kjun12

Obama prooves citizenship

Guest hitoallusa

What would Donald Trump do to his "people" in Hawaii... Is he going to say his famous "You're fired" ????? Vetting process is no joke and it involves a major law firm that can find anything about anyone. I hope Sarah Palin's Trig issue goes away too.

President Obama released his birth certificate today proving he is a citizen of the US. What will the republicans do now? :D

Guest BeachBoy

What would Donald Trump do to his "people" in Hawaii... Is he going to say his famous "You're fired" ????? Vetting process is no joke and it involves a major law firm that can find anything about anyone. I hope Sarah Palin's Trig issue goes away too.

He said he's got a lot more "dirt" that he will "reveal"... he's really, really annoying.

Well, they could always make a scandal out of the information on the birth certificate itself, since it implies his mother may have been underage when she got pregnant.(She was 18 at the time of his birth in early August and her birth date is late November.)

Legally this could mean that his father is a rapist. Also, since it was 1961 and she was Caucasian depending on where the impregnation took place it may have been felony rape no matter what the age, since that's what many states categorized sex been white girls and black dudes at the time.

Guest hitoallusa

Whether it's a rape or not.. They can't deny that Obama is born in the US. Obama's mother is a pioneer in a sense. She did something that people at that time hesitated.

Well, they could always make a scandal out of the information on the birth certificate itself, since it implies his mother may have been underage when she got pregnant.(She was 18 at the time of his birth in early August and her birth date is late November.)

Legally this could mean that his father is a rapist. Also, since it was 1961 and she was Caucasian depending on where the impregnation took place it may have been felony rape no matter what the age, since that's what many states categorized sex been white girls and black dudes at the time.

• Members

It is totally amazing to me what the "birthers" think they are doing. No doubt they will now concentrate on the "other" issues of did BO have dual citizenship? His university credentials. His university record. Etc.

There are plenty of very serious issues to raise or talk about and these are just distractors.

If Trump wants to run, he needs to quit stroking his ego and talk about some of the "real" issues.

Best regards,

RA1

Guest BeachBoy

It is totally amazing to me what the "birthers" think they are doing. No doubt they will now concentrate on the "other" issues of did BO have dual citizenship? His university credentials. His university record. Etc.

There are plenty of very serious issues to raise or talk about and these are just distractors.

If Trump wants to run, he needs to quit stroking his ego and talk about some of the "real" issues.

Best regards,

RA1

It's just racism tarted up for profit.

Did you see Lawrence O'Donnell last night on MSNBC? At the top of his show he EXCORIATED NBC for not stepping up to the plate to talk about whether Trump's show is renewed or not.

Guest zipperzone

Quite apart from his acknowledged abilities as a successful deal maker- Trump is one of the most revolting men on the planet.

When asked if he thought he owed an apology to the White House his response was "No of course not, they owe me a huge thank you for bringing this out into the open", or words to that effect.

I would love to see him run - but he won't, never has had any intention of doing so - just to see him get the crap beat out of him.

He's the dream GOP candidate. I'd love Obama to have such an easy win.

Well, I don't think it is going to be an easy win for him. I have been very disappointed in him. Probably not enough to vote for someone else but enough to leave my options open. I hope Michael Bloomberg gets in the race.

Honestly, I want a real tea pot party candidate though. ^_^

• Members

Well, I don't think it is going to be an easy win for him. I have been very disappointed in him. Probably not enough to vote for someone else but enough to leave my options open. I hope Michael Bloomberg gets in the race.

Honestly, I want a real tea pot party candidate though. ^_^

Like it or not, your choice will be Obama or the GOP candidate taking the White House. Bloomberg isn't in the picture and even if he were he'd not win but would probably take Obama down. That is one reason he won't enter but not the only one.

Guest BeachBoy

Like it or not, your choice will be Obama or the GOP candidate taking the White House. Bloomberg isn't in the picture and even if he were he'd not win but would probably take Obama down. That is one reason he won't enter but not the only one.

I haven't studied Bloomberg extensively, but he strikes me as not meeting the litmus tests for the crazypants Christians that have taken over the GOP. He wouldn't even get as far as New Hampshire.

• Members

TY-

Would you please explain your post to me? If Bloomberg didn't win and BO didn't win, who could win?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

TY-

Would you please explain your post to me? If Bloomberg didn't win and BO didn't win, who could win?

Best regards,

RA1

The only Bloomberg candidacy would be a third party candidacy. He would bleed off moderates and independents -- that 10% - 15% in the middle that decide elections. That would throw the election to the GOP candidate.

• Members

It is truly amazing to me the lengths that people go to. These birthers must be complete morons. It is time for them to move on to something else.

And, yes, I do think this entire thing was racially motivated.

Whether they are morons or not is irrelevant. They have an agenda. That agenda will not be deterred. They move to the next idiotic issue the keep controversy stoked.

• Members

The only Bloomberg candidacy would be a third party candidacy. He would bleed off moderates and independents -- that 10% - 15% in the middle that decide elections. That would throw the election to the GOP candidate.

Thanks for the reply and INTERESTING. In other words, Bloomberg would be fulfilling the same role as that supposed for Perot in electing Clinton, but, this time, for a Republican?

Best regards,

RA1

• Members

Thanks for the reply and INTERESTING. In other words, Bloomberg would be fulfilling the same role as that supposed for Perot in electing Clinton, but, this time, for a Republican?

Best regards,

RA1

That's the way I see it. Third parties have more to do with general unhappiness and the frustration that causes. The President is held more accountable than individual Congressmen or Senators for what is going on. (If people could vote for the entire Senate or Congress then that might be different, but they can't.)

That unhappiness is expressed in two ways with a third party. Frustrated people either vote the other party or if they cannot abide that party then a third party. The vote against Obama will be split two ways. The GOP faithful will come home. That is why Bush I, the incumbent, lost to Clinton (who failed to come close to a majority), IMO.

Then there is always the possibility that a disaffected progressive will jump in too. That would be death blow in a close election. Nader cost the election for Gore in FLA in 2000. Yeah, that election was stolen but if not for Nader the votes would not have been close enough to permit the election to be stolen.

Remember that elections are always decided by people in the center and then only in a handful of states, sometimes even just one state. That's an artifact of the electoral college.

That's my read anyway.

• Members

I don't like "spoilers", although I have wished more than once for a viable third party, even though it is easy to look around the world and see many problems with that "solution" also. However, I would much prefer a third party or even spoilers to having dead people vote, machine politics, etc. I think a close, real inspection of virtually every election in this country would reveal a host of irregularities. Amazing to contemplate but easy to observe.

Best regards,

RA1