miller

Saunas with Rentboys

• Members

I think Thermas is the only sauna with rentboys in Barcelona, then you have some rent boys brothels, but it is not advised to go there. I read that once you enter, they put pressure on you until you take a boy even if noone is to your liking.

The other sauna is Adan in Madrid. Then there are some saunas in Switzerland with rentboys

A few years ago, Club Sauna Brazil in Berlin used to have many rentboys. That was a very good setup, as they all tended to wear speedos, which helped with identification and they were not at all pushy, so you could had the choice of cruizing for non-working customers or paying. The working boys made the place look much better.

Now it's renamed as Splash Club and all the rent boys have gone. On my most recent visits, it was mostly filled with overweight & mature Germans.

• Members

In Berlin there are bars with "rentboys." They're named in the archives here in posts of 2013. When I was in Berlin in September of 2013, for a week, I went to the one which was directly across the street from Tom's Bar. Before I got to the door, a few guys outside were seeking my company. Once inside I saw the older men and their guys "holding court." ...took a seat and ordered sparkling water and lime. ...two cute guys approached me, and without my inviting them to join me, they pulled up chairs. One spoke fairly clear and fluent Ingles; the other one, introduced to me as his cousin, spoke some. Since I was not interested in taking either or both back to my apartment, I was not that encouraging. ...tried to be cordial but was slightly turned off! ...finished my H2O and bid both farewell. Upon my leaving for Tom's one 'rentboy' outside became slightly aggressive!

Whenever I return to Berlin, I, most likely, will go to this club/bar and adjust! [...know this thread was about saunas and not bars, but I thought it would help if one were interested!]

Guest timothygabel

I think Miller's question referred to rentboy saunas in general, not just in Spain. I am also curious to find out whether there are such saunas outside of Spain and Brazil. How about places like eastern europesuch as Omania, Bulgaria or central europe like france and germany?

Thanks for feedback!

• Members

I think Miller's question referred to rentboy saunas in general, not just in Spain.

I am also curious to find out whether there are such saunas outside of Spain and Brazil.

Before leaving the subject of Spain, there is another rent boy sauna in Spain (Madrid), called sauna Adan.

I have been to sauna Adan, in Madrid, as well as visiting sauna Thermas, in Barcelona.

I think that sauna Thermas in Barcelona is a great and fun place. That sauna has been discussed previously.

I think that sauna Adan, in Madrid, is a poorly run and depressing place. The employees at that facility are consistently rude and arrogant to both customers and to rent boys.

The presence of good looking available rent boys somewhat offsets the negative behavior of the rude employees.

Customers and rent boys, alike, complain about the behavior of the rude employees working at sauna Adan but the rude and arrogant behavior continues.

This has to have a negative affect on revenue of the sauna. This is because paying customers do not sit around in the sauna buying food or drink. They do their thing with a rent boy then leave as quick as possible.

While in Madrid, I generally (but not always) avoid sauna Adan and, instead, always visit a great hustler bar called Black and White - This is a fun place with usually a couple of dozen (or more) rent boys at any one time. This means that the choice of rent boys is abundant.

http://www.nighttours.com/madrid/gayguide/black-white.html

With regard to a rent boy sauna outside of Spain and Brazil, there is one in Zurich called, Paragonya Wellness Club

http://www.travelgayeurope.com/venue/paragonya-wellness-club/

I have been to that sauna many times. It is located in a business type building. One would never suspect that it is a hustler sauna from looking at the building or the sign on the door. The place is clean and efficiently run. Each time I was there the place had many rent boys. Many were South Americans and many were Asians while some were from Eastern Europe. The sauna is in a good location and it is possible to have a good time. There used to be a fun hustler bar near Paragonya called Carousel Bar. There were often more hustlers at this bar than there were at Paragonya. For reasons I do not know, Carousel Bar suddenly closed a couple of years ago and has not reopened.

I hope this helps even though my post is a bit tardy based on the initial thread creation.

-

In Berlin there are bars with "rentboys."

That scene seems to be deteriorating in recent years. Fewer boys & almost no slim cute ones.

On one visit, I actually had an older customer make a pass at me. I was mid 40s, slimmer than many of the rent boys, but I was not at all, er, photogenic.

The boys who wait around outside tend to be unreliable & apparently some of them are outside because they have been banned from entering the bars.

On my last 3 day stay, I took no one from those bars. The internet is a better bet these days.

Club Sauna Brasil was a nice sauna with well behaved trade & regular customers happily coexisting. Unfortunately it has been transformed into "Splash Club" with no trade at all and hardly anyone who could be described as fit and attractive. So that is an expensive refit and fewer customers.

• Members

That scene seems to be deteriorating in recent years. Fewer boys & almost no slim cute ones.

On one visit, I actually had an older customer make a pass at me. I was mid 40s, slimmer than many of the rent boys, but I was not at all, er, photogenic.

The boys who wait around outside tend to be unreliable & apparently some of them are outside because they have been banned from entering the bars.

On my last 3 day stay, I took no one from those bars. The internet is a better bet these days.

Club Sauna Brasil was a nice sauna with well behaved trade & regular customers happily coexisting. Unfortunately it has been transformed into "Splash Club" with no trade at all and hardly anyone who could be described as fit and attractive. So that is an expensive refit and fewer customers.

Are we talking Tabasco ? I've gone there forever and on my trip in May plan to go there. If the action's somewhere else someone please tell me.

Are we talking Tabasco ?

Tabasco, Blue Boy and I think the other one is Pinnochio (but very quiet).

As you must know, they are all on the same road intersection.

When where you last there? How did it go?

My last visit was August 2013. Perhaps I am too fussy. I wasn't prepared to hire anyone who's carrying more weight than me, which eliminated a few of them. I nearly went with one I met in the street outside, but he refused point blank to walk 10 minutes to my hotel. He wanted me to take a short time room right there. Anyone with that kind of attitude is usually a nightmare in the room.

Anyhow, I now think Planet Romeo is the best option in Berlin.

I'll still visit blue Boy and Tabasco on the next visit, but without high expectations.

For me, the sauna is the big loss. All those cute rent boys in swimming trunks gone & now it's mostly very large older people.

• Members

I'm pretty sure all the rent bars are in the same building and same owner. Every time I've been there a few dozen were outside and a couple dozen inside. The guys used to be more Polish but lately more Romanian and Bulgarian. I don't know if Tom's Hotel there over the popular Tom's bar allows rent in. There are several other gay hotels at that intersection. Pretty much the same deal for 50 years I think.

btw- There's also a Tom's-owned "Gay Youth Hostel" at that intersection which advertises being on all the gay action of Nollendorfplatz and catering to young gay men. It has dorms with lockers. Many of the standard booking sites advertise it.

http://www.booking.com/hotel/de/gay-hostel.html?aid=356282;label=sppctrip-hotel-180924_xqdz-42a5aab5c6c0c3ad77b9fc8542e483a4_pool-com_slice-99999;sid=0841773c5a8a599f0903d5d39984e123;dcid=4;checkin=2015-05-05;checkout=2015-05-08;dist=0;srfid=baa204ef217a758e9560181d4b4490fe8e8d3b48X1;type=total;ucfs=1&

I'm in Berlin and Budapest the first half of May so I'll report.