demedici

Curitiba Tips

• Members

Does anyone have recent experience in Curitiba they could share? Mix Brasil lists Clube 773 as one with garotos de programa, but I am curious if anyone's been there or somewhere else worthwhile. I plan on travelnig there in a few weeks.

My experiences in Curitiba are pretty good... The one You mention it is not the nicest. I have been several times in Clube 520 (av. Senador Souza Naves, Nr.520), the best sauna with boys in Curitiba.. But there is another one near (walking distance) Praça Santos Andrade: Sauna Opinião (Rua Amintas de Barros, 749-Alto da XV). Have a nice stay in Paraná (and visit Iguaçú falls, if possible).

Epi

• Members

My experiences in Curitiba are pretty good... The one You mention it is not the nicest. I have been several times in Clube 520 (av. Senador Souza Naves, Nr.520), the best sauna with boys in Curitiba.. But there is another one near (walking distance) Praça Santos Andrade: Sauna Opinião (Rua Amintas de Barros, 749-Alto da XV). Have a nice stay in Paraná (and visit Iguaçú falls, if possible).

Epi

Thanks for the info Epi. I will definitely give 520 a try.

• Members

If you go to the waterfalls, it is an absolute must to take the helicopter tour. You just have to.

The massiveness of Iguacu cannot be comprehended from the viewing platforms in either Argentina or Brazil. Also the mid-river is okay, but not like the helicopter.

Another must-see id the private guided tour of the inside of the Itaipu dam. Not even expensive. But just an incredible way to see what of man's most incredible engineering triumphs.

Well, guys, I'll do my best but please do not forget I'm using a foreing language, not too familiar for me :rolleyes: ... the good thing when you are Spanish speaker is that there are no communication problems with the boys in Brazil!

I have been only in those three saunas: 520, Opiniâo and Clube 773. There are others, maybe without boys.

Clube 773 and Opiniâo are in the city center. The first is the worst: more a bar than a sauna, and not too nice. Boys are ok, though. Opiniâo is better, located in a three-story house and there are always some attractive guys. In both I had a 'programa'.

Sauna 520 is located in a residential neighborhood. A nice house, with large facilities (nice bar and resting area), large steambath, a decent pool.. even some free rooms. Every type of boys, from muscular to twink (the last ones dominated the scene in my last visit, not my cup of tea). You may find there young not-working guys, also some cruising is possible aswell.

Have good luck in Curitiba! (And do visit the Oculo-Museum, by the great architect Oscar Niemeyer, the Teatro de Rame and the nice Botanic Gardens).

Epi

• Members

Thanks for the info Epi. I will definitely give 520 a try.

I went to 520 back in 2005 or 2006. Because I was under the weather, I was just there (with a friend) to observe. He had all of the "hot treats" that he desired, and the guys wondered why I was not requesting their company, for when they approached me, I merely said "noa" and "obrigado" to them.

The place iwas nicely appointed, large, relatively clean as far as this fastidious man could tell. Go and enjoy!

For culture buy that special ticket where you can "hop on and off" and explore at your leisure. I did it twice; once on a week day and the other on a Sunday, for I was there from Wed. until the following Monday, I think. It brings you into the culture that is there.

Also do the "pedestrian lane." It's fabulous, too. YOu can just park yourself and observe and take it all of the various beauties!

my friends and I agree that the only sauna worth going to is 520! but...

as Episvilla said, 773 is more a bar, but when we were there, had some very hot guys(all twink types, no muscular types)and we ended up with several guys from there and taking them back to the hotel. This was over a year ago so the info may be out of date...

Sorry guys, but now I'm a bit confused: are there garrotos and rooms for pay in all three places?

Also, what are the rates? Any chance of English spoken?

Thanks.

Yes, there are 'garatos de programa' in all those places. Prices are between 50--70 reais, if I'm not wrong (but I was there a couple of years ago). There are free and paid rooms. In Sauna 520, at least sometimes, You may meet good looking young men, not for hire; in these case, instead of paying a price You can get a prize... Not my luck in Curitiba, though (but Salvador is another story!)...

About English in the saunas: Tomcal may answer this question. I did speak my accustomed 'Portuñol'.

Epi.

• Members

If you go to the waterfalls, it is an absolute must to take the helicopter tour. You just have to.

The massiveness of Iguacu cannot be comprehended from the viewing platforms in either Argentina or Brazil. Also the mid-river is okay, but not like the helicopter.

Another must-see id the private guided tour of the inside of the Itaipu dam. Not even expensive. But just an incredible way to see what of man's most incredible engineering triumphs.

I can imagine that taking a helicopter over the falls is a hallmark way of seeing them, but I was quite impressed without doing that. I hired a guide who took us to various viewpoints in both Brazil and Argentina that were quite spectacular. Helicopters can ruin many a national treasure with their noise and constant intrusions on the view and the peacefulness of places like the Grand Canyon. But even they cannot drown out the falls!

• Members

And besides there are a little sauna in Foz do Iguaçu, with --the manager said-- some boys... I could not wait their arrival...

Epi.

It's odd that this is mentioned. After I'd made my tour reservations at the airport, my guide, who was supplied to me through my former Brazilian agent, asked me if I had wanted to go to this sauna. My response was "noa" because I had wanted to experience all that I could when I returned to Rio de janeiro.

My going to Foz do Iguacu was to see and be "with them," "the falls" as well as take in any other facets of God's creations and some culture if it prevailed.