TotallyOz

Thank you Thailand

I just got to my next port of call after a 2 month stay in the Land of Smiles. Already I miss many things about it and I had such an amazing trip. I will admit that this trip was the best one in my 5 years of going to Thailand. I think part of this had to do with the places I chose to go and the people I chose to see. I avoided all the boring gossip queens in Pattaya and thus my evenings and my dinner times were much more enjoyable. I rarely offed a gogo boy I didn't know from previous trips. I spent my money on the guys I have grown to enjoy and love hanging out with as opposed to a new guy every day.

In Chiang Mai, the trip was special as the hosts of PJ's Place made it very comfortable. I spent a month with them and then in Pattaya I stayed at the Marriott for a month. The Marriott is very conveniently located and the facilities are great. The gym there is clean and enjoyable. The people that work there could not have been nicer. I checked the boyfriend in on the room so he could come and go as he pleased. The rates at the Marriott are higher than I wanted to pay but the convenience made it worth it. Plus, I needed nights for my rewards nights.

Thailand is a very unique and special place. For those of you who helped make my experience better, I thank you.

I flew into NYC to spend the day with a friend and last night took a flight to Latin America to spend a month in another one of my favorite cities. It is amazing how much I already miss Thailand and the boyfriend. He has called several times to tell me to come back.

To those of you in the Land of Smiles, enjoy every minute and each day try something new. I am looking forward to a return sometime over the summer. Enjoy Songkran! :)

Guest goodtimeboy
I just got to my next port of call after a 2 month stay in the Land of Smiles. Already I miss many things about it and I had such an amazing trip. I will admit that this trip was the best one in my 5 years of going to Thailand. I think part of this had to do with the places I chose to go and the people I chose to see. I avoided all the boring gossip queens in Pattaya and thus my evenings and my dinner times were much more enjoyable. I rarely offed a gogo boy I didn't know from previous trips. I spent my money on the guys I have grown to enjoy and love hanging out with as opposed to a new guy every day.

In Chiang Mai, the trip was special as the hosts of PJ's Place made it very comfortable. I spent a month with them and then in Pattaya I stayed at the Marriott for a month. The Marriott is very conveniently located and the facilities are great. The gym there is clean and enjoyable. The people that work there could not have been nicer. I checked the boyfriend in on the room so he could come and go as he pleased. The rates at the Marriott are higher than I wanted to pay but the convenience made it worth it. Plus, I needed nights for my rewards nights.

Thailand is a very unique and special place. For those of you who helped make my experience better, I thank you.

I few into NYC to spend the day with a friend and last night took a flight to Latin America to spend a month in another one of my favorite cities. It is amazing how much I already miss Thailand and the boyfriend. He has called several times to tell me to come back.

To those of you in the Land of Smiles, enjoy every minute and each day try something new. I am looking forward to a return sometime over the summer. Enjoy Songkran! :)

Wow you sure do seem to enjoy yourself Thailand, New York, now South America, what a wonderful life to live.

Its good you can be satisfied with guys well known to you, may be your hunting instinct is not so rampant as many who seem to visit Thailand and just act like a child in a Toy Shop, with so much abundance they seem to treat boys as if they are a bit of meat.

You have just proven once again, no matter where you go in the world, the problem is all in your mind and the people you surround your self with, so you basically, bring the problems with you, if you have any. and you left yours at home.

You sound like a very kind guy, I hope to meet you one day soon, when I'm in Pattaya. at the same time...well at least no one wrote anything bad about you, so you got away lightly.

It seem to pay off not mixing with the hidios sewer rats of Thailand.

Edited by goodtimeboy
Inappropriate remarks removed

Wow you sure do seem to enjoy yourself Thailand, New York, now South America, what a wonderful life to live.

I do enjoy myself and have a good time wherever I go. I must admin Thailand has a very special place in my heart and I love my time there. But, that love is best in small doses. Too much and I would not make it. The month in Pattaya took a great deal out of me and while I did enjoy it, I now find I need a break. I think a month at the saunas will do me just fine. :)

Guest goodtimeboy

Can you tell me the best saunas to Visit in South America and where would you advise a mature guy to stay and vist for same boys you like?

Can you tell me the best saunas to Visit in South America and where would you advise a mature guy to stay and vist for same boys you like?

In Brazil, Rio has Club 117 and Point 202. Those are both great. There is also several other ones in town. Best to get a gay guide when there and test them all.

In Sao Paulo, try Lagoa as it is the biggest that Sao Paulo has. Again, there are several other ones. One of my favorites for Saturdays is Altersosas. It is a drive out to the burbs but the local boys come in abundance.

Most gay guys stay at the Atlantico in Rio as it is reasonably priced and close to Pointe 202. Rio has lots of other hotels as well. I always stay at the Intercontinental Hotel in Sao Conrado Beach or the Copacabana Palace. In Sao Paulo, there is another Intercontinental Hotel I like. I don't really know of any of the other hotels as I haven't stayed at anything but the above. Let me know when you want to go and I'll look around for you.

Guest goodtimeboy

That’s wonderful Information, as I love Cuba for big members, I go there, and will be in May, but I hope to go to Rio & Sao Paulo in October, what advise can you give me about being safe there, I hear its very dangerous if you go down a wrong road, can you find the teen, guy next door type, you get in Pattaya there also, if so what’s the best bars or places to find them.

That’s wonderful Information, as I love Cuba for big members, I go there, and will be in May, but I hope to go to Rio & Sao Paulo in October, what advise can you give me about being safe there, I hear its very dangerous if you go down a wrong road, can you find the teen, guy next door type, you get in Pattaya there also, if so what’s the best bars or places to find them.

The best rule of thumb is to take a taxi most places. Ask you hotel about your neighborhood and mind their advice. I have been robbed twice here and both times it was because I did not follow the advice of my hotel. It is a fantastic place but like most large cities, you must be careful.

You will not find the Pattaya guy boys here at all. The saunas are all over 18 and mostly they are larger guys with lots of muscle and tight bodies. The sauna I was at tonight reminded me of a night at Tawan bar in Bangkok but with the guys all wearing towels and taking showers naked in front of me and jerking off to capture their admirers attention.

My guy today was a 24 year old surfer from Rio. I have known him since he was 19 and it was my first trip here. I had a boyfriend who came with me on the trip and it was our last few nights in Rio. I had met another lad from Sao Paulo that we took with us to Rio for the last 2 weeks. The Sao Paulo lad and the boyfriend wanted to go disco every night. I can do that some but not every night. They wanted to go one night and I wasn't going so the boy from Sao Paulo brought a friend to the hotel and said, "this is my friend. He will stay with you tonight while we go to the disco. He smokes weed and gets really horny." Well, I didn't have any weed but the lad did and off the 2 disco boys went for a night in Rio. The other boy smoked a bit on the balcony of my hotel and just started giving me a great blowjob on the balcony. I am typically shy and would not do this but it was pretty damm exciting. Anyway, it was perhaps the best blowjob I had in ages. I never forgot this lad. Skip forward a few years and I had taken the Sao Paulo boy to Paris with me for a few weeks. We had a fabulous time and saw the city together. I really had a crush on this lad and he was almost my next boyfriend. Skip forward to tonight. I sat in the sauna bored out of my mind as I waited for Mr. Right to come in and in walks the surfer from 5 years ago. It was great to see him and he came over and kissed me and chatted for a bit. All the other sauna boys were shocked as I had turned down their very aggressive advances all night. In walks this boy and off we go to a room. Again, the sex was amazing and it was great to catch up on the past few years. He wants to take me roller blading tomorrow in the park. I agreed but most likely will try to back out of it. Long story. Sorry.

The boys here are nothing like those in Pattaya. Still there are stars here for those who want to seek them out. The best places are the discos. The hottest boys on earth go there every weekend!

Guest fountainhall
The best rule of thumb is to take a taxi most places . . . I have been robbed twice here and both times it was because I did not follow the advice of my hotel. It is a fantastic place but like most large cities, you must be careful.

Essential advice, GayThailand. Was only there once and got mugged - but it was virtually my fault as I was walking around the centre of the city on a Sunday and had forgotten to take off a gold neckchain. My T-shirt covered it but it must have somehow glinted in the strong sunlight. Thankfully there was a church nearby and three guys raced over to help. Amazingly, a police car arrived in less than a minute! I was lucky. Apart from a ruined T-shirt, slightly bruised neck and wounded pride, I was fine and loved the rest of my stay - making sure to make it more than obvious I had no valuables with me.

Guest painai

I have been to Rio many times. Maybe lucky, but I've never been robbed. I meet only guys at the saunas, and use a lot of common sense on the streets. I use the subway (which doesn't operate on Sundays, however) and both Pointe 202 and Club 117 are both close to the subway station. If it's late when leaving Club 117, they will call you a taxi. I really like that place. While I don't find the guys any more expensive than here in Pattaya, hotels are definitely higher priced. I do enjoy the guys, who are very well endowed. Just wish it weren't a 30+ hour trip to get there from Pattaya.

Guest painai

Just remember-- to visit Brazil US citizens will need to get a visa prior to arriving at the airport (last time I checked, 100 dollars) from a Brazil Embassy. However, UK and Thai citizens do not a visa for tourism purposes. Somehow I think this discussion belongs somewhere other than on a forum dedicated to Gay Thailand.

Guest goodtimeboy

I would have thought there would have been many teen type boys (around 18) available, being such a poor place, is there no sunee plaza type area, exspeally in Sao Paulo, or is that just to dangerous to go and find. in Havana, Cuba, where I go, if you stay in a "Casa Particular" (google search it) and you find a nice one, you can find many well hung teens all gagging for your attentions and no problem bringing them back.

Its a shame you always get a party Pooper who wants to spoil our fun, if you dont want to read about alturntive to Thailand but on a similar vain look at another thread?

Where could you recommend I stay in Sao Paulo, mid range, cant go to 5 star hotel and get boys in any gay hotels or gay friendly there?

Its a shame you always get a party Pooper who wants to spoil our fun, if you dont want to read about alturntive to Thailand but on a similar vain look at another thread?

Painai didn't say that he didn't want to read about "alturntive" (?) to Thailand nor a similar "vain" (?). In fact, he contributed an important piece of information to the discussion. What he said was that perhaps the discussion belonged in another location on our board --- not the "Gay Thailand" forum which does state clearly, in its board definition, it's for posts relating specifically to Thailand.

I would have thought there would have been many teen type boys (around 18) available, being such a poor place, is there no sunee plaza type area, exspeally in Sao Paulo, or is that just to dangerous to go and find.

Where could you recommend I stay in Sao Paulo, mid range, cant go to 5 star hotel and get boys in any gay hotels or gay friendly there?

I have been to Brazil over 20 times in the past 5 years and I love it here. There is no place where you will find the Sunne type boys here. All saunas are 18 and over and I have never seen anyone that looks younger. They just do not allow it here. There is a park in Sao Paulo that all the gay boys go to at night. It is not an age thing as it is a place for gays to hang out at and chill. They all drive their cars there and ride around and park and talk. In the bushes there is sex and you can actively see sex going on. I would never take anyone from this place to my hotel. I would not think it safe to do but I know some do. This is not a money boy scene either. It is a gay hook up place. I have been there many times but I've forgotten the name of it but will look for it in my notes.

In Sao Paulo the hotels are great. I have always stayed in the same hotel and in years past I was able to get a long term stay rate of around 125 US. Now that the dollar sucks, my current rate is 275 USD. That is a crazy rate to pay in Brazil but it is typical of most nice hotels here. I don't know of other hotels as I have only stayed in 2 here. There is a website called gaytravelbrazil.com that arranges for gay travelers to Brazil and they know of other hotels that are more reasonable. I suggest you contact them. I have friends who have used their service in the past and were happy with it.

The best thing about Brazil is that it is easy to get a Thai boyfriend into the country. And easy to get a Brazil boy into Thailand. They are very lax with each other.

The difference with the boys in the places is a matter of size and aggressiveness. Both places have very beautiful boys that are just drop dead gorgeous.

I find that if you are looking for sex, it is often cheaper in Thailand. Why? Well, the rate for a short time is the same. But, if you calculate the cost of going to the sauna via taxi, the cost to get into the sauna (30 R), the cost for a cabine (30 R), the programa (50-80 R), the cost of drinks and food, the taxi back to your hotel, it adds up to much more than stepping into a bar in Sunee, buying the boy a drink, offing him and going to your hotel via baht bus or motorcycle taxi. The cost is the same here but the difference is what you have to pay to get to that point.

Yesterday, I met Mr. Right. He is 26 with the most beautiful eyes and smile I have seen. But, he was new to the sauna and he was a very wanted guy. I had little time to chat with him and he spoke no english. I got his number and he will show to my hotel today at noon. The rate for that is 150 R. That is 3 times what he would charge at the sauna but he has to get transportation to the hotel, etc. On a scale of 1-10, he was an 11. He was also one of very few 11's I saw inn 2 different saunas yesterday. When I am in Pattaya, I find 11's very often. Here, most of them end up finding a sponsor and not working too long.

All in all, both Brazil and Thailand are great fun and great sex. But, if you want a change of pace from Thailand, give Brazil a chance. It is a lot of fun. It is a lot more dangerous than any city in Thailand and you must be smart. But, if you are smart, you will be fine and enjoy your trip.

I have found this a very interesting post as I have been going to Rio about 2 times a year for the last 4 years. Well next week I will be making my first trip to Thailand. I will only be going to Bankgok for 4 days, but with all the info I have picked up off this site, I expect to have as much fun as I do in Rio.

Guest goodtimeboy

Quote from paulsf :- I have found this a very interesting post as I have been going to Rio about 2 times a year for the last 4 years. Well next week I will be making my first trip to Thailand. I will only be going to Bankgok for 4 days, but with all the info I have picked up off this site, I expect to have as much fun as I do in Rio. end of quote.

How wonderful may be you can tell us some reasonable Hotels to stay, gay friendly and where you go, what bars or Saunas, what you do there we may like, what type of guys you like, do you know of where you can meet the around 18 year olds, not so big guys, as I met there before, many years ago. In Sao Paulo, and Rio.

Also tell us where you hope to stay in Thailand and where you are going to visit may be we can give you advice on where to meet or visit when your here if you tell us what you like?

Also tell us where you hope to stay in Thailand and where you are going to visit may be we can give you advice on where to meet or visit when your here if you tell us what you like?

I really do not think you will find an area like that in either city that is safe for you to visit. I am sure they exist but only for Brazilians and not tourists.

There is a large park in Sao Paulo that all the gays go to. I have been there a few times on this trip. I have never seen any younger looking guys there. Most are in the 20s, 30's and above. There is a section for Rentboys at the back of the parking area but my friends will not let me go there alone and each have said they know people personally that have been killed by taking guys from this area. It is not safe, not smart and just not necessary. All the saunas have very sexy and amazing guys. You will find some of the hottest 19 and 20 year old guys in the world there. No need to really venture out beyond that if you are looking for a quick hook up. IMHO

My Brazilian boyfriend introduces me to his family and friends. We were at the beach in his home city last week and it was amazing. I was the only one speaking English though. His family know me only as a tourist and not a lover. The boyfriend has a girlfriend that is there with us and she knows the deal but his family does not. Or, so he says. Anyway, in an area like this where you are a guest, you will meet many nice guys and they are all interested in getting to know someone from overseas. They love to practice their english and they love the attention of someone from abroad. More than that, they love the IPhone. So, bring it with you. You will get boys just dying to say hi to play with it. :)