ihpguy

Double Orgasm Last Thursday

• Members

I missed posting three more photos - two more flavorful than the others. Entrance to the Officina de Gelatos or the Ice Cream Office and the moca/girl behind the counter scooping into a casquinha/cone a load of Caramel with Sea Salt as well as the brioche and croissant on offer at Guerin.

post-122724-0-35200100-1396790901_thumb.

post-122724-0-78762700-1396790916_thumb.

post-122724-0-50120300-1396791023_thumb.

Guest parisrio2000

Sweets are not great in Brazil. Only some of the ice cream, and the acai. But pastries are not very good. The only exception is a small place in Leblon that has authentic Portuguese sweets, but those are too sweet as well.

The padaria/bakery/dessert craze is why Brazilians are becoming so fat now. It's too bad.

• Members

Thanks, AS. I couldn't have said it better myself. Anhedonia...LOVE IT!!!!!

I am a confirmed FOODIE. I admit it. I always am afraid going through the ALFANDEGA here, what will happen if they do choose to examine my stuff. Between the pickle relish, Heinz catchup, pure vanilla extrat, Vermont malple syrup for the morning French Toast and Panquecas. as well as all of the boxes of Girardelli brownie mix, I am loaded down and ready for any coming nuclear winter. Or Atlantic tsunami that comes barrelling through Guanabara Bay.

For anyone who cares, other than PR2K, Guerin is a really wonderful French-style patisserie. You will not find them adding gelatin to their mousse au chocolat. Their croissant are not as wonderful as what you fill find in France and Switzerland, but definitely on a par with what I used to get in Holland, if memory serves. The owner previously ran the entire Hotel Sofitel baking operation here in Rio de Janeiro, before going off on his own. And if Mr. Know-It-All is referring to Kort in Leblon, they are no longer doing the baking in house. But coming out of the central facility of The Bakers, who now own the shop. And the quality has gone way down.

As to the quality of the ice cream. Very nice, Loaded with cream and to my palate, not a drop of added vegetable fat as a stabilizer.

But after all, what do I know? According to you-know-who,,,, not much. Other than it is quite nice to have a double mouth orgasm on a Thursday. Joking about actually soiling my manpanties. I am still a bit to young for the Depends. But that day is arriving. Very, very, very soon another year older.

• Members

At the risk of agreeing with Anhedonius, I was not impressed with sweets in Brazil in general, but that is not to say there are not some fantastic bakeries and restaurants all over Rio and SP that are world class. One of my favorites in Jardim Botanico is Escola do Pao, sadly it is not Escola de Pau, that would be even AWESOMER. Amazing weekend brunch, tons of fresh baked breads...really good food.

thanks for the report on Guerin ihp, I will definitely be checking it out on my next trip to Rio.

Guest parisrio2000

Place I'm talking about is right next to Pizzeria Guanabara. They actually make high-quality Portuguese sweets. Though again, too sweet for my taste. Brazil isn't great for cuisine in general and certainly not for desserts. IHP is still mad about previous thread though I have to say, I don't know why that upset him so much.

I enjoy good food and good sweets. Try as hard as you can, you can't find dark chocolate in Brazil. Only imported, and then Lindt, which isn't the best. Everything they make there is cloyingly sweet. Stick to the fruit juices, it's their strong point.

Padarias are very bad for Brazil. It's making their women, and now their men, fat.

• Members

You most definitely can find dark chocolate in certain stores in Rio de Janeiro. The C.A.D.E.G. in fact for one. Also at the Cobal of Humaita. Also at Zona Sul for brands other than Lindt.

PR2K, praying for your recovery from your battles with anhedonia, dearie.

• Members

Actually it was "DIANHEDONIA HALL" but the gloves and the men's clothes were more symptomatic of transvestism.

But we digress.

Appropriate course of treatment for you-kmow-who? A deep, powerful injection of dark Brasilian chocolate might do the trick.

Or is it a dark chocolate Brasilian to powerfully inject deeply into you-know-who?

Oh, hell. Forget him. And do me.

Guest parisrio2000

Actually it was "DIANHEDONIA HALL" but the gloves and the men's clothes were more symptomatic of transvestism.

But we digress.

Appropriate course of treatment for you-kmow-who? A deep, powerful injection of dark Brasilian chocolate might do the trick.

Or is it a dark chocolate Brasilian to powerfully inject deeply into you-know-who?

Oh, hell. Forget him. And do me.

Wat? You've met my favorite. Granted he's not very dark skinned (what does that have to do with it) but you admired his beauty and he's done me many times. The truth is that I much enjoy some exquisite things (like Fernando, or high quality Valrhona chocolate or real high cuisine) but I'm not easy to please, like you, who seem to be happy with pickle relish and "Heinz ketchup." Sorry if I don't piss at every corner like a obsequious dog.

• Members

Back to the topic, along with the pleasure of a hot Brasilian boyfriend, I also can enjoy the mousse au chocolat from Guerin and the pistachio ice cream at Officina del Gelatos. And as a topping for my batatas portuguesas nothing really beats either Heinz or Sweet Baby Ray's. As to adding sweet pickle relish into tuna fish salad, that is a subject up for discussion.

• Members

Buy hey, PR2K, I much prefer to lift a leg or two, for "um homem quente"/"a hot man" and not to urinate and my mark spot like a dog in the street. If that is what gets you off, not sure why you travel all the way to Rio de Janeiro from wherever.