TotallyOz

Rent Boy Paradise – The Boy Toy Guide To Gay Havana

• Members

“If U.S. travelers buy tickets to the island through Mexico or another third country, they can go almost anywhere, renting rooms in private Cuban homes, eating in private restaurants, and traveling around with taxi drivers, all of which would expose them to the full range of Cuban feelings about Fidel Castro and his brother Raul, Cuba's current president.”

“But those trips are not allowed under U.S. law, and travelers would be risking a fine from the U.S. Treasury Department, which doesn't allow Americans to go to Cuba in an independent, unstructured way.”

ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS, TRAVEL TRANSACTION LIMITATIONS: The U.S. Department of the Treasury enforces the Cuban Assets Control Regulations, which apply to all U.S. citizens and permanent residents wherever they are located, all people and organizations physically located in the United States, and branches and subsidiaries of U.S. organizations throughout the world. The regulations require that persons subject to U.S. jurisdiction be licensed in order to engage in any travel-related transactions pursuant to travel to, from, and within Cuba. Transactions related to travel for tourist activities are not licensable. This restriction also prohibits tourist travel to Cuba from or through a third country such as Mexico or Canada. U.S. law enforcement authorities enforce these regulations at U.S. airports and pre-clearance facilities in third countries. Travelers who fail to comply with Department of the Treasury regulations could face civil penalties and criminal prosecution upon return to the United States.

See this from the U.S. State Department:

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1097.html#entry_requirements

On the other hand, if an American wants to travel to Cuba solely for tourism and wants to go there without fear of civil and criminal prosecution upon return to the U.S., there are a few “licensed” travel tour agencies that get around the above laws/warnings which makes it legal for Americans to visit Cuba.

The tour I used was not expensive because it included air fare from Miami, seven nights in a decent hotel, free meals if I chose to eat at the hotel assigned by the tour company, medical insurance and a visa plus airport pickups and delivery and an English-speaking guide.

The eight-day tour I took varied in numbers of other tour persons. There could be as many as 24 other Americans allowed on the tour but when I took the tour, there were less than 15 - but it varied in numbers.

While not visiting sites in Havana, the tour company provided a bus (the tour company called the bus a motor coach) but it was a somewhat older bus that had nice interior padding on the seats.

The bus was scheduled and used to take tour members to other areas of Cuba and around various places in Havana. If a tour member chose to skip a tour out of Havana (possibly due to illness from the food or whatever), the person missing the bus ride was free to visit on the economy and go just about anywhere.

A couple of my American friends went to Cuba through other cities. One went via Mexico and another went through Toronto. Both friends had a wonderful time except for the worry of being caught upon return to the U.S. for violating rules against tourism by Americans to Cuba.

These friends had to pay everything in cash because if a credit card or ATM card is used in Cuba, the American government would know of the transaction and would prosecute those friends for visiting Cuba and spending money without a proper license.

Of course, Americans must ask Cuban immigration NOT to stamp their passport both coming in and going out of Cuba. Cuban immigration complies but could make a mistake and stamp a passport. With a stamp in the passport, it is possible that American CBP would see the stamp at some time in the future and refer the traveler for prosecution.

The tour I used not only included the items I listed above, a legal “license” which is really a visa was also provided in the cost of the tour. Americans are instructed to carry this visa or a copy of it in the event they are stopped. I was never stopped and never had to show any identification except at the airport and at the hotel.

The narrative by OZ is accurate in that the abundance of rent boys is beyond imagination and the prices are less than rent boys in Brazil. There are certain clubs and coffee shops, areas and streets where rent boys can be found, and other places. The guide by OZ is better suited for non Americans only because of the possible negative consequences if caught without a visa/license.

The hotel that is chosen by the tour company is one of the best hotels in Havana (although if the hotel were located in the U.S., I would merely call it “decent” enough for comfort). I never had a problem bringing back a visitor. In fact, there were some amusing events with the hotel personnel offering visitors.

If anyone is interested in visiting Cuba, they should use the material that was initially posted by OZ. However, it should be emphasized that by going through another country to avoid the restrictions against Americans touring Cuba could result in problems, down the line. See the State Department site I attached here.

Another bad thing about sneaking into Cuba without a bonafide visa is the potential of needing legal or medical assistance in case something goes wrong or if you have an emergency and must leave Cuba quickly. There is no American Embassy in Cuba. If an American is in Cuba with a legal visa, the American can take advantage of an agreement the U.S. has with the Swiss government to assist Americans with potential problems.

Going to a legally “forbidden” country and worrying about legal issues for breaking the entry law could spoil the enjoyment of the trip. Therefore, I heartily recommend using a tour agency. Some agencies are more expensive than others. The one I used was (as I said above was an eight-day, seven night tour with hotels and air and food and visa and airport pickup) cost $2,100.00.

That is a cheap price considering what you get (most of your expenses are paid) and the fact that you will not have to worry about civil and/or criminal penalties upon return to the U.S.

• Members

...liked Oz's post, but a few things were left out which I think the men here would like to know. It would very definitely be to one's advantage to know some Spanish if he wishes to connect with some of Havana's finest. Also, many of the hotels, if not most, frown on natives being inside of their venue.

When I was in Cuba sometime in the 90s, my party of eight stayed at the Hotel Libre, formerly The Havana Hilton. I was not engaging the services of men then, so I did NOT attempt to hook up, but I noticed many a native woman and a few men who were not allowed entrance. ...went to one of the supreme hotels, The National,for lunch. Excellent! Excellent! Excellent!

In terms of men: I looked and marveled and that is all. Steve, a teacher from Philly and I went to a concert featuring Cuba's premier male singers. Great concert! But when we left, we waited for almost three hours for a bus. We decided to walk back and walked about a mile plus before seeing a taxi. We hailed it and went back to our hotel.

Ice cream is supreme in Havana. The best place at the time was at the park which was a few blocks from our hotel. One night my party of eight {six women and two men} went there at around 10P.M. Apparently, they'd run out of ice cream, but when they {the waiters} spotted us Yanks, they immediately seated us; the natives went without. This bothered me tremendously but taught us something about the system.

{At the time of our eight day tour, trips could be made on charter flights from Miami to Havana and back. I even brought back some cigars and let customs know it when I went through. No problemos at all.}

Do a google check. YOu'll get some additional information. On www.tripadvisor.com, you can get some "Must sees" as well. I haven't checked on lodging either, but consult www.booking.com, www.agoda.com, etc...

Lastly, go on a tour if you can't speak the language. {I do plan to return, I hope, sometime in 2014 or 2015 before it gets too touristy and American.}

• Members
  • Members

cubans can not have access to the cuban hotels and beaches. they are only for the tourists. every hotel have a lot of police checking this and other issues. remember that Cuba is still a communist country. the good thing is that is permitted to rent a room and bring the boys to the room. example: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147271-d1015909-r14076552-Ray_s_Casa_Particular-Havana_Cuba.html

You're absolutely correctly. I noticed this when I was there in the mid to late 90s.

• Members
  • Members

So when you say cheap rentboys, how much exactly are we talking?

From the ads currently on http://www.gayromeo.com, the going rate is $50 per hour or $100 overnight!

Dollars are converted into CUCs with a 15% fee. You can't use dollars in Cuba or ATM on cards issued in the US. Money can be converted at the airport or at money Xchanges; hotel conversion is the pits based on what I've read recently!

I might buy Euros and convert; that way there's no fee charged although the Euros "kick the butt" of our dollars. Might get Canadian instead and do the same, but my best bet will be from Euros to CUCs.

Guest Paragon

Many years ago when I first began cruising Santa Monica Blvd the average fee was $20. It was the time of my life ... maybe I need to relocate to Cuba to revive the good old days :P

Maybe you did since we don't hear from you!

• Members

A French friend of mine went to Cuba last year and said it was between 5 and 10 euros per encounter.

There are a few guys on http://www.gayromeo.com who are in Habana; the rate/fee for a few is $50. I wrote to one the other day; his answer was $100. He looked stunning, truly ripe for a torrid tongue bath. I'd give him his fee if he looked as he looked in his pics and if he was quite the kisser and highly interactive!!

• Members

With you! Where would you fly out of?

Come to think -- could you yourself fly, with appropriate hops, from MEM to Cuba?

I plan to fly to Habana, Cuba next February; my agent from a company which is based in Canada relayed to me a few days ago that instead of my flying from Cancun which is cheaper than flying from Mexico City, today we Americans can fly from Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, or Tampa on a chartered Cuban plane. 5.25.14

• Members

... today we Americans can fly from ... Tampa on a chartered Cuban plane. 5.25.14

LOL, are those DC 3's still flying?

a1c6e6bb2d5ceaa0445ae0101ebe67e0.jpg

(Cuban National Air parts department)

• Members

DC-3's are still flying and earning their keep but not for any scheduled US airline. Still, I would ride on one in a NY minute. ^_^

Best regards,

RA1