Gaybutton

July 29 & 30 - Closings for Holidays - Where Can I Find Boys?

July 29 is "Asanha Bucha Day," a major religious holiday in Thailand just before the beginning of Buddhist Lent. I understand that several Bangkok bars have announced they will be closed. I have not yet heard anything about the Pattaya bars, but I have a feeling they might be closed for at least one of those two nights. Anyway, I have not heard anything official as yet.

Both Sunday and Monday, July 29 and 30, are public holidays, which means that all banks and government offices, including the Immigration office, will be closed. Everything will re-open on Tuesday. ATMs will, of course, be working, but bank exchange offices will probably be closed. If you are in Thailand using travel checks, you might want to make sure you have enough cash to get you through Sunday and Monday.

Usually, when holidays that mean bar closings come up, we get questions to the effect of, "I'm here on a holiday. If the bars are going to be closed, where can I find boys?"

There are plenty of places to find boys besides bars. There are certainly alternatives. The bars might be closed, but I haven't heard anything about the saunas being closed. If they're open, in Bangkok there is the Babylon Sauna and in Pattaya there is the Sansuk Sauna. If the bars are closed, the massage parlors will probably also be closed, but it can't hurt to check.

We've talked about Saranrom Park in Bangkok before. This might be a good time to try it. Take a look at these two threads for information about Saranrom Park:

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.ph...amp;hl=saranrom

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/index.ph...amp;hl=saranrom

In Pattaya the beaches will be open and there are always plenty of available boys at the beach.

I don't go to Bangkok very often. Perhaps some of you who know Bangkok quite well can suggest alternatives. I understand that just outside Robinson's, at Silom, there are still plenty of boys to be found, but I've never even tried looking there. I have no idea.

If the bars are closed you can make prior arrangements with boys before the days the bars will be closed. In Pattaya, even if the bars are closed, other alternatives include simply walking through the gay areas. You're sure to find boys looking for customers. Several freelancers hang around the lobby of Howard's Hotel. You'll find available boys working as waiters in restaurants too. You might be able to make arrangements during their non-working hours. At the Clubber's restaurant in Sunee Plaza, some of the waiters are even available for "off."

At night, on the Beach Road side, there are usually a few boys freelancing right at the entrance to the Royal Garden shopping mall.

You can also get online and look for boys on some of the web sites. Gay Romeo, Gaydar, Cruising for Sex, Thaiboy.net, among others are popular. I don't look at the "hook-up" sites very often, so maybe others here can make some recommendations as to other web sites to check. I always recommend caution, however, when hooking up with someone you find online. Most of the time everything is just fine, but there are some criminals looking for victims too. Just be careful.

Anyone else who has suggestions for where to find available boys besides the bars, please post.

We've talked about Saranrom Park in Bangkok before. This might be a good time to try it.

Good information GB, thank you.

From what I understand from reading the thai boards, it seems there are not as many boys as before now in the Wat Saranrom area, because of a heavy police presence. There are still boys however, not only in the Park but also in the whole area (Defence Ministery, Interior Ministery, in front of Wat Pho) ; the place being quite large, it is strongly advised to use a taxi for cruising the place.

Another advice would be to bring your own gel and condoms because the boys do not carry them any more for fear of being arrested (this could be regarded as a proof that they sell themselves).

From what I understand from reading the thai boards, it seems there are not as many boys as before now in the Wat Saranrom area, because of a heavy police presence.

That heavy police presence was during the aftermath of the coup. I have been in that area several times since then and not only were there plenty of boys, but I observed no police presence at all.

However, because of the protests in Bangkok I have been reading news items that say there will be a very heavy police presence this holiday weekend. Whether that will include the Wat Pho - Saranrom Park area (only one block apart from each other) remains to be seen.

In any case, my experience has been that there are plenty of boys available from that area. As a matter of fact, the only time I experienced "slim pickings" from that area was the one time I took a friend with me to show him what it's all about. Naturally, Murphy's Law prevailed and there were hardly any boys at all. But he did end up with one he liked and he later told me that boy gave him the best bj he's ever had in his life.