TotallyOz

Be You With Us: Marriott's new Campaign

Guest EXPAT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Marriott owners connected with the Mormon Church? I thought there was a history of anti-gay management behavior? Maybe it's all over now.

Pardon me guys. I am sorry, but I went back to check my email and it was not sent from Marriott but from Gay.com. I started wondering how they knew to target me as well after NCBored mentioned that and I went back to that email. It mentioned nothing about gay.com in the email and the only thing in it was what I attached for you.

• Members

I have been anti Marriott since 2008 when the Mormon church contributed millions of dollars to the Yes on 8 campaign as well as a general anti gay stance, The Marriott family contribute millions each year to the Mormon church via tithing, Since the Marriotts earn the majority of income via stock ownership in Marriott and it's affiliates (such as Host International) I made the correlation that money spent at Marriott is giving money to a hate group (The Mormon Church)and thus my boycott,

Bill Marriott has publicly and loudly stated that his company is a strong supporter of equality for all and points to Marriotts 100% rating from the HRC. Marriott has been in the forefront of pushing for recognition of same-sex marriage in the past few(very few-but it is still there) years and has sponsored many Gay events,

However,,,The Marriott Family is HUGE in the LDS church and f they really wanted to push for change it would be easy for them to do so, With that said there have been (baby)steps in the LDS towards inclusion of GLBT members,,,I will not say acceptance but there is movement being made towards acceptance,

Therefore I am put in the midst of a quandary! Many friends do business with Marriott and are fine with it-telling me the time for ending the boycott is now, I on the other hand have mostly stayed away for the most part,

Guest zipperzone

Therefore I am put in the midst of a quandary! Many friends do business with Marriott and are fine with it-telling me the time for ending the boycott is now, I on the other hand have mostly stayed away for the most part,

Follow your gut & stick to your guns. It isn't the only hotel chain out there!