Guest lurkerspeaks

Lurker´s 2011 Adventure in Rio

• Members

I send :flowers: to you Lurker for writing and sharing what you deemed we would want to read! Sorry your trip is about to conclude, but if you plan NOT returning to Rio de janeiro on your next trip, I'd recommend Bangkok "for the bunk" as well as for the type of guy you prefer.

Because I like older men, I shied away from the abundance of young ones while I was in Bangkok and Pattaya and Phuket on my last trip there which was in 2007 or 2008. The first ten years of this century have gone by much too rapidly for me.

If you do manage to get to this part of the world--the best time to go (weatherwise) is November through early February, and in writing all of the aforementioned, I MUST WRITE that I prefer Brasilian "boys"/men over the Thais! Most of the Thai guys looked out of place with me while we walked the streets; they were way too young looking for me, personally, even if they were in their early to mid 20s! ^_^

Again, I ditto what others have already said! A thousand thank you's, man! May you have Safe travels during your return!

• Members

you are right. I realized my mistake after I had posted it, but the window of time to edit had already past. I was thinking two hours difference from Phoenix to Houston and another two hours to Rio..

Some closing thoughts as vacation draws to an end..

Why is it that this trip is not over yet, and I am already dreaming of the next one..hopefully in November.. Will it be back to Rio.. or Montreal. or someplace new to me such as Barcelona, Prague, Bangkok?? Costa Rica sounds like a good choice if there were more posts by respected posters of the place.. not too far for travel.... I think Bangkok would be a first choice, but the travel time makes it difficult when I have to BEG to take 9 days off work..

So, advice guys.. where can you get the most bang for your buck nowadays? factor in travel time from US (phoenix), hotel costs, boys cost, food, other activities besides boys etc...and what would be a decent trip for Mid-November, weather-wise. I have never been to Europe or Asia, so both are places of interest. Preference for boys are younger, twink types who are versatile, and passionate.

Lurker take the plunge and go to Thailand. 9 days is enough and many here have made trips of that length. Nothing compares for the kind of boys you like. 5 star Hotels for $200, great meals for $20, 90 minute massages followed by Happy Endings for $65, Fuck and Suck Shows etc etc etc. Many Hot Gayboys available on Gayromeo for $35

The airfare will cost you a little more but the Hotels and meals and especially the boys will make your vacation cheaper. Also no chance of taking hours to find a boy to your liking or maybe not even one that really pushes your buttons. You will see more available boys in 1 hour then you saw in Rio in 7 days!

Rio is great and a different experience. But it has become ridiculously expensive for those who like nice Hotels and restaurants and of course the boys have become more expensive.

Airfares are cheaper in November and everything else is consistent year round.

• Members

You missed the most incredible, twink type at Meio Mundo last night. Only 18 years of age. Totally completo. Whatever I asked him to do, he did. Not a moment of rushing. Afterward, didn't even hurry to get up. Waited until I was ready to get up. Normally not my type, but the things he did to me in the steam room made the decision to go upstairs an easy one. The best programa I've had at a sauna in ages.

Pictures please! ^_^

• Members

Lurker take the plunge and go to Thailand. 9 days is enough and many here have made trips of that length. Nothing compares for the kind of boys you like. 5 star Hotels for $200, great meals for $20, 90 minute massages followed by Happy Endings for $65, Fuck and Suck Shows etc etc etc. Many Hot Gayboys available on Gayromeo for $35

The airfare will cost you a little more but the Hotels and meals and especially the boys will make your vacation cheaper. Also no chance of taking hours to find a boy to your liking or maybe not even one that really pushes your buttons. You will see more available boys in 1 hour then you saw in Rio in 7 days!

Rio is great and a different experience. But it has become ridiculously expensive for those who like nice Hotels and restaurants and of course the boys have become more expensive.

Airfares are cheaper in November and everything else is consistent year round.

Lurker's report does have the bf and I reconsidering our planned trip to Rio. Thailand is still a bargain and those 5 stars hotels can be found for $100 or so on Priceline.

Thanks again for the great report. It was so much fun to read. For Brazil has a piece of my heart. I love going there. I have the intent to find a place there to live for a year but had had a difficult time finding something I like and would be comfortable in. Rio is an amazing city with incredible guys working at the saunas. IMHO, it is a paradise. Your reports brought back so many wonderful memories.

Guest lurkerspeaks

For anyone interested in the apartment I stayed in...2 bedroom, 1 bath, just around the corner from the Copacabana Palace Hotel.. a block from the beach, a block from the Cardeal Arcoverde subway station, restaurants/stores/banks close by.. free internet access. Gated building with doorman..guests allowed..

currently asking price of $120USD per nite..great for two friends to share..

PVT me for contact info for owner.