pauleiro

ARCOS DA LAPA

• Members

We must forget some of the places given by SPARTACUS for finding Rentboys : Corujinha has been deserted by RBs it seems ; La Cueva, indicated in 2010 by Spartacus as a place to find RentBoys is a small cave with older gentlement (mostly) and a few chasers (just a few) ...

Of course there are the saunas, the internet sites, the cinemas, ... and the street.

I went this Friday to Arcos da Lapa, which is a place where a lot of people gather from 11 pm on. The cars are not allowed and the people walk in the streets which are occupied by Jazz bands, local orchestras ; people dance in the streets. Of course drinks are sold everywhere: caipirinhas, beers, you name it ... Great atmosphere. Safe (except of course for pickpockets, as usually when there a lot of people).

There are also some discos. The moment where most of people are gathered is certainly between 1 and 2 am. It is at that time, according to discussions with locals, that you can find some boys in the streets willing to come with you for some Reais. Focusing on the boys who are alone, and through a simple eye contact, it is easy to see if they might be available, or do not appear interested. I hunted at that place yesterday night, with a friend from Rio. At 2 am, we were heading to his car when we met David. After some discussion, David accepted to come with us to my friend's appartement to have some "brincadeira" with me. Great face, 20 years old, soccer player, long thick dick, bubble ass. Great time ! Of course it is much more fun that just finding a guy in a sauna.

I plan to further investigate these local plans during my March trip.

• Members

Yes, Lapa is the place on both Friday and Saturday nights for local dining, dancing, eating, fraternizing, and from what Pauleiro alluded: boys. My friend and I went with a local and had a wonderful dinner. Afterwards we meandered the very, very, very, very crowded streets, something that I had wanted to do.

If there is a next time, I want to have my meal at one of the restaurants that has tables that are outside its venue, go to some of the gay clubs and discos, and take in "everything" that exists in this older historical neighborhood near Central.

Go with a carioca; it is definitely much more meaningful and safer that way!

The first time I went to Lapa, I went with my guide Ernani back in 2002. I enjoyed being there, but, unfortunately, he mainly had me walking amongst the throngs of people who were thoroughly enjoying themselves throughout the immediate neighborhood.

Thanks, Paulerio for what you wrote; your take during this trip truly has added some depth for me to use during future visits to my favorite city in Brasil.