TotallyOz

The New Crown Plaza Hotel in Bangkok

I stayed at the Crown Plaza hotel recently and it is lovely. It is the old Pan Pacific Hotel and it is less than 5 minute walk to the gay gogo bar area and to Silom 4. The hotel is on Rama 4 Road and easy access to the Sky Train. They have a VIP floor that is great with lots of amenities.

I have always stayed at the Intercontinental or Four Seasons and recently the Marriott Executive. The Crown Plaza is great for LOCATION. You don't need Tuk Tuks or Taxis. It is easy to get everywhere and I'm glad I found this place!

• Members

I must be getting easy in my old age. I have stayed at the Crown Plaza LAX at least 20 times for a Priceline rate of $40 and found it just fine. Slept great and heard no noise. True it could use some updating but for a 12 hour stay in Lax all I want is a comfortable bed and a quiet room which I have always gotten.

For $40 you can't ask for much more!!!

• Members

I must be getting easy in my old age. I have stayed at the Crown Plaza LAX at least 20 times for a Priceline rate of $40 and found it just fine. Slept great and heard no noise. True it could use some updating but for a 12 hour stay in Lax all I want is a comfortable bed and a quiet room which I have always gotten.

For $40 you can't ask for much more!!!

Did you ever stay on the fourth floor? It's the Priceline floor, so named because that's what they give Priceline customers. It's totally shabby. The clerk said he'd give me a room on the quieter side of the hotel. Right. The A/c was so incredibly loud (and old) that I shut it off and opened the window. If that was the quiet side...

• Members

Now that I recall, I stayed at the Pan Pacific when they had a soft opening years ago. They claimed that they had no construction going on, but all day the noise was clear from whole floors of rooms that workmen were inside the rooms, but they denied to my face at the front desk that any construction was underway. I checked out and they didn't care. The lobby is about 28 floors up, or was, and the elevators were not air-conditioned. Glad to hear that Crowne is giving it a go. I hope they make it work. I did like the room.

• Members

Did you ever stay on the fourth floor? It's the Priceline floor, so named because that's what they give Priceline customers. It's totally shabby. The clerk said he'd give me a room on the quieter side of the hotel. Right. The A/c was so incredibly loud (and old) that I shut it off and opened the window. If that was the quiet side...

Actually always on a high floor but it is always a sat or sun when Hotel is empty..

• Members

I stayed at the Crown Plaza hotel recently and it is lovely. It is the old Pan Pacific Hotel and it is less than 5 minute walk to the gay gogo bar area and to Silom 4. The hotel is on Rama 4 Road and easy access to the Sky Train. They have a VIP floor that is great with lots of amenities.

I have always stayed at the Intercontinental or Four Seasons and recently the Marriott Executive. The Crown Plaza is great for LOCATION. You don't need Tuk Tuks or Taxis. It is easy to get everywhere and I'm glad I found this place!

What's the visitor's policy like at this hotel, Oz?

What's the visitor's policy like at this hotel, Oz?

I didn't get a chance to test this many times. I ended up with only 2 nights there out of a 5 night stay. I had problems with the service and then with the Internet. I am not sure how much of it was me being a diva and how much was they just changed over to the "IHG" group and the old guard does not know how to take care of priority club members. I left early but I'll say that they did apologize for a few things on check out and ask me to give it another try. While my stay wasn't good with them, the location was perfect and I will give them another try in the future.

Stayed there during Songkran, was upgraded to a suite (I normally stay in Intercontinental too) but this hotel is great for locations and has the best shower I ever had in a hotel room!!!

Never have problem taking boys back (I had breakfast with different boys every morning in the hotel), not a worry at all.

• Members

Stayed there during Songkran, was upgraded to a suite (I normally stay in Intercontinental too) but this hotel is great for locations and has the best shower I ever had in a hotel room!!!

Never have problem taking boys back (I had breakfast with different boys every morning in the hotel), not a worry at all.

Thanks for your response to this query!!