tonight! Oz can verify that he has the most amazing green eyes! and an ass that is like two boulders! I am seeing him again tomorrow afternoon.

The fifth pic is Marcos, a 22 yr old who plays soccer for a semi pro league here and that's why I can't show his face. I original met him and his cousin about 2 years ago. He is one of the nicest guys and has a lean toned body with washboard abs and a beautiful 8"dick! He was at the sauna tonight for the first time in a year! He said he and his wife had a baby 5 months ago so he hasn't been around much the past year. ---to be con'd

Day 2: Porto Alegre

I am not sure I can remember all of the things that happened today as three was way too much for any one person to remember.

First, Tomcal and I had lunch near the hotel. We walked around the area and it is like a mini Beverly Hills. The one main street is very quaint with nice shops, antique stores and outdoor café’s. I really enjoyed the walk and there were cute boys at every turn. We found an outdoor café and relaxed and had a brunch.

I went to the mall next door to the Shearton to get stocked up on soda and water and do a bit of window browsing and exchange some money.

We met at 5 and went again to Mezzininu. On the way there, Tomcal said he was done for the day and was only coming along with us to keep us company. He had an afternoon appointment which had tired him out and he had no more energy. He said he boy just kept going on like the Energizer Bunny.

The Little Man from yesterday didn’t show. I waited for him for a bit and then went with another 18 year old. I really enjoy the atmosphere of this place. Tom was there and saw a boy he knew from years gone by and just have to go up to a cabine with him. Even though he said he was done for the day, he went up with the soccer guy.

Mezzininu had shows going on throughout the day. There were some sex shows on stage and some very sexy gogo boys including a set of twins.

Someone mentioned to Tom’s friend that the other sauna was having a party and it was a great time to go. So, we all headed over there. The sauna was Plataforma. This place was not as nice as the one we have been going to but it was a party and the place was packed, mostly with customers but lots of boys as well. I wasn’t really impressed with the interior of the place but when you find a hot boy, the decorations don’t seem to matter.

Tomcal was showing me around and all the sudden he meets another guy from years gone by (Tomcal is like the unofficial Mayor of the saunas in Porto Alegre). He looked at the guy (muscle guy pictures above) and immediately got a room. Now, remember this is after he told us the boy at the hotel wore him out and also after the soccer boy at the other sauna. He was gone for about 2 hours.

We went back to dinner at the Pizza place and had a nice meal. Again, my diet went out the window with the fucking dessert pizzas.

We went to 3 bars that are for geared toward working boys. Porto Alegre is a smaller town and they have this big scene here, which caters to sex. It is pretty amazing.

We went back to Men’s Club and it was slow so we headed to 2 others. The first one we sat on the patio and watched the boys coming in. These places don’t get busy until after midnight so it is a late night scene. All the boys that showed up gave us looks and made sure we knew they were available.

The next place had gogo boys and a dark room. The room is a 20R room that you can take a boy into for what you want. It got busy after 1AM. There were lots of guys and lots of boys. I got hit on my a very handsome older (by 40 years) bear. I like the bears in the woods but in the club?

I got to bed after 3AM. It was a very long and fruitful day. I really do like the scene here in Porto Alegre. The boys are much more easy going than the other cities and the place is comfortable to walk around at night.

Day 3: Porto Alegre

Today was my last day in Porto Alegre. I had a blast here and loved my time here. It will most defiantly be a place I come back to again and again. While many thing Porto Alegre is a small town, remember that its population is around 2 million. It is a very nice size city. I didn't feel unsafe at all here. I am sure there are areas that I should not be but I didn't see too many of them.

The main sauna here is great. I really enjoy it. I also enjoyed the bars.

The boys here are adorable. They are my type of boy. I had great sex and I really recommend the city! Twinks were in abundance if you take the time to find them. Most of the photos that Tomcal posts are more muscle guys but the twinks are here. He has said it over and over and I concur. I saw more twink here than I ever saw in the other cities. I'll be in Rio tomorrow so I'll know more about the twink scene there.

On Sundays, be careful. The shops don't open until 1PM. Many places are closed. The sauna was opened today and it was packed but mostly with customers. Why? Many of the boys went to the big soccer game in town. We watched it in the sauna today but that is not my thing so I concentrated on boys. Again, I went with the same guy today as I have the last 3 days. In fact, in 3 days I have had 4 programmas with him. He is adorable!

I also played around with a tall slender 19 year old raver and a 19 year old boxer. Tons of under 22 year old at the sauna!

I stayed at the Sheraton and used my points. It was another free holiday.

• Members

Day 3: Porto Alegre

Today was my last day in Porto Alegre. I had a blast here and loved my time here. It will most defiantly be a place I come back to again and again. While many thing Porto Alegre is a small town, remember that its population is around 2 million. It is a very nice size city. I didn't feel unsafe at all here. I am sure there are areas that I should not be but I didn't see too many of them.

Oz,

Thanks for sharing your trip with us. It has been fantastic voyeur experience for those of us stuck at home. I have been very interested in PA since Tomcal began posting about it. Sounds like my kind of place although I'm sure I would love Rio and SP too. Good luck in Rio although I know luck has nothing to do with it. ;)

Day 1: Rio de Janeiro

My one way ticket from Porto Alegre to Rio was about 480R. Again, I booked last minute and used TAM. It is about a 2 hour flight. It was pretty fast and painless.

At the airport, I used the taxi service outside of the baggage to book a taxi to Sao Conrado. It cost 103R. I paid it as I didn't want to take a regular taxi.

I am at the Intercontinental Hotel in Rio. It is a great luxury hotel spa. It has 2 great pools and the beach waves are heard from my room. Again, I am doing a cheap gay brazil trip so I used points. It cost me 30,0000 points per night. This is 2 times or more the rate the Renaissance in Sao Paulo cost.

My taxi the hotel takes me close to the beach and I spotted a boy I knew from years ago. I had the driver stop and I said hi and he met me at the hotel to spend the night with me. We ordered room service and just sat on the balcony for hours looking at the ocean.

The hotel gave me a great 1 bedroom suite with living room and a fantastic bathtub fit for 3 or 4. ^_^

I didn't do anything for the first day but hang with my friend. I met him 7 years ago and have always enjoyed his company.

Day 2 gay Rio De Janeiro

There are many reasons they call it Gay Rio. One that I love is the eye candy and all the beautiful boys. You can't help but notice it everywhere you look.

I went to Club 117 today. That is in Gloria. I had a blast. I was there about 3-4 hours ahead of Tomcal and his friend. I had a great short time with a guy I met and then I met a lovely lad that I just relaxed with on the couches. He was a great kisser and then we made out for about 2 hours. He says he wants to stay with me all week but a friend told me he was a bit of a scammer. So, I'll just have to wait and see.

We then went to Meo Mundo. The boys at this sauna are cute but they are not as polished as Club 117. From what Tomcal says, they tend to start at Meo Mundo and then advance to the other saunas. There were several hotties I wanted to visit but I knew my surfer boy was spending the night with me so I didn't want to expend energy.

We ate dinner at Porcao Ipanema. It is one of my favorite places in Rio. We were celebrating Tom's friends birthday as well as Tomcal's anniversary (9 years of hoing in Brazil). ;)

My surfer boy showed up again at midnight and spent the night with me. Being a surfer at 18 is cute. Being one at almost 30 isn't. ^_^ But, he is still adorable and has grown into a nice young man.

Guest lurkerspeaks

Oz,

I want to thank you so much for your reports on Rio.. I was supposed to be there myself in just a couple more weeks, but due to an unexpected loss of job, I had to cancel my plans. So I am living vicariously thru your reports...The only thing missing is the photos..*hint, hint**.

The good news for me is that as of yesterday, I accepted a new job offer, so with any luck, I will be able to take vacation around May, and once again head to Rio...It wont be for my birthday celebration as the trip in November was supposed to be, but I am sure it will be a great time none the less. So until I can make it back down south, please keep all of us updated with your reports.

• Members

Lucky, your thoughts are mine---exactly! Obrigado!!

Getting ready for my nightly overnight surfer boy. Just got back from my day and had a great time. Will work on detail tomorrow. However, just let me say:

No where else on earth can you get a masculine muscle boy with a think 8 inch dick to sit on your and ride you for an hour, his rock hard dick pounding against your stomach as he moans and groans (I hope for "pretend" pleasure but as it is Portuguese, who knows?) and then with you simultaneously cums on your chest. Gallons of jizz shooting on your chest, over your head and on the wall behind the bed.

Wow! What a night! viva Brazil!

Of course my two, don't compare to Tomcal as he had 4 before he showed up at the sauna and then said he wasn't interested in seeing anyone as he had a 9PM appointment. Then, he sat down for drinks and all the boys started flocking to him and he lined up 1,2,3. If I added correctly, I think that makes like 8 today. I can't keep up. Even with purple help, I can't keep up! After this vacation, I'm going to need a holiday!

The Atlantico Hotel's internet has been down for 4 days so I haven't been able to post..and now its going in and out so going to keep this short. It has been great being here with OZ, although I only saw him briefly last night at 117, than he disappeared! lol When we met at 117 yesterday, OZ was sitting with one of the Twins I had met about 4 years ago, really a good guy, then a few minutes later a guy who was at a birthday party thrown for me by the owner of MM 3 years ago walked in, I hadn't seen him in a long time and he looked great and just as I was making arrangements with him, another guy walked in and my ADD kicked in and I ended up with him.

The saunas have been busy on different nights, last Monday both MM and Pointe were both good, on Tuesday you could have shot a cannon off at MM and not hit anyone! Last night was pretty busy at Pointe when I got there after MM.

This trip I have had two guys staying over every night, one is Tiago who I met last trip, twink type, beautiful eyes and Big dick, and Andre, a 21 yr. 6'2", muscular quarterback type who has a incredible body, small waist, muscled chest and a butt like to boulders! They both leave to work at the saunas when I leave at 5:00 every day, since they are working at Pointe I go there last and we leave at 10:00 and than we go to dinner. Tonight Andre is taking us to a Bar somewhere downtown that he says only locals know about. The three of us get along really well, so they are going to spend the next three nights here as well until I leave on Monday.

I can't download pics yet but hopefully will have some soon.

Thumper...Mezzininu's website has never worked and the owner doesn't seem to care, I talked to him about it last weekend, but he says 99.9% of this customers are locals(we were the only non Porto Alegre guys there) since P.A. isn't a tourist town so he really doesn't care whether it works or not, he doesn't see any value in it in his particular circumstances. The Men's Club is only about 3 or 4 weeks old, so they probably dont' have it up and running yet.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly on Gay Saunas in Rio De Janeiro

First, Rio is amazing. The saunas are fantastic. If you like men, you will not be able to visit the saunas and not find someone you want to take with you for a short time. If you like young boys, Rio is not the place for you. Even the 18 year olds here fuck like men.

The legal age to get into the saunas is 18 so you will never have a problem with age if you are picking up in the saunas. They are very strict about enforcing the age requirements. They have good reason to do so. The saunas here make a fortune. It is a great business and I can’t imagine a good sauna not making a great deal of money for the owners.

You can get ripped off by guys promising to do things they don’t do. But, I have found that very rare here. It has only happened to me a few times in many visits. For the most part, the boys are honest in what they do. If you spend a few days in any one sauna, you will learn a great deal about who to do with and who not to go with. If you are lucky enough to have a guide that has been here before, then you are golden. On this trip, Tomcal showed me around even though I have been to every sauna we went to, he knew the ins and outs of many of the boys that I would not have gone with had he not been with me. And, the guys I went with did not want a bad reputation with him so they delivered on what they said they would do.

It is always nice to travel in a group, as you will find there are more ways to have fun. I got to talk and chat and bullshit with some of Tomcal’s guys while he was with another one of his admirers. It is always fun to chat with the boys here and when there is a connection you have with them, even if that connection is another Gringo, it is a conversation starter. Tonight at Meio Mundo, I was meeting Tom and got there about an hour before him and the place was dead. His boy was there and sat with me. He let me practice my Portugues and he practices his English for an hour before Tomcal arrived. It was a great deal of fun for me and I really enjoyed the conversation.

Each sauna has pluses and minuses. I’ll be to be as thorough as I can with the ones I visited.

Club 117

Rua Cândido Mendes, 117 - Glória Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 20241-220, Brazil - (0xx)21 2252-0160

This has been my favorite for many years. It is clean and well-run. The cost is about 35R. Most of the boys will ask for 100R and some even more. They have added a back “balcony” room that is open air that has seats for about 50. It is a nice place to relax with comfortable chairs and tables and a bar. There are 3 different bars in Club 117. All have a bit of a different feel. The outside one is relaxed and low key. The top floor inside one has loud music, a bit darker and is where all the shows and gogo boys are. The one on the lower level is a food area and behind the boys lockers. If you have never been before, go to each one and have a drink and find the place you feel comfortable. Just don’t forget to walk around a bit so you don’t miss anyone that is spectacular.

The rooms at 117 are clean and nice. They are not as nice as the ones in Porto Alegre but they are OK. They all have clean showers and hot water and air conditioner. They do not provide condom and lube for you in the room so you need to get that when you rent the room and that fee is extra.

The boys at 117 vary from twinks to muscle boys to everything in between. If you like black, they are there. If you like surfer boys, they are there. If you like older hairy men, they are there as well. I find that of the 3 saunas in Rio, this is the one that I have always had great luck and feel very comfortable in. I have never been in the club where I did not have at least 1 of not 3 boys I wanted to spend time with.

Club 117 is easily assessable via subway from the beach areas and it is in a safe area. I have never felt uncomfortable in the club or the area.

Club 117 is closed on Mondays. So Tuesdays are packed!

Pointe 202

Copa, Rua Siqueira Campos, 202, 3816-1757

This is the muscle boy sauna. Again, they have remodeled it since my last visit here. This place is packed with muscle boys and seems to be a great deal of really sweet men. The twinks here are few and far between.

IMHO, this bar is the most expensive of the saunas. The boys ask for more, seem to have been around the longest and are a bit more professional than the other saunas. The place is really well done and the rooms are comfortable with showers. Like all the saunas, they have video rooms where the boys watch straight porn to get hard and they let their good hang loose.

This sauna is in a safe area as well and I feel find going into this sauna and have never had an issue. It is right up the road from The Atalntico so many guys will go here before they go to another club. Of all the saunas, this has always been my least favorite. However, when I brought my NYC boyfriend here, this was the sauna we got all the boys from as he loved an older masculine top to fuck his brains out. This place has that in abundance!

New Meio Mundo

Rua Teofilo Otoni, 18

Rio de Janeiro

Phone

+21 2233-093

This has been a surprise for me on this trip. I have been there many times in the past and left with little to no one. I did not like the look of the place and was never comfortable there. However, Tomcal convinced me to try again and I am glad I did.

Of the three saunas that deal with moneyboys, this is the one that had the boys I like the most. They had tons of hot twinks and slender boys there. In fact, I had more boys from this sauna than I did from the others combined. The place is about the same cost as the other saunas but the drinks are cheaper.

Now for the bad. There are no showers in any of the rooms here. Of the three, while this one has been remodeled by the owners it is not up to par with the others. It has come a long way since I was last there but it has a long way to go still. The rooms are VERY bare and simple. Of all the saunas I have had a short time in, this is the one that I dread the most. But, like all things, if there are sexy boys, you tend to go to a room anyway and I did at least 2 times every day I was there. So, while I may bitch and be prissy about the rooms, in the end, if a place a beautiful boys, you say fuck it and go anyway. That is what I did. I am told the owner bought the building next door and is going to put in more rooms there. I hope this is the case. If so, he better put a shower in some of them.

All the guys are Meio Mundo were asking for 60R. I didn't have anyone ask for more. They seem to be more realistic when it comes to prices and I did not have anyone not want to go for 60-70R.

The owner is a nice guy and I met him on my first trip to Rio. I didn’t know he was the owner until this trip. He is a sweet guy and is really trying to make the place compatible with the others. I never went to this sauna without finding 5 or more boys I wanted to be with.

Meio Mundo is closed on Sundays. If you want one of their guys for the weekend, be sure to place in advance as many do not come on Saturday and I missed out on my favorite boy who I was going to get for a weekend but I did not place in advance.

Also, like all saunas, if you see someone you like, talk to them immediately. If you snooze you loose. I missed on guy that I really wanted because he was chatting with customers. I should have waited patiently for him to walk away and then chat. Instead he left the club and did not return. Don't be shy. Approach a boy or just smile at him. That is about all it takes to get their attention.

Also, if you are going to make out with a boy and yank on his dick for an hour, tip him. He is working. Don't be a dick!

So, there you have it. This is my take on the saunas on this trip. For boys, I’d rate Meio Mundo, Club 117 and Pointe 202 in that order. For rooms, I rate Meio Mundo at the end.

If you can't find a boy in Rio, you are dead anyway and there is no hope for you. Just call it quits and get married to a woman. ^_^ If you like men and don't mind paying, Rio can be heaven! Treat the boys well and they will do the same for you. My nightly overnight boy I met when he was 18 is with me every night and is amazing. He is now 32 (according to hotel) so his 18 was really a 25 but he still looks amazing and the sex has only gotten better with him as time goes by.

If you have been dreaming of taking a trip to Rio, plan it out in advance. It is an amazing opportunity! Don't miss out on all the fun before the US dollar gets even worst!

• Members

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly on Gay Saunas in Rio De Janeiro

First, Rio is amazing. The saunas are fantastic. If you like men, you will not be able to visit the saunas and not find someone you want to take with you for a short time. If you like young boys, Rio is not the place for you. Even the 18 year olds here fuck like men.

If you have been dreaming of taking a trip to Rio, plan it out in advance. It is an amazing opportunity! Don't miss out on all the fun before the US dollar gets even worst!

Wow seems like the weak $ has made it quite expensive there. If I understand you the boys want a 100 and add the room etc , short time now cost $100US and will only get worse. Even though I know you are not paying for your Hotels this trip, I would assume the Hotels and nice restaurants have also become quite expensive/

Certainly not the budget destination of a few years ago!!!!

Wow seems like the weak $ has made it quite expensive there. If I understand you the boys want a 100 and add the room etc , short time now cost $100US and will only get worse. Even though I know you are not paying for your Hotels this trip, I would assume the Hotels and nice restaurants have also become quite expensive/

Certainly not the budget destination of a few years ago!!!!

All the boys at Meio Mundo asked for 60R. The ones in Porto Alegre were asking for 50R. The ones at 117 asked for 100 or 150 and I said no and all but one went lower. Take the 60R average for Mieo Mundo and then another 25 for the room and it is 85R for the short time. But, remember there are 2-3 nights that the rooms are free in Rio so you will get out a bit cheaper than that. AND, Meio Mundo has some rooms that are always free. They are VERY VERY VERY basic and you put your own sheet on the bed, but hey, it saves a few bucks. Or, take them to your hotel for the night. Most are not only willing to go but want to stay with you. I had many request that but I had my regular boy every night.

All in all the exchange rate does suck for Americans.

I did not mention how much I paid for the hotel cars each way to the saunas but am working on another post with that detail. My end conclusion is that the area I stay in is too expensive and next trip, I'll try Copa and the Atlantico.

I am actually sitting in pointe 202 sauna sending this on my IPhone they have wifi now but this is going to be a short message as there are about 25 naked guys walking

around and I need to meet the ones I don't know! Happy Halloween!

Guest lurkerspeaks

My end conclusion is that the area I stay in is too expensive and next trip, I'll try Copa and the Atlantico.

there is some good news/bad news as far as hotels go in Rio...Bad news is that the hotel rates keep going up with no relief in site. When I went in November of '08, Gary from GTB negotiated a rate of right around $100 for a standard room at the Atlantico.. in November of '09, that same room (now called deluxe) was around $115..and for this year, it had gone up even more.. And anyone who has stayed there can vouch for this, the Atlantico has a great location and a very liberal visitor's policy, but the rooms/hotel itself is not anything fancy.

The good news is that Gary will be in Rio for Thanksgiving, and he is previewing several agencies which specialize in vacation rentals in Rio..They have many options ranging from basic accomodations to luxury penthouses, with everything in between. Imagine renting your own apartment for your stay, complete with its own private hottub and/or pool. Many of these apartments can be had for much less than the hotels.. The down side is no breakfast included--no room service..and no "points" with your favorite hotel chain.

Most of them claim to have 24 hour doormen for the buildings..If you travel with a friend, imagine booking a really nice two bedroom apartment to share, and spending much less than two separate hotel rooms... I look forward to hearing from Gary in a month when he returns with his report.

• Members

there is some good news/bad news as far as hotels go in Rio...Bad news is that the hotel rates keep going up with no relief in site. When I went in November of '08, Gary from GTB negotiated a rate of right around $100 for a standard room at the Atlantico.. in November of '09, that same room (now called deluxe) was around $115..and for this year, it had gone up even more.. And anyone who has stayed there can vouch for this, the Atlantico has a great location and a very liberal visitor's policy, but the rooms/hotel itself is not anything fancy.

The good news is that Gary will be in Rio for Thanksgiving, and he is previewing several agencies which specialize in vacation rentals in Rio..They have many options ranging from basic accomodations to luxury penthouses, with everything in between. Imagine renting your own apartment for your stay, complete with its own private hottub and/or pool. Many of these apartments can be had for much less than the hotels.. The down side is no breakfast included--no room service..and no "points" with your favorite hotel chain.

Most of them claim to have 24 hour doormen for the buildings..If you travel with a friend, imagine booking a really nice two bedroom apartment to share, and spending much less than two separate hotel rooms... I look forward to hearing from Gary in a month when he returns with his report.

It will be interesting to see that report. In the past those apartments have turned out to be nothing like the photos and still pretty expensive.

I have been to Rio 1/2 dozen times and have always found the Hotels to very expensive for the quality of the rooms etc. IMHO the Atlantico is a dump . I admit to being prejudiced here but for what the Atlantico charges , I can stay in fabulous 5 star Hotels in Thailand. Likewise to get a Hotel comparable to the 5 stars in Thailand, I have to pay 2 to 3 times the price.

This is not to say that Brazil is not a great destination, just that since Hotels are usually a major part of expense on a trip, a Brazil vacation will cost considerably more then a Thailand vacation. Of course the airfare is a little more to Thailand .

These comparisons change according to the vagaries of the strength of the Dollar and the currency of the destination. A few years ago Brazil was a much bigger bargain. Of course a few months ago when the Euoro tanked, Prague was an unbelievable bargain.

The moral of the story is to be aware of the exchange rates and if you want the most bang for your buck , you may find one destination offering way more for your money including the price of Boys.

Or of course you could just follow OZ and use points or miles. Oh wait a minute , how much do you have to spend to get those points???? Maybe OZ will share??????

Gary from GTB negotiated a rate of right around $100 for a standard room at the Atlantico..

Who is Gary? I thought GTB was a forum site. No?

Or of course you could just follow OZ and use points or miles. Oh wait a minute, how much do you have to spend to get those points???? Maybe OZ will share??????

Share how much I spend? Or, share the points? ^_^ In the first case, I plead the 5th. On the latter, no points left to share. ;)