TotallyOz

I hate Sterotypical gay Characters: Talking Survivor

One of my favorite shows EVER is Survivor. I have always loved it. I didn't like Richard Hatch but thought he was a genuine guy. This season they have a guy who is more flaming than I am if that is possible. It is simply sick. I don't know why they can't get a more non stereotypical guy for the show.

• Members

This season they have a guy who is more flaming than I am if that is possible. It is simply sick. I don't know why they can't get a more non stereotypical guy for the show.

I was wondering the same thing myself. :thumbsup:

lupe.jpg

• Members

Neither Survivor nor 'flaming' guys (what's the PC term?) are my type, but as much of the LGBT community before me I've started doing my best to be tolerant / even supportive.

I "pass" for straight *even* among gay friends and so have had to deal with a hell of a lot less than others have.

It doesn't seem like anybody today is learning about the fact that everything related to sexuality is a spectrum.

Sure, some play it up, but many can't turn it off any more than we can turn off our attraction to WeHo clones...

Guest hitoallusa

Well we had Omarosa in Apprentice and I think these producers want someone flamboyant and controversial in the show so the show can be entertaining. I have seen straight like gay guys too, I'm not. I was always the last one to be selected in any gym class activities that I had to took. Sometimes some boys didn't want me to play with them and want me to go play dodge ball with other girls. I was the only guy in the class to go play with other girls. ^_^ As I get older I think I have become more manly and gentleman like but still people can tell I'm gay. One thing I'm glad about is that I don't have to live as a wife to guys who don't care about their wives and abuse them. So glad that I'm born gay and freedom I enjoy now.

I just can't bring myself to watch any reality show EXCEPT singing competition shows because I love music and singing. But I tend to ignore that background family fluff filler they usually put into those shows. But I don't watch any other reality show or reality competition shows. I only watch American Idol, X Factor and The Voice.

• Members

It would be Great if we could learn to STOP putting labels on people, and just either like and accept them for who and what they are or Not... Everyone is entitled to have preferences, and either you click with someone or you dont. But to continually keep labelling people seems unfair. They are WHO they are, its not a choice or an act.... Let them live their lives, either WITH you in it, or Not.

Guest lurkerspeaks

Still trying to think up the Politically Correct term for "flaming", as that's especially horrific if you believe the Louis CK etymology of faggot. Nelly doesn't seem like it either...

Homo-normative? :rolleyes:

how about Flamboyant? Faaaaabulous??? heterosexually challenged?