Lucky

Is Your Dildo Dangerous?

• Members

Did you know that China has more than 1000 manufactures of sex toys? Would you put one in your butt, knowing China's history of bad stuff in their products? Well, consider this: "Many good time gadgets such as anal beads, pliable dildos and other rubberized entertainers are still made of phthalates(*), a material that has been proven to cause kidney, liver and testicular damage in rats." China is not likely to be inspecting dildos for quality, are they? Yet they make $2 billion a year just from stuff we put up our ass. (But most of their dildos are sold to South Africa. The Us only buys 2% of them- so where do we get ours from?)

So, next time you buy a dildo or rubber sex toy, check to see if it has that Made in China label, and then cover it with a condom, probably also made up of bad ingredients!

(Source: Toy Story by Jim Larkins in this month's LA Frontiers gay magazine.)

(*) What are phthalates? How are they used?

Phthalates are a class of widely used industrial compounds known technically as dialkyl or alkyl aryl esters of 1,2-benzenedicarboxylic acid. There are many phthalates with many uses, and just as many toxicological properties.

Phthalates crept into widespread use over the last several decades because of their many beneficial chemical properties. Now they are ubiquitous, not just in the products in which they are intentionally used, but also as contaminants in just about anything. About a billion pounds per year are produced worldwide.

Intentional uses of phthalates include softeners of plastics, oily substances in perfumes, additives to hairsprays, lubricants and wood finishers. That new car smell, which becomes especially pungent after the car has been sitting in the sun for a few hours, is partly the pungent odor of phthalates volatilizing from a hot plastic dashboard. In the evening's cool they then condense out of the inside air of the car to form an oily coating on the inside of the windshield. (No mention here of dildos, but the site is ourstolenfuture.org)

AVOIDING PHTHALATES: http://www.yoni.com/healerf/phthalates.shtml

Guest hitoallusa

I'm a very shy guy. One time I went to a local adult store to buy a sex toy. A lady opened the package in front of me, inserted batteries and showed that it works. I guess some people use it and then return it saying that it doesn't work. Yikes.

This is why you should only buy from Babes In Toyland which has a policy of not selling any product made with phthalates.