TotallyOz

Atlantico Copacabana Hotel: Gay and Gay Friendly Hotels in Rio de Janeiro

Atlantico Copacabana Hotel | Rua Siqueira Campos, 90 | Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro | 55 21- 2548-0011

http://www.atlantico...abanahotel.com/

The Atlantico Hotel is one of the mainstays of many on this site. It was very popular a few years back because of its close proximity to Point 202. It is within walking distance of the sauna. It is also an easy walk to the beach at Copacabana. There are many nice restaurants in the area and a subway station is 1 minute walk from the hotel. The rooms are a bit old and outdated and they don't seem to spend money on renovations or remodeling but if you are looking for a place right next door to Point 202, this is the place to stay.

Guest lurkerspeaks

One of the main reasons why the Atlantico Copacabana was popular is the vistors policy. Most hotels in Rio either do not allow visitors to the room or else charge a fee when you have visitors. The Atlantico was one of the very few hotels which not only allow visitors, but do not charge a fee for them. So you can have as many of your "newly found friends" visit or stay the night without incurring any additional fees.

I have stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel (hundreds of nights) the JW Marriott Hotel and the Copacabana Palace. I was able to get guest in every hotel. But, I also always book a double and if they have issues, I register them with the hotel for the night. I'll then deregister them the next AM when they leave unless it is one of my long term guys.

Admittedly, that is a PITA, but my one stay at the Atlantico lasted one night and the Internet was dead and not working and it was not worth it for me.

I have friends that love the hotel and the convenience. I would have said the cheap rooms but those too are crazy rates IMHO. But, most hotels in Rio are. I guess you must pick and choose what is important to you. And, Lurker is right, if you must have guest that switch on and off, this hotel may be great for you.

Or, do like many do and rent apartments.

• Members

I agree, the Atlantico Hotel was a mainstay for many on this site. However, that was a few years back. In the high days of Atlantico, there were three sauanas within walking distance of the hotel, Rogers, Estacao and Pointe 202.

Rogers is gone, Estacao is gone and Pointe 202 might as well be gone unless one likes steroid muscled guys and a bill that is too often padded.

Yes, Atlantico have a leant visitor policy but the hotel itself is not maintained. Considering the outlandish daily rates charged by the hotel, one would think there would be an ongoing upgrade to the hotel, but there isn't.

In the former "presidential" suite on the roof of the hotel, the supposed suite was divided into several rooms that are modern but the rooms do not provide the type of privacy I would expect.

The Marriott was mentioned. That is where I currently choose to stay while in Rio. I have never had any problem bringing a visitor to a room at Marriott. The Marriott is conveniently located and has a nice restaurant. I heartily recommend staying at the Marriott. The only drawback is that it is at the end of Siqueira Campos, at the ocean. At night, the area is sometimes poorly lighted and could be dangerous, depending on how late one returns to the hotel.

-

Atlantico Copacabana Hotel | Rua Siqueira Campos, 90 | Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro | 55 21- 2548-0011

http://www.atlantico...abanahotel.com/

The Atlantico Hotel is one of the mainstays of many on this site. It was very popular a few years back because of its close proximity to Point 202. It is within walking distance of the sauna. It is also an easy walk to the beach at Copacabana. There are many nice restaurants in the area and a subway station is 1 minute walk from the hotel. The rooms are a bit old and outdated and they don't seem to spend money on renovations or remodeling but if you are looking for a place right next door to Point 202, this is the place to stay.