caeron

Oregon shooting spree

3 people, including supposedly the shooter, have died after a shooting this afternoon at Clackamas Town Center Mall.

I was driving to that very mall to walk (given the rain here, it's a good place to get a bit of exercise out of the wet.) when the shooting happened.

A little creepy to realize that if I hadn't been distracted and running late I might have been there when it happened.

it also reminds me what mixed feelings I have about gun control. Their ability to mete out mass death means that crazies will keep being able to do this. But I do believe that an armed citizenry is part of what ensures our government doesn't become a dictatorship, though I think that may just be me drinking the koolaid!

• Members

I live just to the East of this mall. It's also one of the places I go to walk during the rainy season. This unfortunate incident reminded me of a similar shootng when I lived in Utah and a guy opened fire at theTrolley Square mall.

But, I definately don't have any mixed feelings about gun control. I own several guns and have a concealed carry permit. IMHO, the government is never going to keep the criminals and crazies from getting their hands on a gun. So, I strongly oppose any effort to keep me from having my own gun and legally carrying it.