TotallyOz

Soi Twilight Update from Tuesday, May 27th

I went to Soi Twilight tonight and ate at Dick's Cafe and then went to 3 bars. All the drinks are same prices as before. LOL No special prices. smile.png Dream Boys is 400 baht.

I went to X-Size and they had a very nice selection of boys. Something for a bit of everyone. Drinks were 350. Boys all said it has been slow and they need money. smile.png

I went to Hot Male. The place had 4 customers. More than any bar so far. They had a nice selection of boys but they all said things were slow too. A friend from the USA has a BF there and since I was in the area I thought I would drop by and buy him a drink and give him a tip. I bought him a drink and gave him 500 baht (15 US) as I know things are slow for all the boys now in Bangkok.

All bars and the boys were saying they will be open till 12 midnight. They said there were there last night till the same time.

The Soi was very slow and quiet. I sat at Dick's for one hour and saw one customer go into Dream Boys.

I took a Tuk Tuk back and he said he was told the 12 AM curfew is in place and he is staying out to work.

Just a bit of an update from the Soi Twilight gay bar area.

Guest Paragon

Thanks for the update, Oz. i was wondering how things were going there. I'd love to stop by and help some guys out, but MsGuy would use it against me next time we discuss Thai politics.

Thanks for the update. Per phone conversations with my friend, some of the places on Soi Twilight have been trying to stay open the last few nights. But as TotallyOz has reported, there are no customers.

The Bangkok Post is now reporting that the curfew is being modified starting tomorrow night (wed) from 12:01 - 4am.

It will help the nightlife a bit, but tourist are just going to stop going to Thailand till things get sorted out.

I just got back from about 6 weeks in Bangkok last week. Several weeks ago I was looking at airfares for Oct/Nov time frame. Fares were running around $1400. Now I'm looking to buy and many of those same dates are in the low $2000's The fuel surcharges are starting to kick in again as oil stays above $100 a barrel. If this keeps up, Thai tourism will be further hurt.

• Members

I refuse to pay those prices! I went to Dream Boys last year when the drink price was a little over 350 Baht and the show was filled with drag queens walking around with their dicks hanging out and acting as if they were unaware of it.

If I am going to pay premium prices, they had better put on premium entertainment.

I'm going back in August or September. Maybe by that time I may soften my stance on the high prices of Soi Twilight but I probably won't.

Guest Paragon

I can sure agree on that Dreamboy show. It's awful! I know just what you mean about the guys in dresses with useless erections.